Tribes 1.50 (no hope)

I'm updating code on the community right now to block this "patch." Sorry shift it has to be done. Can't have any dirty cheaters ruining the game for people. Everyone connecting with 1.50 will be permanently I.P. banned.

so i figured at some point that not allowing 1.11 but allowing 1.40 is kind of unfair, since both allow happymod but 1.40 users have netset whereas 1.30 users dont

so i removed the lasthope requirements in the lasthope config on the server. in the end, unless the user is running 1.41, we are going to have the assumption that the user is cheating (only 1.41 users names get highlighted).

this would have been enough, but the 1.30 server exe has a hardcoded check that kicks for versions below 1.30 - so 1.11 users still can't connect.

so until i (or someone smarter than me) makes a) a 1.30 netset or b) a server plugin to nop out the check, i told shift that for now, that stupid "1.50" client would work

i didnt think he'd make some official thread trying to take credit for what is literally changing of the text from "1.11" to "1.50", and give it a name like "nohope" as if it was anything. there are so many stupid things in the first post it hurts my brain.

Last edited:
there already is a 1.30 netset

isn't there?

there surely has to be one, but i don't have it.

if someone did have it it would be nice if the person shared it with everyone else. it would be fair to 1.30 users, especially since 1.40 netset is widely accepted now. (this is not sarcasm)

anyway shift my response earlier was rash. it wouldn't be fair to block "1.50", but this thread is still fucking stupid.

Last edited:

if someone did have it it would be nice if the person shared it with everyone else. it would be fair to 1.30 users, especially since 1.40 netset is widely accepted now. (this is not sarcasm)

anyway shift my response earlier was rash. it wouldn't be fair to block "1.50", but this thread is still fucking stupid.

so just run 1.11 servers so people can use whatever they want

why even bother with 1.3

because it lets us scan 1.41 users, which is some form of confidence that people aren't cheating.

we know that 1.30 bypasses exist, but as far as i know no bypasses of 1.41 exist. not that they're hard to make, just that they aren't out there. the triviality of making one is almost to 1.41's benefit.

well you did said share it with anyone who would be able to benefit from it. didn't know you meant in secrecy or whatever. oops.

on another note, isn't this the kind of which hunt behavior that killed tribes? frankly I believe people should just do what they want with their configurations and setups. Then allow the admins to do their fucking job and root out the fuck sticks that have no self control but to double click happymod.exe

edit: and why the fuck does there need to be a status quo on who cheats and who doesn't. Its not like there are any official competitions going on or anything. Its just pick up matches and pubs. What I think is, people just want to relive the glory days and make the "cheats" secret again that way they will stomp in pubs and pick ups as "legitimate" players.

14jb1pt.jpg

Last edited:
well you did said share it with anyone who would be able to benefit from it. didn't know you meant in secrecy or whatever. oops.

i said "if you know anyone that would benefit from these please share it with them so they aren't at a disadvantage". i wouldn't lie about the fact that 1.50 was working on the server since i disabled the lasthope requirement. what i didn't expect you to do was to make some pseudo-brag thread to try to take credit (like the idiot you are) for making a "nohope" client with "features" when this is just the default 1.11 exe with the version number changed. this isn't a lasthope bypass in the slightest. i didn't want this to be the publicly accepted solution for an even playing field when a better solution is either a server side patch or a netset plugin for 1.30, both of which i was hoping to make in the coming weeks.

i told you all this so that for now, so that YOU can play on an even playing field for the time being, that this would work for you until i can come up with a better alternative

not worth addressing the rest of your drivel

this is what i told you

opsayo said:
turns out to be not trivial, the 1.30 server has a hardcoded check for game version even if the lasthope config is tweaked. do you remember the "1.50" shit going around? that will work if you have it.
opsayo said:
if you know anyone else using 1.11/1.30 that could benefit from that "1.50" shit please give it to them. tell them to ask me if they're worried i think its cheating. its a ghetto fix until i learn how to make a plugin for it

oh... well shit my bad lol

btw i wasn't trying to take credit on anything.

edit: as far as the whole "no hope" thing, I called it that because I noticed that the server list had dwindled down. A pun towards lasthope afterhope ect.

Last edited:
Back