Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page TW Server 2.0
Page 6 of 14
Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
101 - 12-14-2011, 02:12
Added, seems bukkit finally updated on the 12th. I will poke around tomorrow and see if I can install it.

Sponsored Links
Elantri_X
VeteranXV
Old
102 - 12-15-2011, 03:16
Can you add my friend, webbyironhead?

Jelly
VeteranXV
Old
103 - 12-20-2011, 17:47
no update on server yet

MajorChaos
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
104 - 12-21-2011, 10:12
Notch lied, tw server died?

Kore
VeteranX
Old
105 - 12-21-2011, 11:33
The server is still up and running, just doesn't have bukkit on it.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
106 - 12-21-2011, 21:35
The server is NOT dead, I'm sorry it took so long but bukkit was just... not updating to the new version but Bukkit is installed now as is Essentials, Essentials Group Manager, and Dynmap.

- Default group redirected to builder group, allowing everyone access to the normal "survival" mode stuff.
- Added setwarp permissions to the builder group, allowing everyone to set warps.
- Replaced spawn in the original spawn hut.
- Dynmap is functioning once again.

I'll monitor this thread over the holidays and ensure everyone gets access. I would add stargate if I could, but I can't find it on the bukkit site now.

Last edited by Feannag; 12-21-2011 at 22:23..
Mogs
VeteranXV
Old
107 - 12-22-2011, 09:56
can u enable the /repair command?

Jelly
VeteranXV
Old
108 - 12-22-2011, 11:33
Also Feannag, I'm on during the days and if anyone needs access I could do it via in game if that has been granted...

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
109 - 12-22-2011, 11:59
Thanks. But but the whitelist is still present and intact and all people are defaulted tot he builder group, which allows for everything normal on top of setting warps.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
110 - 12-26-2011, 11:03
Have bump this since the first page rarely gets read.

- Whitelist updated
- Touched up the spawn area a bit to be a bit more "foot-friendly" for any new people.
- Added some minecarts to a small chest inside the spawn hut for any new people.

Also I think it is MajorChaos who is building a rather large walled-in area. If you manage to tap Spruntos out of cobble there's more in the chests in the spawn hut. Easy to /spawn, pick it up and warp back to wherever you are.

And as a reminder, the guy who originally did the Stargate plugin is gone and the bukkit thread with his plugin is 404'd. So now it is warping or the rail system.

Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
111 - 12-26-2011, 23:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
Have bump this since the first page rarely gets read.

- Whitelist updated
- Touched up the spawn area a bit to be a bit more "foot-friendly" for any new people.
- Added some minecarts to a small chest inside the spawn hut for any new people.

Also I think it is MajorChaos who is building a rather large walled-in area. If you manage to tap Spruntos out of cobble there's more in the chests in the spawn hut. Easy to /spawn, pick it up and warp back to wherever you are.

And as a reminder, the guy who originally did the Stargate plugin is gone and the bukkit thread with his plugin is 404'd. So now it is warping or the rail system.
We had to switch over because of the stargate plugin issue. Most servers including ours uses this:

Wormhole X-Treme - Bukkit

It is quite good.

ps. DH and I now own and operate Grimworld. Considering making a TW map :P

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
112 - 12-27-2011, 02:05
Own and operate? Lulz, what happened? Wife/husband had a falling out?

But the All-Nighter is now getting better, there's the lull fromt he holidays. Spruntos is still working on that behemoth of a tower, Elantrix and Mush have setup near the spawn at the base of the mountain my bunker is, creating some mines and underwater tunnels into the bay. Nextgen shows up to help Spruntos, probably because he wants cobble for the rather large walls he is building around some property.

I'll look into wormhole, that seems the only one left. But the reason the rail system isn't as effective is there isn't as many places to go. Hopefully you will knock out a few of those plugins on Grimworld. And maybe lax up on building codes and encourage people to actually live and build inside the main city.

Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
113 - 12-27-2011, 12:22
The owner got deployed (Navy) for 6 months and his wife moved to his new station in Hawaii. So we took over. I'll be perfectly honest, I don't spend time in the main city, neither do any of the experienced players. Its just a starter zone so that people don't get raped as soon as they start. We have the build rules because most people are retarded and build stupid ass **** that nobody likes. The simplest solution is to start your own city and just make your own rules :P.

What were the plugin issues are you refering to? We've been pretty on top of things as far as I know...

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
114 - 12-27-2011, 12:47
Too many plugins. Also the city should technically provide more of a community focus. By giving zero incentives for staying in the city and lots of incentive to "make your own town" it ultimately makes the place look like a ****-hole ghost town. Way I see it you either find ways to draw people to the city or just blast the whole thing since it would be useless otherwise.

The plugins weren't the issue, there was simply too many of them.

Last edited by Feannag; 12-27-2011 at 12:49..
Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
115 - 12-27-2011, 13:17
Considering blowing it up... Have to figure out what we are doing, certainly not against it entirely...

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
116 - 12-28-2011, 03:11
Yeah because that place was full of stupid kids who really didn't want to do much but troll each other or new players for some reason. You really want to figure out what kind of people you want there.

TW 2.0 (All-Nighter) is simply a reincarnation of what the old TW server was (1.0). It's survival, white-list only, minimal plugins. We're there because we want to build cool stuff and not worry about people griefing or trolling. We have yet to have any actual trolling or thefts, but I will be swift about dealing with it. I also have made note of which players are not TW and were referred and who referred them. That way if a non-TW'er starts **** I'll know how he/she got in here and the referee will also be punished as well. I hope that ensures people will honestly vouch for those TW'ers who want to get friends in and make them aware such people are there on their word.

Judging from the map we can expand the rail system a bit more from the starter desert and out to the bay where my bunker, Lucky's Lighthouse, and Elantrix's stuff is, and it could connect up to Major's castle. I'm going to look into that after I hit the next leg in my bunker project and consult with Spruntos a bit more on it.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
117 - 12-28-2011, 09:28
Update : 28/12/11

- Enabled use of TNT and lava buckets, they should work now.
- Disabled AFK Item Block, you should now be able to idle on your grinders and pick up stuff.

MajorChaos
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
118 - 12-28-2011, 10:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post

I don't think that will ever happen.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
119 - 12-28-2011, 10:45
Yeah well I have four chests of cobble now I think now I am done hallowing out the bunker. I gotta setup a floor plan now for it.

MajorChaos
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
120 - 12-28-2011, 15:16
Me and my gf hardly play this anymore, so I dont know when I'll ever get around to finishing the structures we were building.

Page 6 of 14

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page TW Server 2.0

Social Website Bullshit