1.1.0B by AdreNaLiNe - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page 1.1.0B
Page 1 of 2
Thread Tools
AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 01-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Reply With Quote
Ability delay fix:

General
•Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Republic and Imperial Fleets.


Classes and Combat
•Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.


Operations


General
•Operations will no longer allow more than 16 Operations Group members to enter concurrently.


Karagga's Palace
•Operations Groups will no longer be forced to reset the Operation if the group wipes when attempting to defeat G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator.
•Fixed an exploit that would allow players to repeatedly loot the chest after defeating Jarg and Sorno.


Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
•Fixed an issue that could cause graphical inconsistencies, which most often manifested as random screen "flickering."
 
AdreNaLiNe is offline
 
Sponsored Links
$tarlight
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 01-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Reply With Quote
Yay. just hope it works well.

Classes and Combat
***8226;Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.
 
$tarlight is offline
 
Data
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3 - 01-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Reply With Quote
Sweet. I'll have to try it out tonight.
 
Data is offline
 
Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 01-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Reply With Quote
Still no "made leveling enjoyable" :|
 
Smaqaho is offline
 
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
5 - 01-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaqaho View Post
Still no "made leveling enjoyable" :|
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
 
Shopper47 is offline
 
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 01-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Reply With Quote
It does feel a lot better.
 
DeadlyRabbit is offline
 
AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 01-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Reply With Quote
I found leveling to be MUCH MORE enjoyable than WoW. Are you kidding me smaq? Maybe I just enjoyed following the storylines more. If you don't, then you can skip through all of it and pretend it's WoW.
 
AdreNaLiNe is offline
 
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
8 - 01-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Reply With Quote
I am dragging my feet a bit at 37. I think I want a Jedi Knight instead.

PVP is fun but there are so many lvl 11s now it can be brutal to get people to pay attention, and people are just not cool with MVP awards
 
Shopper47 is offline
 
AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 01-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
I am dragging my feet a bit at 37. I think I want a Jedi Knight instead.

PVP is fun but there are so many lvl 11s now it can be brutal to get people to pay attention, and people are just not cool with MVP awards
Dice Battle Master Sith Assassin PvP Video 690 Expertise - YouTube

I do about 30% less currently on same geared targets. That is inevitable with people getting more gear now. But it's still some kickass single target damage. Nothing wrong with Knight/Sentinel, but this may make you not "give up" so to speak. As the video progresses, he starts fighting players with better and better gear. The damage is still nice. He does have 1 tier of gear above me though. He's also kind of bad at his class, but that's ok. Just showing you the damage.

It's great because most people don't cry about Shadow's single target damage since it doesn't come from the first 5 seconds of a operative KD.

Just so you know, if you roll Knight and choose Sentinel, you will hate it more than your shadow. I am struggling leveling my sentinel at 35 right now through PvP.
 
AdreNaLiNe is offline
 
Die Hard
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
10 - 01-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Reply With Quote
yea a good assassin is more scary than an operative, they hurt so fricking much.
 
Die Hard is offline
 
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
11 - 01-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
Dice Battle Master Sith Assassin PvP Video 690 Expertise - YouTube

I do about 30% less currently on same geared targets. That is inevitable with people getting more gear now. But it's still some kickass single target damage. Nothing wrong with Knight/Sentinel, but this may make you not "give up" so to speak. As the video progresses, he starts fighting players with better and better gear. The damage is still nice. He does have 1 tier of gear above me though. He's also kind of bad at his class, but that's ok. Just showing you the damage.

It's great because most people don't cry about Shadow's single target damage since it doesn't come from the first 5 seconds of a operative KD.

Just so you know, if you roll Knight and choose Sentinel, you will hate it more than your shadow. I am struggling leveling my sentinel at 35 right now through PvP.
Dear god must get to 50. Is the flying saber the sith CS? Man all their skills look more badass than ours. Hrm I'm already 32 valor, guess I have a ways to go. Damn that is some sick damage jesus.(And amazing FPS)
 
Shopper47 is offline
 
AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 01-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Reply With Quote
The Clairvoyant Strike equivalent on their side has the same animation.

I'm currently at 54, and depressed at only being able to gain near a level a night. Wish I could play during the day sometimes when you meet these types of grinds and you just want to get it over with. By 57, I think it will be taking me 2-3 nights, and 59 will probably take me 5-6! :\
 
AdreNaLiNe is offline
 
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
13 - 01-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Reply With Quote
What's the spinning saber he keeps doing, project?
 
Shopper47 is offline
 
AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 01-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
What's the spinning saber he keeps doing, project?
Clairvoyant strike. The difference (and believe me, it is a ****ty difference) is our projects. His is an instant cast lightning strike thing. Our is a pick up rock off the ground hey look at me hey use resilience thing. That is the hard hitting "Yellow" damage you see. The next less hard hitting yellow thingy is Force Breach. Other than that, telekinetic throw, equivalent of force lightning, looks stupid, but doesn't affect gameplay.
 
AdreNaLiNe is offline
 
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
15 - 01-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
Clairvoyant strike. The difference (and believe me, it is a ****ty difference) is our projects. His is an instant cast lightning strike thing. Our is a pick up rock off the ground hey look at me hey use resilience thing. That is the hard hitting "Yellow" damage you see. The next less hard hitting yellow thingy is Force Breach. Other than that, telekinetic throw, equivalent of force lightning, looks stupid, but doesn't affect gameplay.
AH ok yeah I knew we had an issue with our projects landing on impact and not on casting, nice to actually see the difference. **** I need to hit 40 at least to get CS.

