Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page Grimworld 1.8
Page 1 of 2
Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1 - 09-11-2011, 15:33
I mentioned this in the "what servers do you play" thread, but some changes.

I am an admin/OP at grimworld.co, we are starting over with a new map for 1.8. We are also today/tomorrow migrating over to a new server. Server currently runs between 15-20 people at peak with I'd say ~45-50 unique users per week. Current player cap is 20, it will go to 50 once the server migration is done. I'm hoping that if TW people are interested, we can start our own empire in the wilderness.

So when 1.8/bukkit are released, we will have a brand new world with this description:

1.8 World:
- PVP world with non-PVP cities as well as non-PVP areas created by any player (using in game currency)
- iConomy, jobs, marketplaces etc.
- Large 500x500 central capital city with stargates + train station.

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Kore
VeteranX
Old
2 - 09-11-2011, 17:05
Sounds intriguing.

EnergyMan
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 09-11-2011, 17:41
Sounds good. I'd like to hop in every once in awhile once it's set up... energyman2
Thnx.

floorpunching
VeteranX
Old
4 - 09-23-2011, 21:28
Hi, I wanna do this!

Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 09-23-2011, 23:36
We are updated to 1.8, server cap is now 30, hit it for the first time today.

You do not need staff to get started, you will spawn in the central city. Just find the stargate hub and get going

floorpunching
VeteranX
Old
6 - 09-25-2011, 22:29
cool. just registered as Tchousz.

Last edited by floorpunching; 09-25-2011 at 22:51..
^0z^
VeteranX
Old
7 - 09-25-2011, 23:57
Anyone want to work on a TW project, or start a town?

Kore
VeteranX
Old
8 - 09-26-2011, 02:51
Add Spruntos please.

And I'd be down for a TW Town.

Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
9 - 09-27-2011, 22:03
Cool stuff, just pick a location

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 09-28-2011, 03:39
I'd be down as Bujambi, not sure how I'd handle the whole "pvp" thing though. I just like to build stuff.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 10-06-2011, 17:32
The only real "issue" with Grimworld is the general population are significantly younger. Since I finished my house in the SW district and setup a farm outside of the west gate mostly what I hear are the e-equivalents of slap-fights between the kids. Almost always they have no concept of the Residence mod or its commands so they slap on Lockette sign on their stuff and think it is fine. So some clever tike finds they can still break into the house because the space around the house wasn't purchased. Or they trick each other into flagging for PvP, which I never understood. Outside of that they try to get you to move into their town, which is usually population: Them.

It isn't a bad server by any means, but the younger group means you'll have to listen to their mindless whining/bantering in the general chat channel and if you want to make big projects you'll have to bring your own help because I doubt any of the youths would have the attention span necessary to build anything larger than a 5x5x1 building.

Kore
VeteranX
Old
12 - 10-06-2011, 19:06
Agreed. For the most part I ignore the chat, except when it's particularly full and I can't see what I'm doing.

I'm also living in a constant state of paranoia because while I've res protected my area (for the most part) it's only for a couple layers (I'd need millions to properly protect it) so someone could still come along and mess things up. Considering the elementary/high school antics I've seen so far this seems increasingly likely.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 10-07-2011, 00:04
MILLIONS? It's only $1 per block, are you trying to protect fromt he bedrock to the ceiling?

Kore
VeteranX
Old
14 - 10-07-2011, 01:02
Yes. Though even if I just protect 3 layers it's about 200k to cover the area completely. I'm going to just go with the "slowly cover more area over time" approach and hope nothing bad happens in the meantime.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 10-07-2011, 04:14
Crazy. Well I dunno how much longer i'll stay there. Seems the owner's wife is getting nazi over stupid **** in Kiriath. My coworker pt a decorative tree on his house and she cut it down with a sign claiming trees can only be on the ground. He also made a small bridge over the street to connect to buildings he built on two plots he bought, and they cut that out to and said he couldn't do that. Wandering around I found some more signs of her dictating **** to other players.

If they want more players and more mature players they should stop treating the players like they are their own kids.

Kore
VeteranX
Old
16 - 10-07-2011, 04:36
Probably explains why everyone is wandering off into the wilderness and doing their own thing.

Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
17 - 10-07-2011, 20:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
Crazy. Well I dunno how much longer i'll stay there. Seems the owner's wife is getting nazi over stupid **** in Kiriath. My coworker pt a decorative tree on his house and she cut it down with a sign claiming trees can only be on the ground. He also made a small bridge over the street to connect to buildings he built on two plots he bought, and they cut that out to and said he couldn't do that. Wandering around I found some more signs of her dictating **** to other players.

If they want more players and more mature players they should stop treating the players like they are their own kids.
I'm not a fan of the building rules, but I think the best bet is just to build a city out away from all the little kiddies, make a TW party chat and just do our own thing...

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 10-07-2011, 23:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I'm not a fan of the building rules, but I think the best bet is just to build a city out away from all the little kiddies, make a TW party chat and just do our own thing...
May be true, but three of the four gates are pretty much within eyeshot of a huge body of water. And even the north gate has a shore literally out the end. There isn't as much open area as I have seen unless you want to travel day and night, in game-time.

Last edited by Feannag; 10-07-2011 at 23:37..
Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
19 - 10-08-2011, 16:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
May be true, but three of the four gates are pretty much within eyeshot of a huge body of water. And even the north gate has a shore literally out the end. There isn't as much open area as I have seen unless you want to travel day and night, in game-time.
Originally I had wanted to have people build minecarts to the stargates to get to other cities, I mean we could just build in a straight line from one of the stargates underground and after 30 seconds trip you would be in the middle of no where. But assuming you would spend most of your time in the TW town, we could even make it further. I can permanently protect the track if necessary so nobody ****s with it...

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 10-08-2011, 19:27
So time to tell my little story...

Well when my coworker realized the crap that went down with destroying his tree and the bridge between his residences he did a "**** you" maneuver. He had planted a tree up in the sky for a chuckle a week earlier, and it was met with a sign saying no trees in the sky. The tree the owner's wife cut down was the "second warning" on his house because that first one was the first warning I guess.

Well he decided to plant a bunch of trees all over the place before leaving a couple of colorful signs around his place. I had an indirect hand in it by supplying him with as much bonemeal as I could to grow the trees. I figured I wasn't coming back so why not? So I followed him around town while he made sky dirt blocks to plant trees and grow them with bonemeal. He started with his house, and then started to put them around the owner buildings. We both log out for the night after I tag along to watch him plant sky trees everywhere.

The next day I log on to see what happened. Sure enough all his trees are gone and his residence plots were formatted and he was probably banned. So I go around to my house and find something very wrong. When I went to it I called a couple of mods to say something ****ed up my house. upon closer inspection I realize why it is so familiar. As near as I can tell the owner's wife basically "rolled back" my avatar's actions to 24 hours after I joined. So the three or four floors (and glass garden) on my house was completely cut into nothing and my chests were emptied and my bed broken in half.

The mods obviously were trying to investigate and I told them the owner's ***** of a wife did it and "so long and thanks for all the fish" and logged off.

The owner's wife is a complete **** and **** Grimworld. Sorry Yoda, I know you're a mod there and that's cool but I can't play there when that ****-hole puts up all these nazi rules.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page Grimworld 1.8

Social Website Bullshit