Reload this Page Account Hacked
Page 1 of 2
JohnWayne
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 03-17-2011, 12:59 AM
I don't know how.

I don't know why.

But it happened to me. Everything that could be sold was sold. 30 silver was left on the account, almost like a joke.

I petitioned the GMs Tuesday and they made the generic update an hour later but nothing since.

Hope my stuff is restored or I'll prob just cancel my sub and be done with it.

:-\

Sponsored Links
Madend
VeteranX
Old
2 - 03-17-2011, 02:31 AM
apparently the hack, cc fraud, and spam attempts started at a pretty high volume immediately as the game launched. common method was to try email/password combos that had been hacked from previous games/websites (see recent gawker hack) hoping the players are still using them. dunno if that was the case for you, but for everyone you should def use a different pw than the same old you usually use

more info in an interview here ZAM Catches Up with Rift's Scott Hartsman at PAX :: Rift :: ZAM

Ickz
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 03-17-2011, 03:58 AM
I had all my plat taken on one of my characters a couple days ago. Just the plat, no gold was taken and every single one of my items was still there even though some were valuable. A lot of people had this same issue, but I HIGHLY doubt it was due to being hacked. I don't even think my character was by a mail box when it happened. Ran multiple scans and I had no keyloggers, etc. Took them three days to even reply an give me my plat back. I believe the character was rolled back like other people were reporting, I couldn't tell as it was an AH/bank alt. Pretty much the worst customer service I've experienced so far. Even the act of rolling a character back to fix something like that is a ****ing joke. Can't imagine what I'd do if it was on a character I was actively playing. We're definitely not in Azeroth anymore.

iritual
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
4 - 03-17-2011, 02:59 PM
JW

outlaw
VeteranX
Old
5 - 03-17-2011, 09:35 PM
all my ****'s gone too... i might be done :/

JohnWayne
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 03-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Still havent heard anything back yet. :-\

My character is still naked. Account is coin locked.

I got some email to create a new acct with same name, picked a new PW and I can't login to it.

So I have no idea what is going on.

styr
VeteranX
Old
7 - 03-19-2011, 04:02 AM
COIN LOCK NIGGA

iritual
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
8 - 03-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Well don't go back to WoW, lolol.

I think I heard they refund you with platinum to try and make up for the loss, coin-lock should prevent it though. Any chance you had downloaded one of the damage parsers? What the coinlock is, is it sends a code to your email. Just enter the code when you see it on login. It's all in the patch notes maaaaaan.

You and Net playing?

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...cussion/page55

Last edited by iritual; 03-19-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: possible reason in link
Goofy
VeteranX
Old
9 - 03-19-2011, 02:32 PM
It happened to me last Saturday, it wasn't fixed until Tues or Wed. All my items/plat were restored as they just restore from the last previous backup date (assume its just a DB they pull from).

Took me a few updates through their system before I got the typical 'we're sorry, you're very important to us' response.

Since thats happened, I've been playing TF2, kind of lost my interest due to that.

JohnWayne
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 03-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Yah I just closed and re-opened my petition and im staying logged in tonight until they respond. Im really annoyed and will prob cancel if they dont fix this ASAP.

It wasnt something i downloaded recently.. must have been a long time ago.. so Ive changed all my passwords up.

;-\

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
11 - 03-20-2011, 05:15 AM
Seriously if you did get hacked what did you lose?
With the coin lock implemented it isn't going to happen again.
Quitting is your choice but I think it is silly to quit when you prolly didn't have alot of **** to lose to begin with.

JohnWayne
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 03-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
Seriously if you did get hacked what did you lose?
With the coin lock implemented it isn't going to happen again.
Quitting is your choice but I think it is silly to quit when you prolly didn't have alot of **** to lose to begin with.
Lost every piece of gear i've gained and all my gold. All the mats I collected and were sent by my guild for apoth.

Unless I'm dumb, you can't just buy the same gear you get in dungeons from vendors. And the AH isnt going to have the BoP stuff I was decked out with.

And, honestly, if this is the type of support the game is going to offer. I'm probably getting off this ship before it sinks.

outlaw
VeteranX
Old
13 - 03-20-2011, 06:43 PM
yeah its been almost a week and my character is still naked.. pretty ****ty

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
14 - 03-25-2011, 01:47 PM
**** sucks sorry guys

Get some crafted gear and get back to leveling, you didn't lose much if you weren't in level 50 epics

We can get gear made for you and I can spot people some plat if they need to get back on track

Bodom
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 03-25-2011, 08:00 PM
fo realz

you lvel so fast gear isnt a huge deal. we can craft decent gear and hand out runes to make it better

|Blitzkrieg|
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 03-29-2011, 07:31 PM
RIFT Mobile Authenticator - RiftJunkies.com - An Official Rift: Planes of Telara Fansite

(The link at the bottom of the app description doesn't work yet, but if you login to your Trion account page, it has a setup page for the mobile authenticator)

JohnWayne
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 03-31-2011, 05:55 PM
got all my stuff back.

Took a few weeks, made a new character on Belmont with some RL friends and playing there for now,

I'll prob hop back and level my cleric again at some point.

BTW if u didnt yet, call them on the phone it goes faster.

Goofy
VeteranX
Old
18 - 03-31-2011, 07:19 PM
Just got this in an email from them apologizing about my delay when I was going through my restore.

Credited your account 30 days of play time.

Bestowed via in-game mail, to all your curre and future characters, a full set of the specia RIFT pre-order bonus weapon enchant runes that you may not have had previously.

Was decent of them.

styr
VeteranX
Old
19 - 04-01-2011, 06:33 PM
wow really a full set of weapon glow enchants wtf..

i need to get hacked

=/

iritual
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
20 - 04-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
wow really a full set of weapon glow enchants wtf..

i need to get hacked

=/
I'm hackin' you now and I'm renaming your damn cleric.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Rift
Reload this Page Account Hacked

Social Website Bullshit