[Overrated] Guild Website by Oxyminoan - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Rift
Reload this Page [Overrated] Guild Website
Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 05-26-2011, 09:27 AM
For those who haven't logged-in in a while, are interested in joining the guild, or just want to keep up with our badassery....we now have an official website for the guild.

Overrated ***8211; Dayblind[G]

Check it out. Members need to signup for the forums. This is going to be our main form of out-of-game communication.

P.S. Greenscale on farm, *****es.

Sponsored Links
FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Contributor
Old
2 - 05-31-2011, 01:15 AM
I'd love to play GW2 with you when it's out Oxy.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 05-31-2011, 11:24 PM
<3

We'll definitely be diving into GW2. Hopefully they'll have a guild beta of some sort.

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
4 - 06-03-2011, 11:05 PM
I wasn't much for guild wars

Anyways, server xfers are coming up... for those of you who rolled elsewhere...

If you play a cleric maybe a mage we could use some players, if it's not working out on your server.

outlaw
VeteranX
Old
5 - 06-07-2011, 10:29 PM
oxy i was gonna start playing again about a month ago then i found out i deploy... leave in 12 days ;(

this is Stah if you dont remember, the warrior that was levelin up with you from the start

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 06-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I remember you, bro. We've lost a bunch of the original crew to real life ****.

Be safe wherever it is you're going.

_Hurley
Veteran++
Old
7 - 06-24-2011, 05:18 AM
Would you guys happen to have much activity during oceanic times?

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 06-26-2011, 09:28 AM
We moved away from the "Oceanic" server onto Seastone.

Our raiding hours are Monday - Wednesday 6 - 10 pm PST

outlaw
VeteranX
Old
9 - 07-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Oxy... I'm no longer deploying. Should I start playing again?

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
10 - 07-01-2011, 05:59 PM
We do need some more people who can raid effectively. What class and level did you leave off at? I can't remember haha

outlaw
VeteranX
Old
11 - 07-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I was like 35-40ish on my warrior, was considering leveling a mage or cleric though. Didn't oxy post up top that you guys moved servers? I don't feel like paying to move, but I can start a new char and level him easily.

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
12 - 07-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Well transfers are free, and we transferred both Blood Eagle and Overrated over, so chars in either guild can transfer over whenever they want.

However we could do with another rogue or cleric, rogue moreso at the moment, but simply a skilled dedicated player who can make our 6pm PST mon-weds raids consistently is what we need regardless of class :b

outlaw
VeteranX
Old
13 - 07-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Hmm... I just got done updating, Warrior is 37, Rogue is 22. Idk which to go with, or if I should start a cleric (I remember a few people in our leveling ground making them look op)

Rosencrantz
VeteranX
Old
14 - 07-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Leveling builds:

Shaman/Sent to lvl 17
Doesn't really matter what the 3rd spec is, could go with druid for a tiny boost in dps if you want or even warden for the instant cast HoT for extra survivability. But shaman/sent is all you need and should be one of the fastest ways to start out.

Glacial Shield when it's up. Bind Healing Breath on something easy to hit like your mouse thumb button or something and just heal with that. There's not much, if anything, that can kill you before that spell refreshes every 8 secs =P

Respec at lvl 18
This is the earliest you can switch to the farming build, but it won't be ideal until lvl 24 when you can get Even Justice for spammable aoe while Soul Drain is on cool down. If Shaman leveling is going fast you might want to wait until lvl 24.

Farming build at lvl 24

How it works:

Every little bit of damage you do will heal you with the Salvation buff up. It's not a whole lot of healing at once, but should be more than enough to keep you up through 2-4 mobs at the same time. Soul Drain with crits is nearly a full heal if you did it on 4 mobs at once.

Every life-based damaging ability you land will give you a conviction (up to 4) that you can use to power instant heal Doctrines. Both Salvation and Doctrine heals are boosted by Mien of Honor.

Vex also heals you for 90% of the damage done, plus another 7.5% from Salvation. Doctrine of Bliss is what you use if you pulled too many for Salvation and Vex to heal while Soul Drain is on CD.

Purpose gives mana back on melee hits when you get low. Aggressive Renewal is extra mana if Purpose isn't enough to keep you topped off. Ageless Ice is the same spell as Purpose when you unlock it in Shaman. Between these 3 you should never be OOM.

Soul Drain is a crazy powerful aoe, but it's point blank around you and only works if you have more than one mob. It does jack **** if you are only killing one target. It does the most damage when you have 4 mobs around you.

Spell Rotation:

You start off by Vexing as many targets as you want to farm (start low until you get the hang of it and know mob abilities. By lvl 50 you might be pulling 5-8 at once). Avoid ranged mobs unless you have something to LoS them around. When they gather around, Soul Drain then Even Justice until they are all dead. If it's just a single mob left, use Strike of Judgment. That's all there is to it.

Farming Build at lvl 50

Doesn't really matter how you get there. Finish the Justicar line first if you want better survivability or go Shaman if you want higher dps. Jolt and Rage of the North are both spells you'll want to get ASAP though and Battle Charge really speeds things up.

Gear should focus on crit and spell power and the highest dps caster 2Hs you can find.

Macros are below. Just delete the ones you don't have yet and keep adding abilities as you unlock them. The 2nd AoE macro is just there if you run into mobs that interrupt a lot or pulled too many to easily Soul Drain without casting knockback.

AoE macro #1:

#show Even Justice
suppressmacrofailures
cast Rage of the North
cast Jolt
cast Glory of the Chosen
cast Fated Blow
cast Soul Drain
cast Strike of the Maelstrom
cast Even Justice

AoE macro #2:

#show Even Justice
suppressmacrofailures
cast Rage of the North
cast Jolt
cast Glory of the Chosen
cast Fated Blow
cast Even Justice

Single target macro:

#show Strike of Judgment
suppressmacrofailures
cast Jolt
cast Glory of the Chosen
cast Fated Blow
cast Sanction Heretic
cast Lightning Hammer
cast Massive Blow
cast Sovereignty
cast Bolt of Radiance
cast Strike of Judgment

Last edited by Rosencrantz; 07-01-2011 at 09:49 PM.
JohnWayne
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 07-05-2011, 07:39 PM
I played and cancelled since all my friends quit.

I have a 37 cleric and like a 45 mage. I used to raid in wow (vanilla to TBC) and I heard there are free server transfers now... whats the scoop?

You need me I might start playing again.. think I still got a month or 2 on my sub.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Rift
Reload this Page [Overrated] Guild Website

Social Website Bullshit