Reload this Page [Overrated] Now on Seastone PVP server
Page 2 of 3
Rosencrantz
VeteranX
Old
21 - 07-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durak View Post
fact of the matter is, 6 out of 10 people for those gilded prophecy raids were "leaders". such as accomp... who the **** was that guy? who picked him to be the rogue leader? he didn't know **** about dps builds, there were at least 3 other rogues in the guild including myself who spent hours every week just testing builds, he didn't do ****... was he one of kash's buddies? yeah thats what i thought
Ok, first 5 runs...for tanks we had Shades and Kash geared. Oxy close behind (if not equal by that point) and Horse the best geared out of all the rest...and I guess there was Ike as a rogue tank.

Out of those 5, Shades was barely around due to school. Ike went the very first time and I think the 4th time and promptly wiped us repeatedly by failing to run out of the instant kill ability, which the boss so nicely broadcasted in big letters. We didn't kill a single damn thing that night.

Can't remember if Oxy was around for the rest, but Horse ended up as OT the rest of the way cause he was OT when we finally got our first kill. That's 2 spots taken that can't be filled by the rest of the raid due to either incompetence or absence. (Note: Oxy was the "leader," Horse wasn't even an officer as far as I remember.)

Cleric healers were me, Juro, Mathias, Heavenly, and I think someone else I can't remember cause they never ****ing got on. Heavenly got ****ed by RL and was barely around by that point. Math and Juro split the early runs based on who was on when the raid started. (Note: Juro was the class leader, me and Math were just "raiders"). That's another 2 roles taken that the rest of the raid can't fill.

Mages now, I'll grant you there might be some favoritism here, but Breyer was the guild leader and our regular chloro and no one was gonna ****ing say he can't go. Mousou, the one who was *****ing the loudest next to you, had just switched from cleric to mage and was still getting geared up/learning chloro. But hey, guess who ended up going the most once he got geared. That's another slot taken. Oh yeah, Moose also went first night, so I don't know why he was *****ing then.

Sera went simply cause he ended up as our regular raid bard and no one else ever seemed to express an interest in barding other than Epcot. And that's 6 spots. Tell me, who would YOU have put in those 6 spots and still have a reasonable expectation of downing anything?

Now you might have made a case for Payback, Strat, Accomp and Gundam going the most out of the dps, but not all of them went on every run. Accomp tried to run the 2nd group after we learned the fights. Oxy tried to run on the 2nd group as well. Gundam, I don't remember grouping with again for a GP run after those first few raids. Those are the officers and didn't get to run with the "A" group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durak View Post
biggest bull**** ever by loot greedy leaders. you had a few bosses down the second week the raid opened.
Bro, there are only 4 bosses total in the entire instance. You had your ***** fit on our 3rd GP raid ever...when we had just downed the 2nd boss for the 1st time (or maybe it was the 2nd time) and were in the process of wiping repeatedly on the 3rd boss.

We spent more than an hour the first night without downing anything. An entire raid night downing just one boss (or maybe 2) on the 2nd try. Another whole night downing just 3 on our 3rd. Fourth and last boss didn't even go down until a couple raids later.

As i said, I can't blame anyone for wanting to keep the same group together as much as possible to minimize wipes on the stuff we already beat. After those 5 raids, more and more different dps started switching in, but you were already gone. And the kicker? You raged quit over an instance that's dropped 90% cleric tank loot for us. **** we'll never get to use.

Bottom line, you got impatient and couldn't wait a little for us to make progress and turn this into easy mode for everyone.

Sponsored Links
ScooBySnaCk
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
22 - 07-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Rose who are you in game cause Im not informed

Rosencrantz
VeteranX
Old
23 - 07-18-2011, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
And Breyer did stick his neck out for you time after time. I was there for almost every one of those conversations where we literally had 3-4 of our best raiders ****ing threatening to boycott a Raid if you were involved. Breyer talked them down every time and asked for the benefit of the doubt on your behalf.
Probably every TW guy had to do this for you. As much **** as I gave you in raid chat, you had no ****ing idea how many people I had to talk down in either whispers, party chat or the private channels those early raids when it seemed like half the raid were going "It's me or Durak." I don't even know why the **** they were coming to me, I wasn't a ****ing officer and didn't want to deal with that ****.

I gotta agree with Oxy on Ike. I gave him way more **** than I ever did to you, but he also knew from our party chat that I would be there to pick him up. Half the resist crap that got him raid ready for GS/RoS was from me.

He did quit for another guild, but only after we failed to start a raid like 6 times in a row. Moose and Element left first.

Rilke
VeteranX
Old
24 - 07-18-2011, 02:28 AM
Kold Hard Kash is an *******, but he's not the only one. Not the only locker room cancer in the guild either. I think its an mmo thing. But even if it isn't, Rift seems to attract the archetype of <Great Player/Cancer>. I've seen them on two consecutive servers in two consecutive guilds, whereas in all of my clan experience since 1999, mostly shooters, such egotism, while present, was never projected inward on the team. I think what accounts for the difference is that raiders in a guild are competing against one another as opposed to against the members of other guilds. If true, the prevalent cocksuckerism makes sense, however cancerous. And yet as common as the archetype is the term "imploded guild." Maybe the cancers play a part in that.

Most of the guys in OR are cool tho.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 07-18-2011, 11:32 AM
I'd just like to point out that I just cleared GP for the first time the other night with this new guild. I ran GP ONCE with Overrated's 2nd group and we couldn't get past the 2nd boss due to people dying to the raid mechanics.

Rilke
VeteranX
Old
26 - 07-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Soon enough you'll be able to pug the raids regularly.

