Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Racism & TW.
Page 10 of 31
ArchangelX
VeteranXV
Old
181 - 09-09-2011, 22:46
Figures...I'm a mexican raised by white parents. I lived through nothing but racial insensitivity growing up in a small hick town in Texas where racism was a common theme. Perhaps that's why I get wound up about it. I grew up having my friends called spics, ******s, malottos, etc...all while wondering how the hell they were that when I was almost the same color as them.

Yeah, I've known for awhile...racisim is inherent in all things...but people that focus simply on the negatives, that promote hate and bigotry as a way to justify their racism...that's just sad.

Is it wrong to be against abject racism? To be upset by religious extremists? I don't think so...and to be surprised by a severe, adverse reaction to those very topics is a wonder to me. I think it would be expected by most people who are moderate thinkers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller View Post
i'm trying to say i don't get why you keep bringing up the jailbait thread in the thread you made about your concerns about racism on tw, and that normally when a person brings up pedophilia in a conversation that has nothing to do with pedophilia, that person could have daddy issues, or could have been molested, or is a kid-toucher.

or maybe not
Methinks the maybe not route would be less of an affront...to both of us.

Last edited by ArchangelX; 09-09-2011 at 22:49..
Sponsored Links
ArchangelX
VeteranXV
Old
182 - 09-09-2011, 22:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Muktar View Post
you are the worst ****ing type of hypocrite, and believe me I've dealt with a few in my time as a communist activist

you're the sort of hypocrite that can sit and say 'omg how can you classify people by x/y/z, my god that makes you an A/B/C MONSTER!'

free speech is free speech, if you dont like the fact that someone else has the right or opportunity to air their opinions then you are the one that can GIT OUT
LOL...you just put the smackdown on yourself, you know that? You're upset about my apparent use of the freedom of speech so much that you're telling me to leave because I used it?

ROFL...hypocrit...rofl.

And when did I profess to be a promoter of Free Speech on TW? I never even brougth that up in my original post...that was the justification to allow the racist comments (and everything else that goes on TW) by the admin of this site.

It was never my role...

Lobster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
183 - 09-09-2011, 22:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
Damn, Lobster bit hard on that troll bait.
I'm not going to pretend I can tell the difference anymore. The trolling ability of this forum is well beyond my ken

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
184 - 09-09-2011, 22:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelX View Post
LOL...you just put the smackdown on yourself, you know that? You're upset about my apparent use of the freedom of speech so much that you're telling me to leave because I used it?

ROFL...hypocrit...rofl.

And when did I profess to be a promoter of Free Speech on TW? I never even brougth that up in my original post...that was the justification to allow the racist comments (and everything else that goes on TW) by the admin of this site.

It was never my role...
did you actually read what you typed before you hit post

Quote:
You're upset about my apparent use of the freedom of speech so much that you're telling me to leave because I used it?
yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

ArchangelX
VeteranXV
Old
185 - 09-09-2011, 22:56
Did you? What are you so up in arms about? That I dislike racial extremists? Does that bother you?

That I dislike people that hold ill will towards people of a certain color? Because if it does, you can go **** yourself. In that regard, I'm not changing. And if TW is so high up on freedom of speech, then TW will back me on that, because I'm just speaking my mind.

I don't see what you're arguing about...

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
186 - 09-09-2011, 23:00
part of it is that your reply to his post missed about 100% of the point

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
187 - 09-09-2011, 23:00
I don't ever, well rarely ever actually say the word '******.' Even typing it makes me feel ****ty.

I don't like hearing it and find it difficult to say and yet without batting an eye, I'll refer to black people as 'niggas' or 'negros'

Lineage
VeteranXV
Old
188 - 09-09-2011, 23:01
Whole lot of honkies in this thread.

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
189 - 09-09-2011, 23:05
Quote:
Did you? What are you so up in arms about? That I dislike racial extremists? Does that bother you?

That I dislike people that hold ill will towards people of a certain color? Because if it does, you can go **** yourself. In that regard, I'm not changing. And if TW is so high up on freedom of speech, then TW will back me on that, because I'm just speaking my mind.

well, let's take it backwards shall we

Quote:
hmngh I dont even need to start with the idea of who was arguing what

Quote:
And if TW is so high up on freedom of speech, then TW will back me on that, because I'm just speaking my mind.
sure

Quote:
That I dislike people that hold ill will towards people of a certain color? Because if it does, you can go **** yourself. In that regard, I'm not changing.
well, that's certainly constructive

Quote:
if you hate racial extremists so much then you should probably do what I do and be a member of a real life multicultural community that actively fights racism and extremism and prejudice (in all its forms) in real life, rather than get bat**** upset at a forum that is ****ing notorious for being entirely full of middle-aged trolls that know better and kids trying to emulate the same

check yourself, you ****ing idiot, put down the beer, and just enjoy the fact that this is one of the few places that people can actually say the **** that they feel

do you think that the people who have to help quadraplegiacs have sex with eachother (I know a couple) dont go off and drink themselves insensible afterwards? do you think that police officers in a tough district dont want to go off somewhere to say '****ing ******s' ?

