So I'm going to try again, and not suck this time. by kazan - Page 15 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Starcraft 2
Reload this Page So I'm going to try again, and not suck this time.
Page 15 of 29
2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
281 - 08-05-2011, 16:27
you can if you want man but im telling you the guys that post and make threads on TL are usually diamond/low masters scrubs who truly believe that they are good. You won't learn anything from them, if thats what ur hoping for when reading TL forums.

Sponsored Links
Calx
Veteran++
Old
282 - 08-05-2011, 16:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2good@tribes.com View Post
you can if you want man but im telling you the guys that post and make threads on TL are usually diamond/low masters scrubs who truly believe that they are good. You won't learn anything from them, if thats what ur hoping for when reading TL forums.
ehh i wasn't hoping for anything, but it was completely different to how i play sc/rts in general... they're extremely timing/build order oriented where i kinda just scout and react... and have generic openers but nothing too specific except with 1 base builds

i learned some technical stuff but yeah i'm not registering or posting there anytime soon. diamond/low master sounds right for the stuff they're posting there

guess ill stick to watching gomtv while i cant play

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
283 - 08-05-2011, 16:48
i guess maybe it could help someone who isn't amazing like myself but to me that **** is useless, i go there to read and troll the losers who waste their time, but get banned shortly after so i gave up on even reading. GomTV is definitely the best for learning how games are supposed to look, and how to properly react to certain situations.

And build orders for zerg are almost non-existent, you should only scout and react accordingly, there are timings that you need to know for the other races so that you can start producing units at the last second. If you stick to build orders, you'll get crushed by so many random things. Example yesterday someone went reactor hellion into 3port banshee no cloak off 1 base, if i had a "build order" that i stuck to, i would have lost easily. Instead i crushed the **** out of him and trolled him until he ignored me via battlenet.

Calx
Veteran++
Old
284 - 08-05-2011, 17:18
even besides zerg i don't like being so rigid

they say it has economic advantages but i feel like i win games all the time specifically because my loser opp is following a BO of some kind and i double starport him

did you play sc1? maybe this mindset just carried over but it seems like sc2 players need their builds and unit compositions fed to them instead of adapting midgame

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
285 - 08-08-2011, 10:01
And that's why they slip so hard on macro because after they have 2 saturated bases, they dont know where to go from there. And it doesn't matter what other scrubs do, you want to take after pros, not after retarded NA scrubs.

Calx
Veteran++
Old
286 - 08-08-2011, 15:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2good@tribes.com View Post
And that's why they slip so hard on macro because after they have 2 saturated bases, they dont know where to go from there. And it doesn't matter what other scrubs do, you want to take after pros, not after retarded NA scrubs.
i don't want to 'take after' anyone, but pros would definitely be better to take notes from than TL yea

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
287 - 08-08-2011, 16:17
i take after pros, but i guess thats why im good?? (was good)

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
288 - 09-27-2011, 00:26
So, to res this thread, I'd like to say that I'm still pretty bad, but getting a lot better, stopped playing for a while, and then jumped back in about two weeks ago, and I'm going even with and occasionally beating high golds/plats and having a few games where I just **** up and lose to a silver because I did something stupid or got distracted.

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
289 - 09-27-2011, 09:09
hey kazan

thats pretty sad that u lose 2 such horrible players ;[

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
290 - 09-27-2011, 10:23
kazan if u r really losing to these guys man, you have a serious serious problem with macro. i mean, i play guys that i feel arent even good (mid-masters) and i generally win due to better macro for the most part. If u have more 'stuff' you should be able to just a-move and win. I'm not saying u should not focus on micro, but at the level youre at, macro is way way more important than anything else.

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
291 - 09-27-2011, 15:34
Nine times out of ten when I lose to a silver, its because I royally ****ed up... like forgot to put down a spawning pool until 24+ supply because I got distracted, and I get pushed by early aggression, or I get blocked in on my first two bases by siege supported by marine+medivac+viking; incidentally, Terran mech play is my worst matchup, because until very recently I've encountered almost none and have no clue on how to really handle it. The vast majority of my Terran experience has been either straight mmm, fast helions into marine+tank, or some sort of poorly transitioning play like fast cloaked banshees, all of which I can handle fairly well.

