Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Rift
Reload this Page Warrior Builds
Page 2 of 2
Flowen
VeteranX
Old
21 - 03-25-2011, 01:08 AM
huge buffs to paragon, might be interesting to make a champ/paragon build now.

Sponsored Links
PessimiStick
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
22 - 03-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
Forgive my ignorance here as I haven't hit 50 yet, but at the end of a boss fight, does the Sab spec out damage/dps the warrior including the movement he has to do?
No. Also, Sab is a melee spec.

[meph]DarkDonut
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
23 - 04-04-2011, 02:30 AM
post 1.1 dps spec:

Soul Tree Calculator: Champion (27) / Beastmaster (24) / Paragon (15) :: Rift :: ZAM

Some macros I use:

Single Target

#show Path of the Wind
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Path of the Wind
cast Debilitating Strike
cast Fierce Strike
cast Frenzied Strike
cast Flinching Strike
cast Turn the Blade
cast Inescapable Fury
suppressmacrofailures

AoE

#show Mighty Blow
cast Slashing Strike
cast Mighty Blow

AoE/Finisher

#show Deathblow
cast Proper Timing
cast Deathblow
cast Bladefury
cast Punishing Blow
suppressmacrofailures

Keep SLI and Tearing Strike up, use Finishers when you have both on CD and SLI isn't up for at least 2-3 seconds.

I also have a macro for Tearing Strike

#show Tearing Strike
cast Proper Timing
cast Tearing Strike

So far I haven't messed with any of the bleeds and I didn't take Backhanded Blow. So this spec/rotation may have better variations than what I'm using atm.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 04-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Why no Follow Through? You're severely hampering your AoE damage potential without it.

Otherwise, that's pretty much what I run for DPS. Flesh Rip is also nice for some extra damage over time, though I feel it should be off the GCD.

[meph]DarkDonut
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
25 - 04-08-2011, 05:10 AM
If it were off the GCD it'd be worth it but in every parse I do with it I lose dps.

I've since changed this spec to get Bull Rush in combat and also dropped the 1% 2h hit as I'm over cap without it.

I'm gonna try some other combos but right now its between taking 2 points out of Weapon Master for 3/3 Perfect Timing. I tried it last night and parsed 900+ on the boss dummy but not having the Weapon Master procs makes me feel like I can't keep up my rotation.

In raid it will probably be a different story since the buffs help me get energy back faster I guess?

I agree Follow Through is good for aoe but I would rather focus more on higher single point dmg.

Soul Tree Calculator: Champion (29) / Beastmaster (24) / Paragon (13) :: Rift :: ZAM

That's what I am trying atm.

SirLaggalot
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 04-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Rift/Reaver was the most fun I've had in this game and that was an alt. Havent played my warrior since they killed it but ill have to try some of the builds posted here.

[meph]DarkDonut
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
27 - 04-08-2011, 03:12 PM
There's no more good self healing from Reaver so you don't feel invincible anymore :/

RB/Pala/Para is pretty good though for defensive dps type play, the specs i posted out dps it by a factor of 3-5x though.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 04-10-2011, 10:44 PM
New Tanking Builds:
Main all-around build
Soul Tree Calculator: Void Knight (28) / Paladin (21) / Warlord (17) :: Rift :: ZAM

Experimental Palagon Build
(especially effective against melee heavy trash and bosses and when knockbacks are an issue)
Soul Tree Calculator: Warlord (24) / Paladin (21) / Paragon (21) :: Rift :: ZAM

My general opinion about Paladin is that the talents above Unyielding Defense are absolutely worthless, with the exception of Shield of the Chosen.
If they ever fix Balance of Power to not have an internal cooldown it might be worth it, but as it stands now, the talent is a complete waste. Talk about overnerfing...they halved the damage it did AND put it on a 1.5 second internal cooldown.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 04-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Been playing with a Riftadin build for solo pve and PvP. I ****ing love it. Has great utility, virtual CC immunity, and ranged and burst potential, all in a defensive package.
Soul Tree Calculator: Riftblade (38) / Paladin (20) / Paragon (8) :: Rift :: ZAM

Short video of me dicking around in solo pve. No idea if it's even good, just started recording and stopped a minute later. Trying out the Youtube video option. Whatever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLIkSdKwk9c

Spec in the video is before I refined it. I'm thinking it'll be doing slightly better dps with the new version.

Last edited by Oxyminoan; 04-12-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Breyer
VeteranX
Old
30 - 04-13-2011, 04:45 PM
wow talk to me about spiritweave bags you fag

Rosencrantz
VeteranX
Old
31 - 04-24-2011, 04:59 AM
The Disparity of Riftstalkers Relative to Other Tanks

Worth a read to smooth progression on GS and RoS.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 04-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Yep. I'm thinking of rolling a rogue specifically for tanking.

Maybe the VK changes in the next patch will help, but I doubt it. Changing the timers on the AoE taunts is ****ing horrible, though.

Gersh is ****ing killing this game just like he killed Warhammer. How do clowns like him find jobs?

[meph]DarkDonut
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
33 - 04-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Soul Tree Calculator: Champion (30) / Beastmaster (24) / Paragon (12) :: Rift :: ZAM

This is the build I'm using now, based on Spike's build from UR. It's very simple since I no longer have Weapon Master I can keep SLI up more consistantly without having to waste AP while it comes off of CD. Overall its working really well for me.

Here's the macro I use atm:

#show Power Strike
suppressmacrofailures
petcast bite
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Path of the Wind
cast Power Strike
cast Frenzied Strike
cast Flinching Strike
cast Turn the Blade
cast Inescapable Fury

#show Deathblow
cast Deathblow
cast Tearing Slash

I use Proper Timing and SLI outside of macros to keep better control on them.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 04-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Good read on Warrior Raid tanking:
Ciderhelm's Tips for Raid Tanking Warriors (Greenscale/Herald/Plutonus)

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Rift
Reload this Page Warrior Builds

Social Website Bullshit