Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Rift
Reload this Page Warrior Builds
Page 1 of 2
Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 03-18-2011, 03:03 AM
I've had a few people asking about my specs lately. Figured I'd post them on here for discussion/critiques.

Ranged DPS - Been using this one a lot, unfortunately...75% of expert bosses aren't friendly to melee)
Soul Tree Calculator: Riftblade (51) / Champion (11) / Reaver (4) :: Rift :: ZAM

Physical Tank - Love this build. Has plenty of aoe aggro and physical mitigation. With the VK 10 pact buffs up I have over 13k armor and 53ish Block %. And Impassible Guard is just .
Soul Tree Calculator: Paladin (44) / Void Knight (18) / Warlord (4) :: Rift :: ZAM

AoE/Farming/Solo/All-Around Badass - My favorite spec and one I've been pimping since Beta. Great survivability and AoE Damage. Can easily take 10 mobs or 2-3 bad players at once. This is my go-to spec.
Soul Tree Calculator: Riftblade (35) / Reaver (31) / Paladin (0) :: Rift :: ZAM

PvE Melee DPS - Can't say enough good things about this. Massive single target damage and DPS with great AoE. Being so reliant on the cat is a pain in the ass, but the damage difference between this build and other melee dps builds I've tried makes it more than worth it.
Soul Tree Calculator: Champion (33) / Beastmaster (26) / Riftblade (7) :: Rift :: ZAM

Anyway, there you go. That's what I'm rocking this week. I may end up dropping one of the dps specs for a magic tanking build as I move into T2s, but we'll see.

Sponsored Links
styr
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 03-18-2011, 08:12 PM
lets see, plate armor, highest hp in the game, top pve dps spec in the game currently

hope you get nerfed into the ground, enjoy your op while it lasts

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 03-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
lets see, plate armor that doesn't mean **** when highend leather has about 400 less total armor, highest hp in the game when in tank spec, and even then can be rivaled by Riftstalkers and topped by Archon/Warlock/Chloros, top pve dps spec in the game currently which requires them to be in melee range and reliant on a cat on a 10 second cast with retarded AI who likes to run into cleaves...

hope you get nerfed into the ground, enjoy your op while it lasts

P.S. I haven't actually played the game past level 20. I just regurgitate the whining I see on the Rift forums.
Fixed.

I changed my tank spec last night for T2s. Worked well and I'm in love with Sergeant's Order.
Soul Tree Calculator: Paladin (44) / Reaver (11) / Warlord (11) :: Rift :: ZAM

styr
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 03-19-2011, 09:51 PM
yeah, because i don't have a 50 or anything and dont do dps parses with the warriors in my guild in our instance runs, never ever. wow you got me. the fact you have to say im level 20 really shows you have zero argument what so ever for the large discrepancy dps warriors maintain over every other dps calling.

warriors doing 300+ more dps than one of the top rogue builds is a bit much, not so sure about mages but i assume they can not do 1k+ single target, but keep justifying it however you can. you will be brought in line

--chaingun
VeteranX
Old
5 - 03-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't play this game, but I've always wondered why people give a **** and get so enraged about PvE DPS. The bosses still die...it's not like you're getting killed because something is OP. I mean I could understand being mad that YOUR class doesn't do any damage, but crying about someone else doing too much seems ridiculous.

What a silly animal the PvEr is.

Last edited by --chaingun; 03-19-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 03-20-2011, 01:51 AM
Let me guess, Styr, you're that rogue who's being outdpsed.

I think its funny when players call for nerfs instead of asking for their own classes to be brought up to par. Let me guess again, you were a huge WoW player.

I think I made my argument pretty clear in my post. Sure, in a strict tank and spank BMs put out massive DPS, but how many fights in experts (expecially T2) are that simple and/or melee friendly? How many boss fights does your warrior lose his cat due to it being retarded and running out in front of cleaves or into other AoEs (and no, the damage reduction is nowhere near enough unless you go 51 into BM which would cut your DPS in half)?

How much more damage does your Ranged DPS spec (yes, I'm still assuming you're a rogue) do compared to Riftblade (a warrior's ONLY ranged soul)? I'm guessing it's somewhere between 200-300 dps more.

A nerf to BMs wouldn't hurt me, really. I've moved into a full on tanking role in the guild as we're moving into T2. It would, however, hurt my guild and my group. Things need to be considered with a little perspective. The only perspective you seem to have is "omg, he did more DPS than me...nerf nerf nerf"

Get over yourself, dude.

Last edited by Oxyminoan; 03-20-2011 at 01:53 AM.
CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
7 - 03-20-2011, 02:40 AM
my tank spec - Soul Tree Calculator: Paladin (51) / Reaver (10) / Void Knight (5) :: Rift :: ZAM

Yeah "I hope you get nerfed" is a carebear cry if I ever heard one.

Last edited by CelticMojo; 03-20-2011 at 03:22 AM.
PessimiStick
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
8 - 03-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
Let me guess, Styr, you're that rogue who's being outdpsed.

I think its funny when players call for nerfs instead of asking for their own classes to be brought up to par. Let me guess again, you were a huge WoW player.

I think I made my argument pretty clear in my post. Sure, in a strict tank and spank BMs put out massive DPS, but how many fights in experts (expecially T2) are that simple and/or melee friendly? How many boss fights does your warrior lose his cat due to it being retarded and running out in front of cleaves or into other AoEs (and no, the damage reduction is nowhere near enough unless you go 51 into BM which would cut your DPS in half)?