Think you could PL with a healer friend, their healer bot and your healer bot? Like 2 man bosses etc? Or timewise would it even be worth it?
 
Shopper47 is offline
 
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 01-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
Dice Battle Master Sith Assassin PvP Video 690 Expertise - YouTube

I do about 30% less currently on same geared targets. That is inevitable with people getting more gear now. But it's still some kickass single target damage. Nothing wrong with Knight/Sentinel, but this may make you not "give up" so to speak. As the video progresses, he starts fighting players with better and better gear. The damage is still nice. He does have 1 tier of gear above me though. He's also kind of bad at his class, but that's ok. Just showing you the damage.

It's great because most people don't cry about Shadow's single target damage since it doesn't come from the first 5 seconds of a operative KD.

Just so you know, if you roll Knight and choose Sentinel, you will hate it more than your shadow. I am struggling leveling my sentinel at 35 right now through PvP.
The only thing that video has going for it is the numbers, that doesn't look like a very interesting class to play. The most of video is the guy attacking republic 2 on 1 or greater odds, or he has a pocket healer which makes it easy to get top damage when you don't die.
 
DeadlyRabbit is offline
 
Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 01-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
I found leveling to be MUCH MORE enjoyable than WoW. Are you kidding me smaq? Maybe I just enjoyed following the storylines more. If you don't, then you can skip through all of it and pretend it's WoW.
I've never enjoyed leveling in either game. I didn't mind leveling alts in WoW but that was with heirlooms and perks to boost leveling speed (and almost entirely on rest XP). I liked leveling to about 10-11 on my first SWTOR toon after I found out you can spam spacebar to speed up the process, but after that it became really boring.

To help with the boredom I figured maybe it was the class (sage), so Natural suggested I try a Sentinel since the guild has about 50 sages as well as plenty of active tanks. I can clear packs of mobs much faster on the Sentinel which is good, but it's still nonstop running for miles and miles for quests and spamming spacebar to get rid of cinematics.

I now have 2 toons to levels 16-18 but no desire to play the game. I've just been leveling for a few hours a week when nothing else is going on or have companions run slicing missions nonstop while tabbed out playing WoW or streaming music. Eventually I'll level up or maybe I'll find a way to enjoy the game, but so far leveling has been nothing short of painfully boring. Teriyaki from TC also picked up the game last week, leveled his first character to 4 or 5, and now he's trying to talk Zeph into leveling for him or buying his account after he found out you can't really find packs of quickly spawning mobs and grind your way to 50 since he hates questing even moreso than me.
 
Smaqaho is offline
 
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 01-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaqaho View Post
I've never enjoyed leveling in either game. I didn't mind leveling alts in WoW but that was with heirlooms and perks to boost leveling speed (and almost entirely on rest XP). I liked leveling to about 10-11 on my first SWTOR toon after I found out you can spam spacebar to speed up the process, but after that it became really boring.

To help with the boredom I figured maybe it was the class (sage), so Natural suggested I try a Sentinel since the guild has about 50 sages as well as plenty of active tanks. I can clear packs of mobs much faster on the Sentinel which is good, but it's still nonstop running for miles and miles for quests and spamming spacebar to get rid of cinematics.

I now have 2 toons to levels 16-18 but no desire to play the game. I've just been leveling for a few hours a week when nothing else is going on or have companions run slicing missions nonstop while tabbed out playing WoW or streaming music. Eventually I'll level up or maybe I'll find a way to enjoy the game, but so far leveling has been nothing short of painfully boring. Teriyaki from TC also picked up the game last week, leveled his first character to 4 or 5, and now he's trying to talk Zeph into leveling for him or buying his account after he found out you can't really find packs of quickly spawning mobs and grind your way to 50 since he hates questing even moreso than me.
You can gain levels at a steady pace by doing space dailys and pvp dailys, I don't bother with that stuff everyday, usually 3 times a week I do space missions and pvp dailys probably 4-5 days a week. I have no level 50 goals so I am in no rush to get one character to max level. The class quest stories are usually the only ones I don't skip all the dialog, it would have made more sense for a lot of quests to just have the npc say "Hey do you want to go kill 10 of X for a reward?"
 
DeadlyRabbit is offline
 
Ickz
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 01-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Reply With Quote
I thought the leveling pace was alright, but I hated the planets with a lot of indoor areas or the ones that felt like the entire planet was just tiny rooms connected together by small tunnels - aka Coruscant/Corellia. I reeeeeeally think it was dumb to have every single quest voice acted /w cinematics. Instead of wasting a bunch of money/resources/time on voice acting "Hey guy, go kill ten ratsoops I mean imperial dudes for me. They killed my brother or something." for every side quest, they probably could've made the overall game much better than what it is currently.
 
Ickz is offline
 
AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 01-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
The only thing that video has going for it is the numbers, that doesn't look like a very interesting class to play. The most of video is the guy attacking republic 2 on 1 or greater odds, or he has a pocket healer which makes it easy to get top damage when you don't die.
It's not interesting looking because he doesn't use the whole repertoir. Like I said, he's not a good Shadow. And posting damage of 180k or something is pretty dumb.

That said, my playstyle alters between a tank and a dps. The class itself is very interesting in that I can guard, taunt without tank stance, be in tank stance to take less damage, reduce damage on other people, defensive CDs, and solid damage.

You are only seeing half of the class, and at that half, half of the DPS mechanics only. I was just showing JM the potential numbers the class can achieve. How good he gets at it, obviously, is up to him. I walk out of warzones with 300k damage, 60k protection, and 11 medals sometimes.
 
AdreNaLiNe is offline
 
Page 1 of 2
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page 1.1.0B

Social Website Bullshit

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.