Super Bored

Game is too linear now with the phasing. You could quite literally prevent opposing factions from quest leveling by putting just a few people in key locations to prekill quest mobs or gank levelers.

TBC was super exciting because they expanded on everything we loved in vanilla.

WotLK was exciting because it was dark, it borrowed heavily from WC3, you got to play as a new class and they matured the game (torturing people, assassinating people, seeing people commit suicide, dealing with consequences etc). They also continued expanding on what we love.

Then cata comes out; we instead of new worlds get revamped old worlds which is 50/50 yay/nay imo, they take the complex thought-out game and cut the learning curve into pieces and the storylines all feel to have taken a major step back.

IMO they perfected the breadcrumb quest design in Wrath and the linear phasing quests in Cata are a huge step down. The worst part of it is the cutscenes and events, which the WoW engine can't do gracefully at all.

They did a fantastic job with the art in WotLK, and there was a huge amount of work to do. They had to develop architectural styles for so many new races, and revamp the existing alliance/horde/forsaken buildings. The zones are all varied and impressive. They really made this ugly, dated game pretty fucking beautiful in WotLK.

howlingfjord_utgarde.jpg

66902d1254834087-wow-grizzly-hills-tile-sets-5-rep-gzz3.jpg

Icecrown.jpg

TheStormPeaks.JPG

But yeah they totally fucked up almost every aspect of gameplay somehow in wrath, and cata hasn't fixed things.

Yeah I don't want to do other shit than raid. But I didn't raid at the start of the expansion so now I don't have a spot anymore. And I cba to find a new guild because my current one is already realm 1st and I cba to realmtransfer because I have a few friends on my current one. So I'm not playing much atm.

I'd either like to start to raid or get into arena again. My teammates quit and now I don't have a team, and no one really wants a holy pally anyway. Hard to find teams for my lesser geared toons because no one wants to play with badly geared people even if they're good. Hopefully the guild finder can find me a raiding guild in 4.1 or something. Probably not, but whatever. Wru swtor and gw2.

I think he put levitate on zeph on the stairs after halfus so when the big fire guy exploded, it sent zeph flying off the map instead of just knocking him back

I think I'd be in tears with all this zeph griefing, i almost want to resub my priest

Does anyone else in the guild find anything more fun than zeph griefing in stk?

If they time it right with the bomb, he wouldn't have time to
This. ALL Zeph griefing is timed perfectly to coincide with shit going on around him. We only mess with him because he can take it. He'll talk shit and yell but deep down inside we know he loves that we make raids fun for everyone. Any other tank would ragequit after the first or 2nd time we pulled something like this, but Zeph's a trooper!

less griefing zeph, moar killing nef

how is he not dead yet
Nobody shows up. I've killed Nef 4-5 times now just not with StK. Plus most of the people in raids are bad and they have to pug 2-4 people every week because like every previous expansion people from Tribes aren't dependable enough to show up once or twice a week.

Nobody shows up. I've killed Nef 4-5 times now just not with StK. Plus most of the people in raids are bad and they have to pug 2-4 people every week because like every previous expansion people from Tribes aren't dependable enough to show up once or twice a week.

This. People show up late if at all. We only raid twice a week for 3 hours, so if one night goes badly, we have enough time to do one instance.

I'm not gonna complain though, I enjoy having free time.

If you guys ever wanted to reform to make a consistent raid group with people that would show up, I would definitely be interested. Tank or dps - maybe even hpal heals.

This. People show up late if at all. We only raid twice a week for 3 hours, so if one night goes badly, we have enough time to do one instance.

I'm not gonna complain though, I enjoy having free time.

you can still kill nef and have plenty of free time. you can easily go 12/12 in 3 hours on 1 night even. if your time is such a concern, spending 4 months and probably collecting every piece of raid loot available minus anything from the last boss because you can't kill it, doesn't seem like a very effective use of time.

the dedication is admirable though!

you can still kill nef and have plenty of free time. you can easily go 12/12 in 3 hours on 1 night even. if your time is such a concern, spending 4 months and probably collecting every piece of raid loot available minus anything from the last boss because you can't kill it, doesn't seem like a very effective use of time.

the dedication is admirable though!
My friday raid with what's left of TC does just that. We clear 12/12 with 1-2 hardmodes or at least attempts (depending on if we start on time) in about 2.5 hours. I haven't raided more than 5-6 hours in a week in a month or more. I've leveled alts and spent far too much time watching NHL playoffs.

On a side note, it sucked clearing ZG Tuesday night and seeing that every fight was different from the level 60 version only to clear ZA last night and find that every fight was almost exactly the same. Even the trash in ZA was the same or very similar, I was hoping for a total revamp like ZG.

I don't give a shit about killing raid bosses anymore. If I show up, and we have enough, we kill some shit, but I can't be bothered to be pissed about performance. The game is a stop-gap to SW:TOR at this point for me. I log on really to just PvP with Roch right now and show up for raids. I literally do it for the people, and the game doesn't really hold my attention anymore.

i quit again back in feb/march. I just dont have the drive to raid :(.

I went back to SC2 and have been playing the Gears of War 3 Beta(till may 15th:()

I'm done w/ MMO's till GW2, i may try SWTOR.

Back