Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
fucking christ

I just went and skied around in a practice map for a bit. Just trying to go from one hill to another was painful as hell... and I was in LIGHT armor.

I've determined that this uphill friction shit has GOT to be fixed. I can deal with the energy issues if they just fix the skiing.
It just takes a while to get used to. You can't go from zero --> fast like in T1, but you can actually get some pretty solid speed once you get used to the floatyness.

It just takes a while to get used to. You can't go from zero --> fast like in T1, but you can actually get some pretty solid speed once you get used to the floatyness.

Not holding down ski when going up hills goes a LONG way, if you are jetting you shouldn't be holding Ski basically, as the game tries to "ski" you down the hill. This helps at getting speed/air/etc tremendously.

on a related note, i find that holding down ski and pressing a direction key (left or right) in the air helps out significantly w/ side thrusting/movement. it does; however, put in the downward ski mode which starts to degrade your glide in the air.

anyone try this/do this yet?

on a related note, i find that holding down ski and pressing a direction key (left or right) in the air helps out significantly w/ side thrusting/movement. it does; however, put in the downward ski mode which starts to degrade your glide in the air.

anyone try this/do this yet?

when i have the speed hacks on i like taking corners on the flat ground of the map without jetting

just holding ski + the directional key

I can't get used to the ... Jump + Jet being bound to the same key. Can't I just bind Jump + Ski to the same key? Like the good ol' days?

I can't get used to the ... Jump + Jet being bound to the same key. Can't I just bind Jump + Ski to the same key? Like the good ol' days?

Yes, but you won't be skiing through rapid jumps obviously. There's a bind somewhere for jump-ski in the menu settings. I'm not a fan of it and use jumpjet instead, but whatever floats your boat.

edit: Vir :(

Man, just clicked that 5150 link... blast from the past.

So, Mr. mentioning of the bomber... What was the super secret technique that you guys used for the bomber in T2?

Our team played 5150 in T2 once in ... OGL or whatever, and the shoutcasters mentioned something about whomever was using the bomber was doing something awesome but didn't want to say what it was so the secret wouldn't get out.

What was it, man?! TELL ME!

We had so many super secret strats and never used any of it in a match it's difficult to remember. Also difficult to remember because of the time that has passed of course.

Of course now some of it might be applicable to the super team buff shrikes strat, in which case proj would be mad if I shared such things. If I could remember it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back