So I'm going to try again, and not suck this time. by kazan - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Starcraft 2
Reload this Page So I'm going to try again, and not suck this time.
Page 5 of 29
Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
81 - 06-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2good@tribes.com View Post
lul - i guarantee i could 3v1 any of u ****ing scrubs and i dont even play anymore

so sad

u guise mad or what
If we take you up on this and you lose, will you stop posting in the SC2 forum for the next 3 months?

Sponsored Links
2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
82 - 06-16-2011, 08:49 AM
ill make u a deal

3v1 w 50% handicap or
1v1 the best TWer and ill play at 80% handicap

if i lose ill never post here ever again

and opsayo - i move to poker full time

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
83 - 06-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Turned on auto replay save, time for some serious game-reviewing:

Metalopolis (18).SC2Replay - Win

Shakuras Plateau (16).SC2Replay - Win

Metalopolis (17).SC2Replay - Loss

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
84 - 06-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Tal'darim Altar LE (12).SC2Replay - Loss

Not sure where I went wrong, my nat was a little late, and maybe I should have already had a 3rd working. By the time he got in my face, I was way ahead in macro, but I couldn't push units out fast enough to hold him back.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
85 - 06-17-2011, 01:05 PM
You did a LOT of things wrong.

First off, why 8 lings right off the bat? 4 of those should have been 2 drones

Why were you getting so much gas early on if you weren't going to use it? Pull guys off of gas until you need it. It will boost your mineral income and help your throw up an earlier second/saturate.

44/102 supply? Seriously? You burned literally 700 minerals on unnecessary overlords, particularly early on. You should have your nat fully saturated and be floating minerals even with perfect injects by the 8 minute mark.

You didn't really scout that he was still on 1 base pumping tech+upgrades. If you don't mess up your macro at the beginning, you can easily just pump straight units once you get saturated and crush his push.

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
86 - 06-18-2011, 03:43 AM
noted and worked into my play, thank you

macro is now even better, but I feel pretty ****ing exposed for the first six minutes, helps that I can spam 6-7 spines at that point though, and just keep on rolling.

Also, holy **** ultralisks, jesus. I literally just rolled through mass stalkers with a handful of lings to tank for them.

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
87 - 06-19-2011, 05:53 PM
hahahahaha why the **** are u asking questions? you must be literally ****ing retarded to not know why u suck so badly...

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
88 - 06-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Quote:
hahahahaha why the **** are u asking questions? you must be literally ****ing retarded to not know why u suck so badly...
Do me a favor, actually make your next post constructive. Otherwise I'll just pignore you.

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
89 - 06-20-2011, 09:05 AM
i am being constructive, you just dont realize it. How old r u? If u actually take this game seriously (which is looks like u do) you should prob quit now because you'll never be good if u dont know why you're so terrible by now.

I can post replays of me smashing pro's if you'd like to learn to play zerg

groundzero
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 06-20-2011, 10:11 PM
please do

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
91 - 06-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah that would actually be pretty nice

For one, it might back actually let you back up your ****

And for two, we might actually learn something from it

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
92 - 06-21-2011, 08:53 AM
ok ill give you fools some replays when i return from work, who would you like to see? I know I've got a series of games vs TT1 that i saved (lost though)... liquidtyler, gretorp..

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
93 - 06-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Why not all of them?

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
94 - 06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Ok well I'll see what i can find, i didnt save a lot of my games so whatever is in my recent folder ill look.

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
95 - 06-22-2011, 02:58 AM
so... what is a good counter to a fast marine+medivac drop. I had a pretty good number of roaches and slings but they were getting shredded.

e: replay: Shakuras Plateau (26).SC2Replay
I realize that I was slightly late on my lair, and I failed to give a second scout to see what he was up to, but even so, I lost a lot of my original force to a handful of marines and I'm not sure what I should be doing to counter such tactics.

Last edited by kazan; 06-22-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Brad998
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
96 - 06-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Volcanic View Post
so... what is a good counter to a fast marine+medivac drop. I had a pretty good number of roaches and slings but they were getting shredded.

e: replay: Shakuras Plateau (26).SC2Replay
I realize that I was slightly late on my lair, and I failed to give a second scout to see what he was up to, but even so, I lost a lot of my original force to a handful of marines and I'm not sure what I should be doing to counter such tactics.
Pay more attention to the minimap, good creep spread.

