I'm not saying don't have pickups.

Pachacutec

Veteran X
Like I said, if you want to play with your irc friends (which apparently ppl still use), lock a server, and jump on and have fun. But to exclude people who were having fun just a second ago is stupid.

I've seen admins veto tourney votes when a servers are full. Thank you, you are extending the life of this game when you do that.

i didn't love the server takeovers for PUs, but the community is so small now that it's usually either one or the other

even if the PU started in a dif server it would still kill the pub so what's the difference

PU's r good 4 sure the problem is there's no sensible way to handle them and not cause pub destruction which leads to months where no one pubs tribes anymore b/c of this problem(currently we are in such a state). The issue I see is both servers want to house pu's and neither wants to house pubs only which would really solve the problem. If the public knew that there was a server that didnt allow pu's we most likely would have a small but maintained pub constantly as opposed to the rollercoaster of seasons of pubbing and non pubbing we currently go through.

PU's r good 4 sure the problem is there's no sensible way to handle them and not cause pub destruction which leads to months where no one pubs tribes anymore b/c of this problem(currently we are in such a state). The issue I see is both servers want to house pu's and neither wants to house pubs only which would really solve the problem. If the public knew that there was a server that didnt allow pu's we most likely would have a small but maintained pub constantly as opposed to the rollercoaster of seasons of pubbing and non pubbing we currently go through.

:heart: jj but i disagree

the PU ppl will still join the pub server and spam it if people are there, killing it

it happened when Shithole was still around, PUs killed it everytime

i dont see why it would work now with less than half the people that were around back then

It killed it when shithole was around b/c shithole was playing base in rotation a lot more and when it dropped to 7v7 after a pu spam the remaining players would leave b/c 7v7 nub base can really blow. This is obv just my opinion but I feel if we ever did try for a decent length of time having a pub only server then we might get back some of those awful players that use to lurk shithole all the time. The question is do we want a pub world with them back because at this moment the worst players still are nowhere near some of those old shithole lurkers.

PU's r good 4 sure the problem is there's no sensible way to handle them and not cause pub destruction which leads to months where no one pubs tribes anymore b/c of this problem(currently we are in such a state). The issue I see is both servers want to house pu's and neither wants to house pubs only which would really solve the problem.

The issue is that there are a handful of people who frequently go into a populated pub and spam vote tourney mode or take half the pub into the other server which eventually kills both servers. There would be many more players remaining in this community, and I'm convinced that a lot of players would return to at least play casually (myself included), if I didn't refresh the server list and constantly see yet another game of "virtual IRC" observation mode of a 5v5 LT PU.

If the public knew that there was a server that didnt allow pu's we most likely would have a small but maintained pub constantly as opposed to the rollercoaster of seasons of pubbing and non pubbing we currently go through.

PUs aren't necessarily the problem. LT isn't necessarily the problem, either. But, these 5v5 LT PUs in servers with 16+ players is. Those remaining 6 in obs stay because they know that if they leave the other server will never develop into a good game. LT is not some pure, pristine thing that requires there be 5 players on each side. I think a possible solution is Maverick 1) setting some rules for the admins and for these PUs that they have to play everyone in the server, and 2) setting the player limit on one of the servers to 9.

Last edited:
i know this isn't what people want to hear, but imo you guys have driven away all the pubbers already anyways

you made your bed

pu's are not that bad

sometimes i like to sit in obs and just watch, its like my football

thye only thing i dont like about pu's is it is always the same players playing the same pos

fuck 90% of the time i can call who is going to win, sometimes i dont even know why u guys pu when ur doing the same damn teams everynight

put a home player on lo or cap, shit shake it up a lil

PU's will never exist non 5v5 ppl just tend to try it and h8 it.

Why? Because you're all such professional gamers playing a more "pure" version of LT as God intended? It's 2012. If you have Tribes and are in the only populated server, you deserve to play. If there are 16+ players play pub maps or maps that can handle more players like CCD LT and Untold. If there are 20+ players play base maps.

It's been sort of a joke since LT was released that "LT killed tribes." Well, I hate to say it, b/c I really enjoyed LT, but these 5v5 LT PUs are in a very real way killing Tribes. You're excluding anyone, including the really talented old school players that could be just a little rusty, who might like to play casually because if you don't currently play constantly or hang in IRC and Tribe Talk to make yourself known and recognized enough to be picked, you can't play a lot of the time.

If things don't change, you guys (the very serious LT players today like DarkPiece, Dare, opsayo, et al) are going to soon find yourselves unable to even scrape together 10 players for a 5v5.

Last edited:
everyone make sure to play 7v6 lt PUs and if a woman gets an abortion after being raped not only is the woman a whore but she should go to jail then hell

pacha maybe if you didnt suck more dick than i did, you would get picked, or maybe grow a pair and learn 2 captain ( i fukin suck at capt/tribes for better part of a few weeks etc)... only reason i capt as much as i do is cus 13 people will literally sit there and not do a damn thing for 5+ mins

pacha all about bitching about the problem but not fixing it

read stork guide, learn fundamentals, play pu, have fun gg

Back