You are correct however, my macro is lacking but it has greatly, greatly improved, enough so that I don't really have any challenge from silvers (again, barring any major ****ups on my part), and barely any from the low to mid golds I go up against. Another major issue is my tech transition timings, like when do I go mutas when doing ling/bling/muta, when do I go for hive tech, etc; I don't think thats as much an issue at this point, and won't be until I reach plat.

I'll toss a few recent replays up later today.

groundzero
VeteranXV
Old
292 - 09-27-2011, 16:00
i can honestly say ive never forgotten to put down a spawning pool beyond...like 16.

and i play this game high as **** sometimes.

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
293 - 09-27-2011, 16:26
My gf has friends and family constantly coming and going, and a lot of them will stop to ask me **** about computers or other stuff and I'll have to disengage from the game, and I'll end up just spamming out drones and overlords. I've actually gotten away with it more than a few times.

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
294 - 09-27-2011, 16:45
haha ive done that a few times as well, not 24, but about 16-17 supply. its not too bad unless they are proxy 2raxing or something.

If you're saying u losing to tank/marine contains, while ur going 4 mutas, its probably because you are teching to mutas a bit too fast/your economy is not ready for it yet. Its OK to drop the spire when u have 4 gas rolling, but you should not produce any mutas unless you have 6 gas (this is how i feel, i am not pro tho). So against the marine/tank/medivac which 90% of terrans do vs Z, i like to actually focus on 2/2 ling/bane before i even start producing my mutas. this means im focusing way more on my economy (1 gas is all you need until your lair is complete) and because u only have 1 gas, it means youre gonna have tons of minerals to expand earlier than you usually do. i usually drop macro hatch + 3rd at same time and grab all my gasses once thats done. Never have i lost to a marine/tank early 2 base timing cause 2/2 lings/banes r so ****ing good. I am at work and kinda writing all over the place, ill post some replays to show you guys what im talking about. Obviously everyone knows upgrades r good, but its the management of economy (gas intake mainly) that generally defines zerg "build orders"

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
295 - 09-27-2011, 17:55
I see, that makes sense then. Will put it to use.

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
296 - 09-28-2011, 09:38
sooo rusty, i have like bronze mechanics atm

kazan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
297 - 09-29-2011, 04:48
The Shattered Temple (58).SC2Replay

ZvZ, poor guy really didn't stand a chance.

Antiga Shipyard (12).SC2Replay

Smurf account I use to practice my off races and play random, ended up drawing zerg for this, ZvP, much lower quality play on my behalf, I scouted poorly, and slipped on my macro very early on. He managed to get a mothership, a handful of carriers, and some VRs out, while I was still just working into my Lair tech. If he'd gone colossi for his push, I'd probably have lost, despite my attempting to transition to roach/infestor to try and counter it. I do lose my hive to some VRs because my infestors are at his nat later in the match, and I didn't even think to pull my queens to deal with it.
All in all, a pretty grimy, extremely poorly executed match on both our behalves. Opponent was upper-mid gold at the time of this match. My smurf account is left intentionally in bronze.

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
298 - 09-29-2011, 09:26
oh boy, you two should get an award for worst macro and unit control

2good@tribes.com
Veteran++
Old
299 - 09-29-2011, 09:55
its actually so painful to watch that replays kazan

i mean seriously how is it possible to be so terrible, im not even trying 2 troll anymore -i am past that stage

i dont get how you are so fundamentally wrong in almost every aspect of the game yet u play fairly frequently.

Calx
Veteran++
Old
300 - 09-29-2011, 11:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Volcanic View Post
The Shattered Temple (58).SC2Replay

ZvZ, poor guy really didn't stand a chance.

Antiga Shipyard (12).SC2Replay

Smurf account I use to practice my off races and play random, ended up drawing zerg for this, ZvP, much lower quality play on my behalf, I scouted poorly, and slipped on my macro very early on. He managed to get a mothership, a handful of carriers, and some VRs out, while I was still just working into my Lair tech. If he'd gone colossi for his push, I'd probably have lost, despite my attempting to transition to roach/infestor to try and counter it. I do lose my hive to some VRs because my infestors are at his nat later in the match, and I didn't even think to pull my queens to deal with it.
All in all, a pretty grimy, extremely poorly executed match on both our behalves. Opponent was upper-mid gold at the time of this match. My smurf account is left intentionally in bronze.
hit more buttons faster

Page 15 of 29

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Starcraft 2
Reload this Page So I'm going to try again, and not suck this time.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
odio is a child rapist , odio is a fucking retard