Muta shut down drops well if you harass.

Veniggs
VeteranX
Old
97 - 06-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
ok ill give you fools some replays when i return from work, who would you like to see? I know I've got a series of games vs TT1 that i saved (lost though)... liquidtyler, gretorp..

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
98 - 06-22-2011, 10:54 AM
sorry broski, i will do it tonight, i am a busy man nowadays (hence why i cannot dominate this game anymore) which is sad cause this game is so good.

Calx
Veteran++
Old
99 - 06-22-2011, 04:51 PM
i like threads like these. there's not a whole lot of games out there anymore that encourage self-improvement. i'm a master level player and will try to help you whenever i can.

ok, watching the game now, will add in comments as i see them:

1. build order wrong. overlord at 9, not 10. you are supply capping yourself every single opener by going ovl @ 10. the double extractor trick doesn't make up for this. double extractor trick is pretty overrated... best for early hatch or pool with delayed overlord

2. early build doesn't make sense... you have 400 minerals @ 3 minutes in. you built 2 spines as defense, except you had lings already, and an overlord in his base - the overlord saw his reactor building + 2nd rax building = no possible way to have more than 2 or 3 marines by then, there is no threat. no need for 2 spines.

3. giving up map control. terran easily takes the xel naga in the beginning despite having very immobile forces. lings should take the xel naga from anything the terran can afford to send to it early game.

4. you're playing too blind. your terran opponent was not blind. if you watch the replay from his pov, you'll see he can see your base via comsat scan, so he actually has scouting.. but you don't. you need to scout to see what kind of army he has, what kind of tech he has, what kind of defense, etc... the best way to achieve this is to have overlords skirting the outside of his base early on and lings near his front to patrol for marines that come out to snipe overlords.

5. why you lost the fight vs marine drop

5a. his army was bigger, despite it being a drop. typically drops are supposed to be small forces. why? because they require a transport for every few units, so if you guys have equal economy, he should never have a larger army + transports vs your single army. so one, you didn't have enough units. you had more drones and an expansion, but no units. that's not such a big deal though because...

5b. fighting in a tight, movement-restricted area favors marines (especially with medivacs). in small army situations, medivacs thrive on the ability to heal. when they can limit the fighting to a smaller choke area, the medivacs have less to heal. zerg does best fighting infantry by surrounding them. in this type of fight, where you fight is often much more important than what you fight with. the marines got behind your mineral line (tough spot), but you should have ran your drones away to the expansion where they could mine safely, and meanwhile your roaches should be fighting the marines and baiting them out into open ground where the lings can more easily surround them as opposed to streaming in and dying by A-moving your entire army into the waiting and grouped up marines.

====
overall what i would have done differently to win:

1. expand even earlier. you were scared of a nonexistent threat - terran can only harass you early via reapers, multi-rax marine rush (the all-in kind), or a reactor hellion build. your job is to scout which of these he's doing - and if he's doing none, then you have nothing to fear until he builds up an army.

2. scout more often. sacrifice overlords if you have to. had you seen his starport earlier, you should know drops are incoming, and could have army more readily in position. i would also stagger overlords in the air space between his base and yours, to see drops coming in advance. pay attention to the minimap.

3. play aggressively when warranted, play defensively when warranted. you were too defensive early (when no danger was present) and too aggressive (economically) with your expansion when danger WAS present. when terran has lots of infantry at his disposal (he had double reactor raxes), all he needs is dropships to become a mobile threat. this is why scouting starports is crucial - it forces you to be aware of defending all spots, as opposed to just the front of his base. (or yours)

Last edited by Calx; 06-22-2011 at 05:16 PM.
2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
100 - 06-22-2011, 05:09 PM
most masters are terrible (well not terrible, but are not good at all) so you are probably not much better than these scrubs anyway

Page 5 of 29

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Starcraft 2
Reload this Page So I'm going to try again, and not suck this time.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
odio is a child rapist , odio is a fucking retard