Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page psn is down...
Page 3 of 25
Nomad
Cheap Bastard++
Contributor
Old
41 - 04-23-2011, 13:30
Little birdy told me it was collision due to some linkage with the Steam service?
Does PS3 use Steam (for portal i am assuming)?

Sponsored Links
Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 04-23-2011, 13:31
GLaDOS is trying to take over.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 04-23-2011, 13:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Little birdy told me it was collision due to some linkage with the Steam service?
Does PS3 use Steam (for portal i am assuming)?
yes, the ps3 uses steam for portal 2

EagleScream
VeteranX
Old
44 - 04-23-2011, 14:58
...I think sony took the long weekend off

Maniac2099
VeteranX
Old
45 - 04-23-2011, 15:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyElTigre View Post
I don't care if Angelina Jolie hacked their Gibson, it shouldn't cause 3 days of downtime
me and my bro lol'd pretty hard at this

Infiltrat0r
Veteran++
Old
46 - 04-23-2011, 15:34
They better put out some free **** for this. Now for Netflix, all it takes is .1% of persistence. You go to Netflix, push X to login, and it will give you the error message, then the message saying you need to be signed in to use Netflix, then you just push X to login again, and the bars will be moving in the background, and you can see the titles pop up. You may still get the error message but Netflix will be there.

nolt
VeteranXX
Old
47 - 04-23-2011, 16:46
sony let someone see our credit card numbers and they are trying to think of a cute funny way to tell us

bam
VeteranXV
Old
48 - 04-23-2011, 17:08
The smart people only use those PSN cards you get at the store.

LiNK
VeteranX
Old
49 - 04-23-2011, 18:12
I heard that they're going to switch to a pay service similar to xbox live and this "downtime" is so they can implement it... probably BS

Maniac2099
VeteranX
Old
50 - 04-23-2011, 18:22
they ****in would make us pay after all these years of our loyalness

bam
VeteranXV
Old
51 - 04-23-2011, 18:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiNK View Post
I heard that they're going to switch to a pay service similar to xbox live and this "downtime" is so they can implement it... probably BS
Probably? It is. They admitted they got hacked and taken down. They chose to completely turn PSN off until the attacks stop and/or they can figure out how to stop it.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 04-23-2011, 18:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam View Post
Probably? It is. They admitted they got hacked and taken down. They chose to completely turn PSN off until the attacks stop and/or they can figure out how to stop it.
That doesn't really sound legit

bam
VeteranXV
Old
53 - 04-23-2011, 18:52
PSN Hacked ***8211; Sony Finally Admits | PS3Hax Network

Basically they got ****ed and they don't know how to fix it currently.

reZolut
VeteranXV
Old
54 - 04-23-2011, 19:01
at least i can still use netflix

ViRGE
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 04-23-2011, 19:10
It sounds like the early rumors were true then: Sony took down the network once they realized the CFW hackers managed to reprogram their consoles to gain access to the development-only PSNs*, and Sony has no idea how to tell apart dev consoles from hacked consoles.

* The dev-only PSNs are almost exactly like the public PSN, except in place of a payment backend it gives you everything for free...

mjoe
VeteranXX
Old
56 - 04-23-2011, 19:12
why are you posting on ve3d

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
57 - 04-23-2011, 19:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by reZolut View Post
at least i can still use netflix
thisē

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
58 - 04-23-2011, 23:12
Man, i really want to rock some killzone3

i know it's only because i cant but ****

sheeptaur
VeteranX
Old
59 - 04-23-2011, 23:42
made headlines on Time.com

Sony Admits PlayStation Network ***8216;Affected***8217; by External Attackers - Techland - TIME.com
Quote:
Sony claims its PlayStation Network was attacked by unidentified outside forces, and said that it preemptively shut the 70 million subscriber service down.

In his third update since the outage began on Wednesday evening, April 20th, Sony senior director of corporate communications and social media Patrick Seybold wrote on the official PlayStation blog that

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

The reference to ***8220;external intrusion***8221; implies hacking of some sort, but it's unclear yet who's responsible. Hacker group Anonymous, known for recent attempts to bring the PlayStation Network low, posted a note last night titled "For Once We Didn't Do It." The note cites Sony's European PlayStation blog as claiming the network outage may have been the result of "targeted behavior by an outside party." But those words no longer appear in any of the PlayStation EU blog's posts--currently identical to entries posted by Sony's Patrick Seybold to the U.S. version.

Anonymous acknowledges "it could be the case that other Anons have acted by themselves," but says it wasn't an official AnonOps undertaking, that the group "does not take responsibility for whatever has happened," and suggests that Sony "is taking advantage of Anonymous' previous ill-will towards the company to distract users from the fact that the outage is actually an internal problem with the company's servers."

To sum up: The PlayStation Network remains down as we head into the weekend (three days after it went dark Wednesday evening), Sony claims that outage was a voluntary and preemptive move on its part to facilitate a full investigation, and the most likely culprit claims it wasn't officially involved.

We'll keep you apprised of further developments through the weekend.

Related Tags: Anonymous, hackers, outage, playstation, playstation network, ps3, sabotage, Sony

Read more: Sony Admits PlayStation Network ***8216;Affected***8217; by External Attackers - Techland - TIME.com

Jago
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 04-23-2011, 23:43
is it still free?

Page 3 of 25

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page psn is down...

Social Website Bullshit