How much have you spent on this game?

Ickz

Veteran XX
Earlier I was canceling my account and noticed you could view your account history as far as monthly billing and paid services go. Added up the costs and since 2004 and I've spent about $2000. I guess it's actually not bad if you average it per year, which would be about $285 this coming November. Eh.

Monthly billing: $1300

Server transfers: $425

Faction and race changes: $235

:(

Your warrior has way too much parry. Optimal ratio of dodge:parry is 1:1.1, or less due to DR. HtL no longer gives Parry much of an advantage. :)

I played Vanilla to BC for like, what, 3 years? So that's 540 in monthly fees plus the games themselves. I sold my original lvl 70 toon for $180 I think. then just last November I picked it back up again (new toon, so all new games), so that's $140 for the games and almost a full year's subscriptions. One race change, and about $100 in gold (yes, I bought gold because I don't want to spend time farming).

$80 games
$540 monthly
$-180 sold toon
$140 games
$150 monthly since Nov
$100 gold
$20 race change

*shrug* totally worth it.

not sure but i see this game as the best value (time spent vs money spent) out of anything ive ever gotten :x

Haven't done the math and haven't played the game in months, but I'm guessing I'm on the + side after selling accounts etc. I did some botting back in the day.

not sure but i see this game as the best value (time spent vs money spent) out of anything ive ever gotten :x

In the long term it really is. You spend less money than you would from the alternative, which is buying new games as they come out. Given the trend in shorter attention spans SP games are getting shorter and shorter, which means you spend more money for time spent playing. I don't think I have seen games go anywhere near the 20-hour mark, I always hear most games now are usually in the 4 - 8 hour range (or less) and that's just to play the main story. You could stretch it by doing all the optional stuff for trophies/achievements but is that really fun?

I played WoW for so long I skipped out on the late-time of PS2 and really didn't get PS3 until a couple of years ago. I went to Gamestop one time to pick up some games. I bought four games and spent around $130 and three of them were PRE-OWNED. I got maybe a month and a half out of that $130, and in WoW play that could have ended up being a good 9 - 10 months (if you use the 6-month sub plan).

Not praising WoW for it, their development has really gone downhill the past year or two, but in general a good MMO tends to offer more enjoyment for the buck. But I think you need a proper mindset for it, I have a few coworkers to scoff at "paying to play a game" but they'll easily spend three or four times what I pay for six months on WoW and never really see it.

Last edited:
Without taxes

$675 on monthly subscription

$275 on character transfers (damn server hoppers)

I played the shit out of the game when I was subscribed, I got my moneys worth.

I'm most likely at a gain of $3-4k. I sold at the peak of each expansion basically and raided with vodka so I always had the top gear. My rogue netted the most at 1.8k thanks to MarqueeDragon. Some dumb fuck did buy my paladin in Dec of 06 (TBC came out in Jan 07) for $950 though.

I also sold arena points and then would sell the gold to people for like $150-$300 for 10k depending on who the buyer was. That was back in like 08 though.

Quarterly fee since release
4 server xfers (1 round trip and 2 returned to Tichondrius after free xfer, all to play with TW people)
2 race changes, one of which is a toon I haven't played since hitting 85 on it.
Minus what I've made selling gold and other goods/services.

I've probably spent a little more than I've made, but it's money well spent considering the time I've invested in the game.

Back