Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page TW Server 2.0
Page 13 of 14
Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
241 - 01-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Yeah I haven't gotten around to updating it yet. The few times earlier I have bukkit didn't properly update so I left it at that version. I'll update it now but it'll be "classic" without bukkit.

Also the server is whitelisted, your name needs to be on it to get in.

Server and Bukkit are updated, I haven't touched the other plugins yet so I'm not sure if they are working. I kept hearing about "auto-updating" plugins in future versions of bukkit all in 2012, but I haven't seen it yet.

Last edited by Feannag; 01-01-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Mogs
VeteranXV
Old
242 - 01-20-2013, 04:28 PM
you have a point

Foomanshoe
Veteran++
Old
243 - 02-02-2013, 02:28 PM
White list me, Foomanshoe.

MajorChaos
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
244 - 02-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Does anyone play on this server anymore ans was tekkit ever installed? If so myself and 3 others might switch to this server.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
245 - 02-13-2013, 06:06 PM
I haven't installed Tekkit and I don't think anyone is really on it anymore. I'm considering shutting it down and DL'ing and saving the world file for anyone who wants it.

As for Tekkit, I dunno. I think one of my coworkers has a server with that installed, and it seems buggy as hell. Then again he seems to enjoy arbitrarily stupid rules that make no sense like no spider spawn, sunlight immune zombies that spawn in all the time during the night, etc.

Plus the steaming pile seems buggy as ****, is Tekkit the one where you can build batteries and solar panels ans such?

SuperDuck_1
VeteranXV
Old
246 - 02-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Ive have a tekkite lite server, runs fine

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
247 - 02-19-2013, 05:29 PM
It also doesn't help there seems to be little to no instructions on how to install a server. You get a download, open it up, and no obvious faqs or text files. And the forums only have asking questions on problems installing it.

SuperDuck_1
VeteranXV
Old
248 - 02-28-2013, 08:28 PM
yea tekkit classic isnt that bad, tekkit lite is brutal to figure out how to run a decent server. took me alot of googling and searching through forums and even going on tekkit lite servers and talking to admins/owners

Dimmesdale
VeteranX
Old
249 - 03-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Looks like you took the server down. Will you make the world available for download?

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
250 - 03-22-2013, 01:01 AM
I will yes, but it may be tricky finding a proper host for it.

Dimmesdale
VeteranX
Old
251 - 03-22-2013, 09:17 PM
how big is it? Too big for a dropbox account?

SuperDuck_1
VeteranXV
Old
252 - 03-30-2013, 06:34 PM
if u guys want to play on a tekkit lite server i have one, email me sdtriber@hotmail.com

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
253 - 03-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Just an update, I took the world folder off and cancelled the server. No one was really on so I decided to cancel it and save some money.

The world folder clocks in around 790MB, so I'm not sure exactly how to distribute it to those who want a copy. PM me any suggestions, because more than a few TW'ers contributed to this little world and I feel they should have a chance to be given a copy of it.

Elantri_X
VeteranXV
Old
254 - 04-10-2013, 02:53 AM
I was on it still quite a bit... I'd love to have a copy of the world so I'd rehost it on my friends server.

You should be able to put it onto a Google account and share it out, i'll pm my gmail account.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
255 - 04-17-2013, 09:16 PM
New Server is up courtesy of Elantri_X. It all looks the same, he took my copy and re-hosted it.

Elantri_X
VeteranXV
Old
256 - 04-18-2013, 06:33 AM
Bit of an update on the new server.

The server is named "TW All-Nighter", I've tried my best to replicate the old server.

I've updated the permissions to match the old server as closely as possible.

The plugins used again were the plugins used on the old server:

Essentials
GroupManager

Feannag, you're a moderator of the server, I have always trusted you to provide a abuse free server.

Only thing I can't restore is the warps as they weren't backed up.

Other then that, let me know if there is any missing plugins (or plugins you'd like on the new server), any tweaks you'd like me to do to the server etc.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
257 - 04-18-2013, 12:05 PM
The map plugin was one I used. The one that allowed you to see a map of the server via web browser. It was handy for finding things and working your way back to previous areas, especially with the warp slate being wiped. It seems home still works though, but yeah I was pretty minimalist on the plugins. Mainly because whenever Bukkit updated it would be a pain in the ass to update everything and then wait for all of it to be updated.

Elantri_X
VeteranXV
Old
258 - 04-18-2013, 03:48 PM
I agree with taking the minimalistic approach on installing plugins too. I'll look into adding the map plugin.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
259 - 04-18-2013, 09:05 PM
yeah it is in the bukkit plugin page as RT-Map or something like that. It simply auto-made a small page from the MC address that shows the map, including who is online and where.

Elantri_X
VeteranXV
Old
260 - 04-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Im using Dynmap, you can access the map of the server from craigwebster.net | this is not the website you are looking for***8230;..

Page 13 of 14

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page TW Server 2.0

Social Website Bullshit