grow up

Last edited by Al'Muktar; 09-09-2011 at 23:08..
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
190 - 09-09-2011, 23:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallKiwi View Post
What I like is that we can talk about a topic that is nearly impossible to talk about IRL outside of your closest friends.
Yes, this is the point. But do you blame the white man for his resentment that he can only talk about his opinions to close friends while other races can openly lobby for their races advancement? You can't say that on just any forum, but you can say it here. You have to understand my passion for the unbridled spirit of the Internet when it was just beginning -- when society didn't even understand what it was. Now, as more of the same types of people in society who have demonized certain points of view have invaded the Internet. The same people who cry for equality by demanding their minority (religious, gender, orientation, race) be given advantages. It's completely hypocritical and frankly ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGF1NP-FrCU

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS

Mogs
VeteranXX
Old
191 - 09-09-2011, 23:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sircle

Gr00ve
VeteranXV
Old
192 - 09-09-2011, 23:06
To weigh in: many of TW's high-profile posters are incredibly racist; whether they're serious or doing it in jest, they're still pieces of ****. Although there has always been an element of racism bubbling away here, I think it has definitely become a more salient feature in recent years. It's really distasteful. However, other than abusing the posters who post racist and xenophobic things, banning racist posters without banning homophobic or misogynistic posters as well would be hypocritical. I think it's better that everyone understands TW is a bit of an Internet cesspit and, no matter how much I disagree personally with Rayn's tolerance of it, I come here with full-knowledge of what to expect.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
193 - 09-09-2011, 23:07

ArchangelX
VeteranXV
Old
194 - 09-09-2011, 23:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller View Post
part of it is that your reply to his post missed about 100% of the point
Wrong. As I said, I was never a proponent of absolute free speech on this forum. That was never in my post, so I don't know how I can be called a hypocrite in the explanation he provided.

I don't believe in hate speech...if that's not true freedom of speech, then **** it. I don't come here to read about how ******s and jews are bad, bad people that should all be wiped off the planet. I'm not here because I'm a Freedom of Speech lover. I'm here because I like Tribes, and I enjoy alot of the topics in the GD section. I never came here for this big, existential idea that Rayn promotes. The idea that it'll be anything more than a forum full of racists, idealists, and grumpy old men is laughable. For awhile, everything else about is enjoyable, and to be honest, alot of the threads made me wonder why I ever stopped coming here in the first place.

But then again...now I'm seeing why I did. I'm just not down with seeing people being utterly cruel and full of hate.

Is that why you come here? It's why I said I'll use the ignore button, or I'll leave TW for the people that like that sorta thing.

Freedom of speech is great...it's a fabulous idea. But the idea that I have to see titles like ******S ******S ******S in my daily reading offends me personally.

For those of you that can't understand that...my apologies for not being clear enough.

mandarb
The Real Spiderman++
Old
195 - 09-09-2011, 23:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
Yes, this is the point. But do you blame the white man for his resentment that he can only talk about his opinions to close friends while other races can openly lobby for their races advancement? You can't say that on just any forum, but you can say it here. You have to understand my passion for the unbridled spirit of the Internet when it was just beginning -- when society didn't even understand what it was. Now, as more of the same types of people in society who have demonized certain points of view have invaded the Internet. The same people who cry for equality by demanding their minority (religious, gender, orientation, race) be given advantages. It's completely hypocritical and frankly ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGF1NP-FrCU

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS

****ing jesus, you are just tearing this thread apart lol.

And I think it's anyones right, to hate anyone else, for whatever reason they want. It doesn't mean I have to share a ****ing ice cream float with them at the local Frosty Top though.

RabbitRabbi
Veteran++
Old
196 - 09-09-2011, 23:10
******!!!!! ****!!!!! BEANER!!!!! CHINK!!!! was that so bad?

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
197 - 09-09-2011, 23:10
Quote:

Freedom of speech is great...it's a fabulous idea. But the idea that I have to see titles like ******S ******S ******S in my daily reading offends me
no one's making you.

ArchangelX
VeteranXV
Old
198 - 09-09-2011, 23:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Muktar View Post
if you hate racial extremists so much then you should probably do what I do and be a member of a real life multicultural community that actively fights racism and extremism and prejudice (in all its forms) in real life, rather than get bat**** upset at a forum that is ****ing notorious for being entirely full of middle-aged trolls that know better and kids trying to emulate the same

check yourself, you ****ing idiot, put down the beer, and just enjoy the fact that this is one of the few places that people can actually say the **** that they feel

grow up
After this thread, I feel like I need a beer.

See my above post...I never viewed TW as this mecca of Freedom of Speech. Perhaps it's because I missed the brochure during my time of absence, but TW has always just about a bunch of grumpy people who were "edgy"...not some internet holy land for the freedom of speech lovers.

Now that I know that, it makes a bit more sense...but unfortunately, you failed to notice that I got just that earlier in the thread. How about you read the entire thread before you come raging in screaming about hypocrits?

LOL...so funny.

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
199 - 09-09-2011, 23:14
After perusing this thread, I've come to the conclusion that ArchangelX is a ****ing ******

ArchangelX
VeteranXV
Old
200 - 09-09-2011, 23:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitRabbi View Post
******!!!!! ****!!!!! BEANER!!!!! CHINK!!!! was that so bad?
All about context, my friend.

Page 10 of 31

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Racism & TW.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
*knock knock* housekeeping! , ching chong smarr dong , death to all sand niggers , meximeltdown , nigger jews bad news , stfu beaner , they took my gardener , wetback setback