Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Guild Wars 2
Page 182 of 238
TooL
Veteran²
Old
3621 - 09-08-2012, 01:27
is there anywhere i can buy a digital copy?

Sponsored Links
Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
3622 - 09-08-2012, 02:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIVERANCE View Post
I keep getting these ******s from china trying to log into my account. Like literally 10 new authorization emails a day. It's getting really old.
I thought they had to get your password correct for you to get that notification? Might wanna change your password. My wife has been getting them, but it's because she was hacked before in WoW and she had used the same password for GW2. I made her change it but I haven't looked to see if she's still being spammed.

DELIVERANCE
VeteranXV
Old
3623 - 09-08-2012, 02:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bughead View Post
I thought they had to get your password correct for you to get that notification? Might wanna change your password. My wife has been getting them, but it's because she was hacked before in WoW and she had used the same password for GW2. I made her change it but I haven't looked to see if she's still being spammed.
Just did it again. We'll see if they stop this time.

cerebral
VeteranX
Old
3624 - 09-08-2012, 03:01
Necro is a goddamn beast in WvWvW, and I'm running a constant hard-on while frolicking around murdering people and breaking zergs.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3625 - 09-08-2012, 03:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkivviS View Post
crafting question:

so i collect things, and use the option to store them in my collectibles. then i have stuff that ive made through crafting, or need for crafting, sitting in my bank. when i want spend some time crafting i have to a)make sure i have space in my inventory (not a big deal), and b) take everything for that craft skill out of the bank and out of the collectibles, and then go see what i can craft. then i put it all back.

seems really tedious. i feel like im doing it wrong. am i?
They just changed this 20 minutes ago. You can now craft directly from bank/collectibles.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3626 - 09-08-2012, 04:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkivviS View Post
really? where is that? because i looked for something to that effect
i mean they SHOULD have it

mmelmo:(
VeteranX
Old
3627 - 09-08-2012, 07:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
They just changed this 20 minutes ago. You can now craft directly from bank/collectibles.
aw **** fukn nice

Wren
VeteranXV
Old
3628 - 09-08-2012, 07:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
that's really awesome

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
3629 - 09-08-2012, 09:10
yea i am so glad 2 build new life in guild wars 2 w/ all my craft options

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
3630 - 09-08-2012, 16:08
well the AH crusaders have ruined my day with their undercutting. Made a coat this morning with about 30 silver profit. Made a second one and it didn't sell. Went back to check, and saw that people have just undercut like crazy so that the coat sells for a profit of 3 silver... which is stupid because of the listing fee.

Basically, the AH takes a 5% list fee of the price you ask, up front. When the item sells, the AH takes 10% of your sale. So if you have to relist something because you get undercut by other players you get ****ed.

That coat that is now only worth 3 silver profit? If I have to relist it even once, I'm losing like 9 silver.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
3631 - 09-08-2012, 16:11
People are pretty stupid right now. In the beta events I was making a profit by buying leather scraps, and selling the bags I made. Now people are selling bags for just barely over the cost of the rune of holding to make it.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
3632 - 09-08-2012, 16:15
I'm not sure if people are aware of the 5% listing fee that they'll never get back when they put **** up or not. But the way people are pricing things, I don't see how anyone is making money.

Look at the prices on runes. Most of the ****ty ones are being traded at 1 copper more than the vendor price... which will actually make them less money than the vendor after the 15% cut.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
3633 - 09-08-2012, 16:18
Problem is I don't think people are actually crafting to make a profit, they're crafting to make **** for themselves and to help with leveling so they're probably happy to just get a return, even if it's at a loss, on their investment. I mean, I can't say I haven't done it. I leveled my armorsmithing to around 300 without spending much money. The only money I've spent was to buy the materials I needed for my own armor.

edit: Also I just noticed you can apparently craft things if the materials you need are in your collectibles.

Last edited by SuicideSnowman; 09-08-2012 at 16:20..
Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
3634 - 09-08-2012, 16:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
well the AH crusaders have ruined my day with their undercutting. Made a coat this morning with about 30 silver profit. Made a second one and it didn't sell. Went back to check, and saw that people have just undercut like crazy so that the coat sells for a profit of 3 silver... which is stupid because of the listing fee.
I think partly why all this undercutting is happening because we have a global economy and currency is in short supply. I do not expect this to change. The exception so far has been rare crafting mats and exotic items. But I think I actually prefer this system over the AH in something like WoW, where even a decent weapon or piece of armor ends up being a ridiculous price because people have too much money and there is much less competition. I find it really nice to be able to get on the trading post and buy competitive gear for my level without going broke.

edit: there was an interesting post on reddit I read last night on how the economy is functioning in GW2,

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...annot_make_an/

Last edited by Curious_George; 09-08-2012 at 16:54..
1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
3635 - 09-08-2012, 17:02
welp i hit 80

im gona cool my jets until the 2 week WvW matches start and my guild becomes active in them

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3636 - 09-08-2012, 17:05
u fix your gtx?

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
3637 - 09-08-2012, 17:34
what is there to fix? its some weird ass glitch that a decent amount of people have and no response from EVGA

i dont really mind unplugging/replugging the cable for now but maybe in a week or two ill stop feeling lazy and ship it back to amazon

rootb33r
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
3638 - 09-08-2012, 17:37
I can make 15 slot boxes for 55 silver + 30 platinum, and I can also now make 18-slot boxes for 30 mithril and 2g10s

Those 18's are expensive as hell.

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
3639 - 09-08-2012, 17:38
wat r they sellin for on TP?

i dont know how ppl fill their inventories. i walk around harvesting for like 3 hours and my inv isnt even 1/2 full

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
3640 - 09-08-2012, 17:42
I really don't mind the competitive market, but the gear I was referring to was the 400 LW rares that are the costliest gear to craft. And when I say they sell at a loss, I mean the raw materials needed to craft it sell for more on the market than the finished product.

So as of right now, it feels very pointless to have invested time/money into a craft knowing that farmable mats are worth more than what they make. And at the very least; selling raw mats is completely risk free.

Page 182 of 238

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Guild Wars 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
goshin , happy didn't like ap