crockpot CRACKED

kdt

Veteran X
no idea wtf happened. the entire ceramic bowl cracked along the bottom. when i noticed it was leaking (WAY TOO LATE I HA DA RIVER IN TH EROOM) i therw it in the sink to cool. then a few hr later i pulled the crockpot itself up from the electric part and all i took out was the WALL of the crock pot. yes the complete bottom cracked off and all my chicken was still in there.

WTF HAPPENED and how do i prevent this???

to keep the food from burning if you have a crockpot that gets too hot on the bottom.

as far as the crock cracking ... what brand is this? ceramic doesn't crack easily unless exposed to dramatic changes in temperature very quickly....

to keep the food from burning if you have a crockpot that gets too hot on the bottom.

as far as the crock cracking ... what brand is this? ceramic doesn't crack easily unless exposed to dramatic changes in temperature very quickly....

no effing idea but ill check. ive used it before and it never had problems. i figured i had cold chicken breast + medium cold water, then threw the crockpot on high setting. this time it just poofed. ill prob use warmer/hotter water next time

Cracking like that usually means that you didn't use enough liquid in the crock pot. There is a minimum to avoid damage, check your users manual for direction.

Cracking like that usually means that you didn't use enough liquid in the crock pot. There is a minimum to avoid damage, check your users manual for direction.

weird. ive done beef with 0 liquid before (suggested by recipe) abnd it turned out well and no crack.

i used about 2 cups of water though for this chicken disaster

My guess is you damaged it last time you put it away and didn't notice when you got it out to use it again.
i thought of tha ttoo but its highly unlikely it would be a very uniform circular crack along the base. entire crack too

plus, when i first poured water in at the start, no leakage (water level didnt drop)

Back