Durak
VeteranX
Old
27 - 07-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
Pretty sure you're outnumbered, Durak. But I do have a little sympathy. You were made fun of a lot and the butt of a lot of jokes (that continue to this day). But those things didn't appear out of nowhere for no reason...you were consistently horrible in the beginning, wiping raid after instance after raid to stupid ****. But you did improve and maybe didn't deserve to be treated the way you did near the end there, but what the **** did you expect, instant absolvance after a few decent runs?
I've played with TW members since 2003 in various games, and I know the difference between childish and sometimes anti-social behavior, to being completely mean-spirited and hateful. The BOSS members were very much the latter from what I can tell. I guess Rilke makes a good point, somehow if you are an ******* with no empathy you would actually think you're competing against other members in the guild (for loot, prestige, whatever).

thanks to you breyer and rosen (carla??) sticking your neck out for me, but if that's the kind of people who you chose to merge with, what do you think was going to happen in the end?

seems what you're saying is most of the non-tw people were really pathetic irl nerds who blamed me for everything and made some extremely childish threats?

not sure what to say to that other than i admit i wasn't up to par at the start (as weren't a few other people), but then again i see that you were forced into an impossible position. on one hand you have the best geared people who also had the worst attitudes threatening childishly to quit/not play and on the other you have good, not great players who are dedicated to the game getting **** on every day... of course it's gonna implode in like it did. you think someone with kash's mentality would stick around long and would people want to stick around with him?

sorry for not being good enough i guess for your raids despite i guess being good enough in the end and having a few assholes blame me for everything despite that?? like i said i dont have much to say to that

glad you guys were able to work it out in the end with a new guild, looks like you guys are doing fine again

Last edited by Durak; 07-18-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Rilke
VeteranX
Old
28 - 07-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Another arhetype this game seems to highlight is the human cameleon, or zelig (after the woody allen movie about the same). This person is cool one on one, but adapts to become a cocksucker in the group setting where cocksuckerism rather than rational civility prevails. ****ing zeligs.

Dead Ben
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 07-18-2011, 08:06 PM
You guys got this mmo **** all wrong. You rush to the endgame, clawing, kicking, and screaming all the way there.

You gotta be like me, lazy, unmotivated, and aimless. That **** works. I never fight for raid slots. I have pitiful access to guild banks because I don't know what to even look for. I don't do the most dps or hps because I don't know how to play my class and could care less. Most of the time I don't even know what side I'm on. Defiant? Guardian? Who the **** knows. I just push the glowy buttons.

****, most of the time I just try and manipulate the camera so I can look up the skirts of female characters or count the steps that it takes from Sanctum Porticulum to the Silverwood Porticulum (1,348).

Rilke
VeteranX
Old
30 - 07-19-2011, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Ben View Post
You guys got this mmo **** all wrong. You rush to the endgame, clawing, kicking, and screaming all the way there.

You gotta be like me, lazy, unmotivated, and aimless. That **** works. I never fight for raid slots. I have pitiful access to guild banks because I don't know what to even look for. I don't do the most dps or hps because I don't know how to play my class and could care less. Most of the time I don't even know what side I'm on. Defiant? Guardian? Who the **** knows. I just push the glowy buttons.

****, most of the time I just try and manipulate the camera so I can look up the skirts of female characters or count the steps that it takes from Sanctum Porticulum to the Silverwood Porticulum (1,348).
I don't get off on female toons, but I could not have enjoyed the last few months of rift more. Looking under every rock and being a total newb. The cancers don't seem to be having as much fun. But who knows?

Dead Ben
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 07-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Yeah, that whole post was tongue in cheek but I certainly do not take mmo's seriously even though I play them for hours at a time.

GraphiX
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 07-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Just bought the game yesterday. Installing and updating now. Gonna make a toon on here with you guys, who do I need to hit up for a guild invite?

Rilke
VeteranX
Old
33 - 07-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Vaelos

GraphiX
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 07-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm getting online now, I'll look for him.

Spagooter is my main's name

JohnWayne
VeteranXV
Old
35 - 07-23-2011, 11:31 AM
LOL.

MMO drama.

Durak, shrug it off bro.. it's RIFT. You have to remember. Usually drama like this is caused by a lot of various factors happening. "The perfect storm." Ie. People who try too hard. People who want control. People who have conflicting personalities. Etc. Remember, Tribes was easy because you only needed 10 to roll. MMOs you need more and thus increase the chance of bull**** happening.

Lots of us have been MMOing for years, it is what it is.

Btw, DAoC was the ****. ****ing loved that game.

Just remember this, "Be Positive and Love Your Life"...

GraphiX
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 07-23-2011, 07:01 PM
thanks mom

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
37 - 07-24-2011, 10:27 AM
It's not Overrated anymore, we merged into Dawn of Terror, I haven't been on much lately because of work, and I (Vaelos) can't invite to that guild.

Suckmycrit can invite or maybe Sirsamus if you tell him you're from Overrated, not sure who else, just search in social for Dawn of Terror guild and bug someone.

Also I just heard one of the top guilds on Seastone just split up... if only we had treated Durak like the princess he is maybe we could have avoided the real problems that almost every guild on every server is dealing with in this game.

GraphiX
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 07-24-2011, 10:20 PM
well whatever, i'm still kinda learning the game as i go. just bought the infiltrator soul yesterday!

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 07-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Dawn of Terror had a really clean kill of Greenscale tonight.

Hellsfury
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
40 - 07-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Wow.

I feel left out ... almost like maybe it would have been worth sticking around for all this awesome popcorn drama!

Then again...

nah.

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Rift
Reload this Page [Overrated] Now on Seastone PVP server

Social Website Bullshit