1.4 disc explosion for 1.3

whitewhale1

Veteran-4
hey dudes

ok most of this is done, dts working, crc replacements loaded etc (huge thx Krogoth of TV conversion)....just trying to get a decent version of the disc00-disc27 files

the pngs from 1.4 have black crap around them that im guessing is some kinda alpha channel info, but gimp, photoshop etc doesnt read it right and so it looks terrible

to me this explosion looks alot like the t2 disc explosion (heresy i know, but multiple events triggered with the big blue areas radiating)

can anyone give me some loving/direction on getting this thing working i am 90% there....just need the full explosion in a format that can be converted into tgas.

thx :)

I don't wanna give you the skins personally, but heres a tip. go to the color select and click on the black area of the exposion and then use the color range tool by right clicking on the picture. Use the fuzziness slider for desired effect and then press delete to remove the black areas. if there are white edges do the same for that as well. You can also manipulate color schemes with the color range option but its a little trickier. I would also recommend doing it by batching on photoshop. Don't use gimp use photoshop cs3 extended and higher.

thx mate ill try that

only thing im concerned about is the explosion looks alot yellower and brighter in 1.4 (and doesnt have black crap around it)...im guessing there is an alpha channel giving additional info that isnt getting opened correctly by photoshop

but ill try this method and see how i go

Back