How come we're 6 months into the 2011 fiscal year for gov't by FngrBANG - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How come we're 6 months into the 2011 fiscal year for gov't
Page 3 of 4
Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
41 - 04-08-2011, 14:54
Just so we are clear by the way, the number of continuing resolutions and the date of the final appropriations bill of the set of them (whether they were all rolled into an omnibus appropriations bill or passed separately):

FY 2000: 7 continuing resolutions, public law 11/29/99
FY 2001: 21 continuing resolutions, public law 12/21/00 + supplemental appropriations bill passed 7/24/2001
FY 2002: 8 continuing resolutions, public law 1/10/02 + supplemental appropriations bill passed 8/2/2002
FY 2003: 12 continuing resolutions, public law 02/20/03
FY 2004: 7 continuing resolutions, public law 1/23/04
FY 2005: 3 continuing resolutions, public law 12/08/04 + supplemental appropriations bill 5/11/05
FY 2006: 3 continuing resolutions, public law 12/30/05
FY 2007: 4 continuing resolutions, final continuing resolution funded government for the rest of the year on 2/15/2007
FY 2008: 4 continuing resolutions, public law 12/26/07 + supplemental appropriations bill 6/30/08
FY 2009: budget resolution sent to the president on 6/5/08 which he did not sign, instead continuing resolution was enacted until after the election, public law 3/11/09 + several supplementals (ARRA before the budget + cash for clunkers + defense/international affairs/influenza)
FY 2010: 2 continuing resolutions, public law 12/19/09
FY 2011: 6 continuing resolutions, none enacted (it is worth noting that there were two appropriations bills that made it out of the house and through the senate committee in July of 2010 - but never brought to the floor)

Sponsored Links
FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
42 - 04-08-2011, 15:08
Looks to me like they're ALMOST ALWAYS NOT running as late as you implied they were

just to be clear

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 04-08-2011, 15:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by FngrBANG View Post
Looks to me like they're ALMOST ALWAYS NOT running as late as you implied they were

just to be clear
The fiscal year ends at the end of September.

The last time the government got the appropriations bills in less than THREE MONTHS LATE was while Clinton was still in office.

In 5 of the last 10 years, we have been at least a third of the way through the fiscal year before appropriations bills have been passed.

I will admit I gave slightly the wrong impression as that is only half that were passed january/february or later, but if we include the last week of December - it becomes 7 out of the last 10 appropriations bills. I would count 70% of the appropriations bills as most.

Plus, they cheat half the years anyway as they pass supplemental appropriations bills with 3-5 months left in the fiscal year because they didn't really fund the government for the whole year.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
44 - 04-08-2011, 15:57
NO ABORTIONS FOR ANYONE!

DrMeithos
VeteranX
Old
45 - 04-08-2011, 16:04
Anyone hear Reid's statement? Pretty lol for how retarded it is, but somehow some TWers agree w/ him. "Republicans want to shut down the government because they think there's nothing more important than keeping women from getting cancer screenings." Yeah that's exactly it. muahahaha

Flyersfan
VeteranXX
Old
46 - 04-08-2011, 16:14
Neocons

FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
47 - 04-08-2011, 16:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzak View Post
The fiscal year ends at the end of September.

The last time the government got the appropriations bills in less than THREE MONTHS LATE was while Clinton was still in office.

In 5 of the last 10 years, we have been at least a third of the way through the fiscal year before appropriations bills have been passed.

I will admit I gave slightly the wrong impression as that is only half that were passed january/february or later, but if we include the last week of December - it becomes 7 out of the last 10 appropriations bills. I would count 70% of the appropriations bills as most.

Plus, they cheat half the years anyway as they pass supplemental appropriations bills with 3-5 months left in the fiscal year because they didn't really fund the government for the whole year.
Welll...well...

WELL F*CK THOSE @SSHOLES!

yeah...

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
48 - 04-08-2011, 16:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMeithos View Post
Anyone hear Reid's statement? Pretty lol for how retarded it is, but somehow some TWers agree w/ him. "Republicans want to shut down the government because they think there's nothing more important than keeping women from getting cancer screenings." Yeah that's exactly it. muahahaha
They don't give a **** about those women either way, they're just trying to tack bull**** on so they can brag to their constituents about shutting down planned parenthood.

FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
49 - 04-08-2011, 17:00
Republicans want to kill people! They want to give them cancer! They want to starve them!

Mr. Obama told them to be civil, but NOOOOOOOOO!

Swensonator
VeteranX
Old
50 - 04-08-2011, 18:25
Quote:
Republicans want to kill people!
Pretty much. We've got death panels in AZ.

The military needs severe reduction and needs to be streamlined. We sunk how many billions of dollars into the Comanche project? How many stalled projects to replace our aging tankers? It's ridiculous how much money is wasted by the DoD.

The tax code needs a severe overhaul as well. The top earners in this country have not paid what they actually owe in taxes in decades due to loopholes.

Jobs need to be brought back more than anything. That's taxable revenue to help support the govt. There needs to be an incentive to start businesses and keep businesses here and penalties for ripping off foreign workers.

