View Poll Results: Pick one.
Crystal Desert 14 63.64%
Darkhaven 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 07-19-2012, 15:19
Instead of spamming GD with another Poll thread, I figured I'd use one of these dead MMO forums.

Anyway, looks like it's down to two servers. This will be the final vote. This is for the weekend. I'm sure we'll do yet another vote as release comes closer.

Crystal Desert vs Darkhaven

FIGHT

Sponsored Links
Vir
VeteranX
Old
2 - 07-19-2012, 15:45
The Darkhaven, so scary!

Bughead
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 07-19-2012, 15:46
Honestly I don't think we can narrow it down to only 2 servers already. I'm keeping my eye on Crystal Desert, Yak***8217;s Bend, Gate of Madness, Jade Quarry, and of course Darkhaven. With some servers being deleted and the limits raised on all the servers left, a lot will change this last BWE.

We need to have some people volunteer to scout out some of these during this last BWE and keep us updated on their WvW status (since that's all that really matters, that and population but we can all observe that from the server select screen).

I really liked Darkhaven and Sorrow's Furnace what little time I spent on both servers, but even with the limits raised I think the servers will max out fairly quickly. My instincts tell me Crystal Desert/Gate of Madness are the two servers that are going to really shine (besides DH/SF) but I'm still going to hold judgement until Monday (after the last BWE).

The fact that the SEA/Philippines PNOY Alliance are considering Gate of Madness makes me cringe though.

I'm still keeping a close eye on Jade Quarry as well, but I'm still not entirely convinced on that server.

Darkhaven being the Oceanic alt server gives it a huge advantage in WvW though.

So many things to take into consideration, I hate decisions. lol

Last edited by Bughead; 07-19-2012 at 15:56..
Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 07-19-2012, 16:17
This is for the weekend, not a permenant spot. I completely agree that a lot will change come Monday.

Some people don't care about which server we choose, though. And for a lot of them this will be their first time even playing the game. We need a decided upon server to make it as easy as possible to play together this weekend.

Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
5 - 07-19-2012, 17:11
Voted for Crystal Desert because TW has already spent some time on Darkhaven and I'm hoping there is less trouble with CD immediately filling up. But I'm with Bughead on watching some of the other servers as well. Gate of Madness is the server I ended up on last BWE so I will probably check in on it again.

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
6 - 07-19-2012, 18:23
Looks like it won't really matter much if people get broken up a little we can all just transfer to the best of the pick.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...e/1#post276054

Quote:
World Transfer
World transfer will be free and unlimited from Noon July 20 to 6:00 PM Pacific on July 21. After this period, you***8217;ll need to spend gems for a transfer. Transfers will still be unlimited. The gem costs for a world transfer after 6:00 PM Pacific on July 21:
1800 gems to transfer to a high population world
1000 gems to transfer to a medium population world
500 gems to transfer to a low population world

Bughead
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 07-19-2012, 20:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow13 View Post
Looks like it won't really matter much if people get broken up a little we can all just transfer to the best of the pick.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...e/1#post276054
Yeah it's free for a bit every time.

It'll be the same on release. Free for the first day or so then $20 (or whatever the final prices turns out to be) after that since we'll want a High Pop server (we want High, just not Full, which will be walking a fine line) regardless.

Ickz
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 07-19-2012, 23:06
Wasn't answered in the other thread - what's great about Crystal Desert besides Team Legacy? Are the other guilds there supposed to good as well or what? Think I only recognized one or two of them. Darkhaven is going to have a nice WvW advantage in the late/early hours being the Oceanic alt server.

Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
9 - 07-20-2012, 01:07
Well Team Legacy is part of Ascension Alliance which looks like a fairly decent size alliance. Darkhaven will only have a big WvW advantage if all the Oceanic people can actually manage to get on there (I think it was pretty stupid of them to pick one of the most popular servers as an alt).

But really, the advantage I see in Crystal Desert for this BWE is that we'll all hopefully be able to get on it. With all the keys they've been giving away I'm expecting the most popular servers to fill up pretty fast, even with the expanded capacity.

Last edited by Curious_George; 07-20-2012 at 01:17..
Got Haggis?
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 07-20-2012, 13:47
well servers are up

Bughead
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 07-20-2012, 16:18
Crystal Desert, Darkhaven, and Gate of Madness are full.

We might end up having to choose another server entirely.

Server transfers are free until 9PM EST I think. We can always transfer somewhere together but we have to make a decision today, before then.

Ickz
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 07-20-2012, 16:22
I was able to get on Darkhaven this morning before I had to go to work. Figured might as well since I could just xfer off later, but if Crystal Desert is full too...

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Rift
Reload this Page [Guild Wars 2] BWE3 Server Choice Part 2

Social Website Bullshit