Hi guys. New project some of you may be interested in.

Minstrel

Contributor
Veteran XX
There is a band from the 60's called Bubble Puppy. Excellent band. Went to Austin this late summer to see them perform and became friends with them. The drummer for my new band has been friends with them for awhile, and we have decided to do a tribute album for them. Look them up on youtube, they right some neat music. My band has covered Gathering of Promises, and we have 4 or 5 other submissions from all over, including one from Brazil. If any of you guys, bands or single, rock or electronic, hell even hip hop, want to get in on this, here is a link to the info.

https://sites.google.com/site/bubblepuppytribute/

Hi Ani, yeah I have become a bit of a lurker. I keep tabs on this forum and read most things that interest me. GD has become a bit of a redundant cesspool, don't much frequent there anymore. How is the band goin?

We're doing well, lots of new material and demos happening. Very excited to record another record, but getting the funds is difficult. I just paid for my wedding and honeymoon too :)

That is awesome, congratulations my friend. Glad to hear the band is doing well. I have a new band called BeaverCreek, we are just local, but our drummer has some pretty big connections. We just started recording a CD. Got one song recorded and almost in the can, got to set some automation on it tomorrow, then we should be gold. We also recorded a song for this project I am pushing. That one is a done deal. You guy should do a ska (I think that is the style u play, been awhile and I smoke a lot of pot.) version of a Bubble Puppy tune, ooooo DO their hit, Hot Smoke and Sassafrass, that would be bad ass. lol. You guys really should.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing some BeaverCreek.
Uhh, not sure Bubble Puppy would translate into ska very well. We'll keep working on originals :)

Back