How much more damage does your Ranged DPS spec (yes, I'm still assuming you're a rogue) do compared to Riftblade (a warrior's ONLY ranged soul)? I'm guessing it's somewhere between 200-300 dps more.

A nerf to BMs wouldn't hurt me, really. I've moved into a full on tanking role in the guild as we're moving into T2. It would, however, hurt my guild and my group. Things need to be considered with a little perspective. The only perspective you seem to have is "omg, he did more DPS than me...nerf nerf nerf"

Get over yourself, dude.
None of this changes the fact that Champ/BM is OP. It's a significant amount stronger than any other spec. It's unlikely that it remains that way.

styr
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 03-20-2011, 12:34 PM
i wouldnt care so much that warriors are on top pve-wise if you didn't outdistance every other dps by 300+, which is a huge margin over every other spec

melee rogues do less damage than ranged rogues, which is quite sad considering my rogue can only hit ~700 dps with sab

Flowen
VeteranX
Old
10 - 03-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
None of this changes the fact that Champ/BM is OP. It's a significant amount stronger than any other spec. It's unlikely that it remains that way.
pretty sure assassin/sab is the highest dps in the game right now. At least until they nerf the fact that charges count as poison and receive bonus damage from assassin talents.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 03-20-2011, 07:11 PM
I'll be on board with BM nerfs when/if they raise Riftblade DPS.

What's the point of having the highest DPS in the game if, in 75% of boss encounters you have to switch off to a ranged soul that does half the DPS?

styr
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 03-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowen View Post
pretty sure assassin/sab is the highest dps in the game right now. At least until they nerf the fact that charges count as poison and receive bonus damage from assassin talents.
sabs do pretty good AoE for only spamming booby trap, second only to stormcaller, and it is unfortunate that the sab/assassin/nightblade spec is also is our highest dps single target (when it should be a melee spec), and i agree it should be changed - one spec should not be the best for everything. i'm all for buffs to riftblade if it makes you more competitive for ranged phases, but there aren't any competitive melee specs for rogues to begin with, and it really blows tbh being pigeonholed into one spec, regardless of class. i suppose every class has this problem though

the sab/asn/nb spec however only parses 700-750+ unbuffed in a mix of tier1/tier2 gear whereas similarly geared bm/champs parse 1k-1.1k using the same unbuffed conditions on a dummy.

i have 0 options, melee or otherwise to even approach the kind of dps bm/champs have. i guess i always have bard spec!

PessimiStick
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
13 - 03-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowen View Post
It's the best rogue spec, but it gets stomped by Champ/BM.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 03-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Quote:

the sab/asn/nb spec however only parses 700-750+ unbuffed in a mix of tier1/tier2 gear whereas similarly geared bm/champs parse 1k-1.1k using the same unbuffed conditions on a dummy.
Difference is that a sab can sustain that DPS through all the mechanics of a fight, whereas warriors have to either runout during AoEs or try and eat them and become a burden to the healers.

Goofy
VeteranX
Old
15 - 03-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Difference is that a sab can sustain that DPS through all the mechanics of a fight, whereas warriors have to either runout during AoEs or try and eat them and become a burden to the healers.
Forgive my ignorance here as I haven't hit 50 yet, but at the end of a boss fight, does the Sab spec out damage/dps the warrior including the movement he has to do?

Hellsfury
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
16 - 03-21-2011, 05:57 AM
Why... are we attacking each other for being good at building specs that best utilize the math involved... I mean... isn't that what MMORPG's ultimately come down to ? Running numbers... spreadsheet accounting?

Oh I'm sorry.... apparently I'm good at math and built a legal character that generates bigger numbers then the character you chose to build... and that offends you... in some completely unrelated way... because obviously what I do indirectly sucks the fun out of what you do...

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
Forgive my ignorance here as I haven't hit 50 yet, but at the end of a boss fight, does the Sab spec out damage/dps the warrior including the movement he has to do?
That's my issue. Everything is done in controlled conditions on practice dummies.

I haven't seen a single parse proving that in a boss fight requiring significant movement (which is 75% of end game encounters) that Champion/BMs maintain a 300+ DPS edge over well-played/specced sabs.

It's all conjecture.

styr
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 03-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Quote:
That's my issue. Everything is done in controlled conditions on practice dummies.

I haven't seen a single parse proving that in a boss fight requiring significant movement (which is 75% of end game encounters) that Champion/BMs maintain a 300+ DPS edge over well-played/specced sabs.

It's all conjecture.
well, for one, you can easily see that raids are now stacking bm/champs. that's pretty much a no-brainer for what is wrong about this situation. also, as much as you like to proclaim, anti-melee fights do not compromise 75% of end game encounters, closer to 20-30%. no need to over exaggerate.

@hellsfury, we aren't attacking each other. we just want competitive non warrior dps specs. sorry you take offense at wanting at least a little competition when raids start stacking warrior dps. you must play one to get so offended. most raids are starting to take 1 rogue for bard only. no one sees a problem with this besides pessi?

Last edited by styr; 03-21-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Hellsfury
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
19 - 03-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Quote:

@hellsfury, we aren't attacking each other. we just want competitive non warrior dps specs.
Oh

and I was so looking forward to the first soap opera drama on this forum

styr
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 03-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
there are very few fights that are strictly "anti-melee" as much as people like oxy like to say. most fights contain a general element of moving that everyone has to do which might slow down dps warriors do, but very rarely are warriors forced to stand at range for periods of more than a few seconds.

rogue also has to close to melee for aoe, so we aren't immune from cleaves either.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Rift
Reload this Page Warrior Builds

Social Website Bullshit