So I'm going to try again, and not suck this time. by kazan - Page 7 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Starcraft 2
Reload this Page So I'm going to try again, and not suck this time.
Page 7 of 29
kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
121 - 06-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius View Post
I can safely say that at bronze level, your understanding for why you do anything in the game is pretty minimal, so you might as well do something that is proven to work.

Just a couple days ago, you posted a shakuras replay where you double extractor tricked, 14 pooled, floated 500 minerals in the opening minutes of the game, and then made 2 spine crawlers in your main. No pro would ever ever ever use this build. You don't have to know why, all you need to know that it is really bad, super easy to correct, and you'll get an enormous advantage using a competent opener compared to what you're doing now.

Zerg Strategy - Liquipedia Starcraft 2 Wiki

At bronze I'd prob suggest you do a 14/14 gas pool then zergling speed in all your match-ups.
SFE just doesn't work well for me. I lose to a lot of cheese and extremely early pressure from it. But in relation to that replay, I was toying around with extractor tricks and what not, and taking too long to expand. I've got a much better opening now, and very rarely deviate from it. It works very well for me, and gives me a solid early econ advantage.
I'm considerably better than I was even a week ago.

14 pool
18 gas
at first 300 floating, expand and push 6-8 lings, begin popping second queen as expo goes down
23 roach warren
typically pop an extra queen drop a few spines at this point because I'm floating minerals a bit
drone up to about 36 drones in my supply, drop another gas and two evos
at 40 two more gas at expo, and pop lair and start upgrades

from there its all depending on what the enemy is doing

Sponsored Links
2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
122 - 06-27-2011, 04:11 PM
ok dark its time u ****ing listen to me. if you drop a roach warren at 23 blindly, i hope the terran comes with 2port banshee and ****s you up. you sound retarded when u list your "build order" - how about you send a drone into the base and look for signs to dictate what YOU build. thats how zerg functions, they are a purely reactionary race for the most part. the drone u can keep alive for a good 5 minutes, and also u can take the second gas to prevent early banshees and pretty much force a reactor hellion build (in which case ur blind roach warren would b great!) But dont play starcraft like the way u r, or ur just gonna fail, especially in the late game... DERP I HAVE 106 SUPPLY WHAT DO I DO NOW? i looked at one of ur replays for 7 minutes, i had to stop watching cause ur mechanics make my brain hurt. Anyway, keep practicing and stop asking questions here cause you are just as bad as the majority of people here as well. good luck

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
123 - 06-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Right. Well, considering I can't send a drone into a walled off base, I'd have to make due with a much slower OL, but I'd see it, and counter it. I'll take the 3 drone opportunity cost in order to be a bit more stable and well defended in the early game.

Also, you're thinking like a top level player. A player at my level would just start pouring in marines/tanks and try to do some poor harass with the banshees if I dropped a hard counter. Seriously, every single time, that is what happens. I've dealt with helions all of 10 times in all the games I've played, and only two of those were they not just quick harass builds looking for a quick hit and maybe an easy win that transitioned into something stupid like mass cruisers/marines or vikings/thors.

But Ima go play now and win until I get pushed up a league finally.

John the Jammer
Veteran++
Old
124 - 06-27-2011, 08:31 PM
what league you in DV?

Ben Dover
VeteranX
Old
125 - 06-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Trolls: Don't feed them.

groundzero
VeteranXV
Old
126 - 06-27-2011, 10:53 PM
if you are getting walled out before you scout...you need to send earlier.

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
127 - 06-28-2011, 07:53 AM
ya send your drone at around 10 supply on 4 player maps and 13-14 on 1v1 maps and you'll get the drone inside, the drone cant be killed until 3 marines come up and if u force 3 marines to kill the extractor that means no reactor hellions are coming.

Ben Dover
VeteranX
Old
128 - 06-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Reactor hellions can still be made quite easily off 1 gas. In fact, reactor hellion expand is a pretty common 1 gas opening. Maybe you meant 2 port banshee?

Julius
VeteranXV
Old
129 - 06-28-2011, 02:00 PM
that's quite a typo

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
130 - 06-28-2011, 02:20 PM
its not due to the gas, its due to him producing 3 marines off 1 rax meaning he never made a reactor on his rax so u dont have to worry about that.