DrMeithos
VeteranX
Old
51 - 04-08-2011, 19:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
They don't give a **** about those women either way, they're just trying to tack bull**** on so they can brag to their constituents about shutting down planned parenthood.
"Don't care"? I want women to die from cancer, just like Harry Reid said. It's all part of of the vast right wing conspiracy. muyahahaa

FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
52 - 04-08-2011, 19:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swensonator View Post
Pretty much. We've got death panels in AZ.
Hey, blame Obama and his lawyer pals for thinking that one up. How can you fault other lawyers for running with that idea?
Quote:
The military needs severe reduction and needs to be streamlined. We sunk how many billions of dollars into the Comanche project? How many stalled projects to replace our aging tankers? It's ridiculous how much money is wasted by the DoD.
Oh contraire! Look at all the sweet gaming sims we have because of it!
Quote:
The tax code needs a severe overhaul as well. The top earners in this country have not paid what they actually owe in taxes in decades due to loopholes.
Not to mention that the bottom-most earners haven't paid anything for nearly a century!
Quote:
Jobs need to be brought back more than anything. That's taxable revenue to help support the govt. There needs to be an incentive to start businesses and keep businesses here and penalties for ripping off foreign workers.
I like how you're concerned with the support of government. Maybe more government jobs is the solution. Yeah. Then maybe they can go tax themselves! Oh wow, I think you've solved the problem Swen!

gj

Swensonator
VeteranX
Old
53 - 04-08-2011, 19:39
Quote:
Hey, blame Obama and his lawyer pals for thinking that one up. How can you fault other lawyers for running with that idea?
You're a ****ing idiot. You can thank our republican governor for that one.

Quote:
Oh contraire! Look at all the sweet gaming sims we have because of it!
The defense budget takes up more than social security, since we dont have any kind of specific tax to help support it like medicare and SS.

Quote:
Not to mention that the bottom-most earners haven't paid anything for nearly a century!
Got any numbers to support that bull****? I pay every paycheck, where as CEO's are paid in non taxable stock bonuses.

Quote:
I like how you're concerned with the support of government. Maybe more government jobs is the solution. Yeah. Then maybe they can go tax themselves! Oh wow, I think you've solved the problem Swen!
Again, you're a complete ****ing moron. This isnt a surprise though. More domestic jobs is more taxable income instead of sitting around collecting Unemployment.

Stuttrboy
VeteranX
Old
54 - 04-08-2011, 20:06
As far as people preaching fiscal responsibility it cost us more money to shut down the government the last time than it would have if they had come to a consensus.

Also 30ish billion in cuts is the biggest cut in spending in pretty much ever. Every year the budget goes up, so I think cutting as much as is on the table is probably more fiscally responsible than letting it shut down. Dem's already consented to the Rep's original request. Let's just get it done and work on cutting more next year.

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
55 - 04-08-2011, 20:15
Bush's Budget Blunders - A Look Back at Bush's Economic Missteps - TIME

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
56 - 04-08-2011, 21:02
And Obama has made Bush look cheap.

NightTrain
VeteranXX
Old
57 - 04-08-2011, 22:26
Dear Uncle Sam,

Last year I was unable to meet my budgetary obligations and this year, I didn't even manage to decide on a budget. As a result, I will have to shutdown my bank account until I can properly prioritize my needs and ability to pay. Until that time, I must regrettably inform you that I will be unable to pay my taxes. I'm certain you can and will understand.

PS: GFY

DrMeithos
VeteranX
Old
58 - 04-08-2011, 22:31
bro you don't need a budget. Just get a loan and ****in go crazy.

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
59 - 04-08-2011, 23:06
Quote:
What has Obama been doing? WTF was Congress doing prior to the 2010 elections?
Such a ****ing idiot.

The Senate GOP has, from 2008 to present, obstructed every progressive bill that the Dems have put forward. Their abuse of the filibuster is unprecedented, and their game plan is designed to bring the country to its knees in order to give themselves a chance in 2012.

It's so absolutely transparent, yet you ****ing Republitards support their abhorrent tactics tooth and nail. I will never understand it. I support some Republican ideals myself, but they never walk the walk if you examine the evidence.

My only problem with Obama is that he has been a pushover for Republicans. He has never stood firm and said "enough is enough". His public accusations against the GOP seem to fall on deaf ears because few people care enough about politics to learn the facts.

Here's the Republican strategy since at least 2000:

-Make false accusations and misrepresentations to garner public support for unpopular legislation.
-Make Democrats prove them wrong.

And since 2008:

-All of the above
-Filibuster every bill in the Senate despite a +/- 16-vote deficit.

The "burden of proof" is seemingly always on the Democrats' shoulders, and they have always, ALWAYS been terrible at convincing the public that their policy is in the general interest of the public. I would be the first person in line at the polls to vote for welfare reform, Section 8 reform, etc; but I know our tax dollars would have been better spent if Democrats had been in control of Washington for a greater period of time since the '70s.

The only silver lining to me is that much of the Republican base will be dying off over the next 10-25 years. WW2 generation won't last much longer, and the baby boomers shouldn't be too too far behind. My retard generation will be in power and hopefully have a little more sense about keeping the US relevant before it's too late.

/wall of text

Last edited by aScotiA; 04-09-2011 at 10:51..
Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
60 - 04-08-2011, 23:08
Remember when Republicans tried to abolish the filibuster?

We all should've just let them.

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How come we're 6 months into the 2011 fiscal year for gov't

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
drunken moron