So, since RealUI is dying...

kazan

Veteran XX
what other UIs would you guys recommend.

I really like RealUI, but within the next few patches, I'm pretty certain it will become less useful at best, unusable at worst.

Do tell, because I like the small footprint and very open screenspace RealUI and am looking for something similar that will work for most, if not all classes. But if it really comes down to it, mage/rogue are the two must have classes.

Just saw the author's posts on Wowinterface. I'll be sad if RealUI stops being developed, but I suspect anything that 'breaks' with 4.1 will be fixed by respective addon authors, not necessarily the UI author himself

Hopefully the community keeps it working, one way or the other

http://wow-lui.com/

It installs itself. Only changes I made was anchoring tooltip to cursor, and disabling party frames (since Grid is enough). And I did disable the buffs shown over player unit frame, and slapped rogue power bars there. Only annoying bug atm is that Recount is misplaced with 1280x1024 resolution, but I never keep it open anyways.

Last edited:

It installs itself. Only changes I made was anchoring tooltip to cursor, and disabling party frames (since Grid is enough). And I did disable the buffs shown over player unit frame, and slapped rogue power bars there. Only annoying bug atm is that Recount is misplaced with 1280x1024 resolution, but I never keep it open anyways.

Never seen that before, looks pretty slick. What addons are included?

I've suggested this time and time again, and still highly recommend it. I've turned pretty much everyone I played with to it, and they never looked back. Very minimal, extremely lightweight, and has skinning support for most commonly used addons that aren't included. (Such as Omen, Skada, etc)

Try it.

I just reinstalled WoW on 2 pc's in the last month and LUI is great. I'm not a big fan of the unit frames (though I love the cleanliness) and I'll most likely remove and replace both Grid and Recount/Skada with the standard non-LUI versions because they're more functional than LUI's versions for a slightly worse look to the UI. I spent about 10 minutes configuring Fortexorcist for my caster toons, anchoring the tooltip to the mouse and binding spells with clique/bt4 and everything was set.

I wish I knew how to skin because I've always loved Xperl's unit frames with health/mana/rage/energy values and colors so I'm still getting used to only seeing a small white mana bar and large gray player health (and target) bar. I also miss having enemy castbars from XPerl, I used to almost never miss a cast or dispellable debuff on a mob but I'm guessing I'll get used to it.

Wow, lui looks pretty sick.

Right now I'm just using SUF and Bartender to customize my screen. In terms of unit-frame placement, lui is identical to my set-up, but looks cooler.

This may be a dumb question, but does a UI like that take more more system resources than a couple of add-ons like Bartender and SUF? I play on a laptop (granted it's a decent laptop where I can play on mostly-high settings), but I definitely want to watch my resource usage.

Back