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
131 - 06-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2good@tribes.com View Post
ya send your drone at around 10 supply on 4 player maps and 13-14 on 1v1 maps and you'll get the drone inside, the drone cant be killed until 3 marines come up and if u force 3 marines to kill the extractor that means no reactor hellions are coming.
that runs counter to prior advice of no drone scout until 17+, but sounds better to me

Spanishiwa build practice is working very, very well. Lost a game because I lost focus and he plowed my mineral line a few times, harder than I realized, and ended up getting bottomed out on money, because I didn't re-drone enough, fast enough. Rest have been pretty solid easy wins with me having creep over 30%+ map by about 15 minutes in. At this point I'm really starting to think I belong in low gold or high silver, none of the players I'm up against are really a challenge, the only losses I have are from my complete and utter **** ups that would lose a game no matter what level.

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
132 - 06-29-2011, 07:55 AM
thats why i said dont post questions on forums cause these scrubs cant help you. if you bothered looking at my replays you'd know how to get all the info you need with your initial drone scout. Also, you're gonna realize that everyone below masters is about the same newbie level, you're all retarded and terrible at the game.

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
133 - 06-30-2011, 02:11 AM
you know what I really need, is somebody I can practice against, so that I can actually get feedback and ****. I also need to learn timings, because I'm finding myself getting pushed way harder than I expect at pretty early times a lot.

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
134 - 06-30-2011, 08:10 AM
lol no u just need to learn that u suck and if u are still in bronze after a year u should quit playing

slacker
VeteranXV
Old
135 - 06-30-2011, 12:56 PM
i was in bronze for a while after i started getting a 85% win rate. I figured by the time the win rate dropped to 50% or so, I would get promoted to the proper league. Instead, it stayed around 75% for 30 games until I got bumped to silver. There, it remained at 75% until season 2, where I was placed in to gold. Now in gold, I'm still at 75%. I figured in season 3, ill be plat. In fact, 7 of my last 9 games were vs. plat players, most top 8 in their division.

Side note: I have a second account, and placed plat during qualifications

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
136 - 06-30-2011, 01:10 PM
congrats u r now recognized as one of the worst players who play starcraft 2!

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
137 - 06-30-2011, 09:33 PM
so legit question on the spanishiwa ZvP build: Why does he go banelings so much?

Mojo616
VeteranXV
Old
138 - 07-01-2011, 12:49 PM
baneling bombs against stalker/colo balls is pretty standard zvp these days

also another thing i noticed in your .reps, you never transfer drones from your main to your nat, both reps i saw you had like 35+ drones in your main and 2 in your nat. that is (very) bad.

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
139 - 07-03-2011, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo616 View Post
baneling bombs against stalker/colo balls is pretty standard zvp these days

also another thing i noticed in your .reps, you never transfer drones from your main to your nat, both reps i saw you had like 35+ drones in your main and 2 in your nat. that is (very) bad.
Yeah, fixed that once I started going with the spanishiwa build. The blizzard tips screen always said 3 units to a resource, but apparently its 3 for gas, and 2 for min, who knew?

Also watched a **** ton of his replays and others, plus streams and casts. I'm a lot better for it. Like, a lot, lot better. Once I got the gist of how his build was to be played, and spend probably 4x as much time watching high level builds, I've been rolling through people. Early aggression and Scrap Station or whatever, are my only downfalls. I can't be totally rolled by early aggression either, but that map... **** that map.

Also, 2good was far beyond right, once I had learned a lot of the very basic elements. Watching replays, streams, and casts of really, really good players has helped my game so much I can't even fathom. Of all the learning plateaus and rises I've been on, this is by far the best and strongest streak I've been on. Nobody even comes close to me once I hit 2 saturated bases. It's incredible, micro, proper reactions with units, how to read builds and respond properly. I fully expect to rank to plat or diamond with this.

Mojo616
VeteranXV
Old
140 - 07-03-2011, 07:54 PM
post a recent replay =p

Page 7 of 29

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Starcraft 2
Reload this Page So I'm going to try again, and not suck this time.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
odio is a child rapist , odio is a fucking retard