[RELEASE] OPEN CALL 3 MAP PACK

Overwriting a script that could be modified is a bad idea. Say, the user modified their console.cs for whatever reason ...

Overwriting textures is just dumb, and annoying. There's absolutely no reason for it.

There is a reason all the tools exist to avoid doing dumb shit like that.

i agree with the textures somewhat but the console.cs is a minor change, they simply should've included instructions to add lines to console.cs and not just ask to replace :3

Overwriting a script that could be modified is a bad idea. Say, the user modified their console.cs for whatever reason ...

Overwriting textures is just dumb, and annoying. There's absolutely no reason for it.

There is a reason all the tools exist to avoid doing dumb shit like that.

We spent enough time making 8 clientside maps coordinating 5 people's aims, timelines, and work-paces.

I've said before you don't have to overwrite any textures if you don't want to. It's in all-caps in the readme.

If you do want new skies for your world.zips, then install them. It's that simple. Yes it will be for all maps in that world, but so what? I realize we could've done it differently but we ran out of time.

Where's Pureclient?

to jump to the other side of the fence

writing pureclient is a task far more formidable, more significant, and less enjoyable (to do) than open call 3

you weren't fulfilling some community request to make maps, he wasn't under any obligation to write an anticheat for you

people in the community being supportive of your contributions doesn't suddenly make you a hot shot cheatboy

A) it's apparently been almost done/or practically done for weeks now.

B) never claimed i was fulfilling any request, nor trying to suggest he was under obligation to me specifically

C) i'm simply giving an explanation as to why the pack was released the way it was

D) you're much cuter when you're not being antagonizing the 1% of the time.

Oh this is where the grumps went.

This is silly easy.

Swordfish has spent however many hours doing something for the benefit of everyone else (it does him no good to ski around these maps by himself) to try to increase the life of tribes (something I *thought* everyone would be on board with???). He releases it and although people could help make it better, some people (basically Nofix, who btw is still a complete asshole for basically no reason; honestly what is your problem? you need to up the meds bigtime) choose rather to just openly complain about the issues and not offer any help on resolving them.

So Sword gets frustrated and then lashes out back at Nofix who is also in his own way trying to prolong tribes' existence.

Which is altogether retarded because you both want the same thing, yet online forum faggotry has caused you to butt heads which is needless and silly.

Plus you have pro antagonists like poopsayo pushing buttons and something that could be a simple release and update thread gets derailed into exactly what scuzz wants/promised to remove (but how do you cut out the bad when the entire body is infected?).

Sword, you should edit the first post with a nice readme/FAQ describing the issues brought up here and how to fix/skip them. People never read readmes included in downloads but they will come back to this thread first when something doesn't work. The actual maps look wicked; I spent some time on some mini-maps but nothing I would have wanted to include. Thanks for taking the time.

OP updated with information on handling the issues addressed in this thread. Now please, let's ctfd and play tribs.

bread-cross.jpg

i am prty impresse with this map pack but u kno that the comunity does not appreciate good thing like thsi and it is 2 little 2 late 2 save this game from ppl using netset and other cheats

how much work would it take to make mudvania brighter? not everyone wants to use the skies included in the pack (or has skies at all). even then, the default coloring still has the fog and default sky completely black.

at least a lighter gray like it is on con (the way its rendered on 1.40 is somewhat visible) or dayfall. this isn't base, i dont think anyone enjoys having almost no vision except people in their basements running perma iff's

Back