Archaeology was created by a retard

You can finish all the "lore" elements in a day. Not to mention that the lore is practically non-existent in the first place.

I never said the lore elements had to last, the biggest "lure" was lore and such. I'm sure they threw in the rare loot as a way to entice non-lore people to do it. Just my two cents, but gratz on capping that out. I think I got to around 225 before I felt like I couldn't do it anymore. If there some evidence those "burnt recipe fragments" existed outside the data-mined client I probably would continue.

Actually if they did keep in that whole burnt recipe fragment/reclamation scroll thing (assuming it was scrapped before release) that probably would have been better incentive to do it.

Just saying that it isn't well thought out. If it's about the Lore, then why is it only a few meaningless paragraphs you can read on the interwebs? If it's about the rare loot, then why do a triple RNG with no progression based system?

Honestly it would make much more sense to have progression based relics within a pick-a-race system. You say "I want to research Dwarf" and you only get dwarf dig sites. Travel time, fragments, solves, etc. would still apply but at least you wouldn't be grabbing pointless stuff just to create a time sink.

Just saying that it isn't well thought out. If it's about the Lore, then why is it only a few meaningless paragraphs you can read on the interwebs? If it's about the rare loot, then why do a triple RNG with no progression based system?

Honestly it would make much more sense to have progression based relics within a pick-a-race system. You say "I want to research Dwarf" and you only get dwarf dig sites. Travel time, fragments, solves, etc. would still apply but at least you wouldn't be grabbing pointless stuff just to create a time sink.

Um... Duh...? No offense but a non-linear triple RNG system is exactly what they would want because it does it so well and that is to keep playing... You want that loot so you will keep playing, and the RNG functions ensure you have no direct control over acquiring it. Maybe you'll get lucky, maybe not, but they know you will keep playing to get it anyway.

I'm not saying it is a well-designed system, it's clearly not but it does serve Blizzard's purpose. Heck I was a bit disappointed all of that stuff is literally vendor trash, would be nice to wear some of the shit...

Gratz on your tenacity there, I simply can't put in enough effort to do that. Hit 225ish on one toon and I just couldn't keep at it.

It's a carrot.

One of many.

Except this one is "new" so everyone has bought in to how great the carrot is. Some smartass psych major would probably call it a mass delusion.

I've gotten it up to 250 on my DK, but even the lure of ZR isn't really enough to keep me going, even when I'm queued for a heroic. It's just such a massive pain in the ass.

Um... Duh...? No offense but a non-linear triple RNG system is exactly what they would want because it does it so well and that is to keep playing... You want that loot so you will keep playing, and the RNG functions ensure you have no direct control over acquiring it. Maybe you'll get lucky, maybe not, but they know you will keep playing to get it anyway.

I'm not saying it is a well-designed system, it's clearly not but it does serve Blizzard's purpose. Heck I was a bit disappointed all of that stuff is literally vendor trash, would be nice to wear some of the shit...

Again you're overlooking secondary effects of secondary professions. You make no money from archaeology. There is barely any lore. Chances are there will be people who obtain every rare, if they haven't already, by the end of February.

Once you have every rare, why do Archaeology at all? I suppose you could obtain keystones to use in dungeons, or to sell them, but it wouldn't be worth the time.

A quick fix to Archeology would be changing silver to gold. Instead of 11s, make it 11g to sell that gray item. Instead of 40s, make it 40g.

wow i feel like a big ass dork now. i went from 0-525 in 10 hours. people are getting burnt out at 225?
I haven't even gotten to 100 yet. It's just massively boring, and there's nothing useful for any of my current characters. (Doll is ok, but not enough to make me level Arch)

It wasn't hard to get it maxed, and anyone who expects to have their desired rare inside of two weeks of steady farming is a complete idiot.

Only rare I got from Arch is some twin set of NE statues that "fills me with knowledge" on a 15m CD, which basically puts a weird green beam on me for about 10 seconds.

I stopped at 225 and never really picked it up again. Since I stay primarily in Kalimdor the bulk of my stuff are NE and fossils with an occasional Troll. Maybe it gets a bit less irritating once you hit Outland. You only have Orc and Draenei projects there right?

1 - 300 it could be random. You may get lucky and get a quick streak of dig-sites of the same kind in short order, or you could get dig-sites and flip and flop between types. I know I have had a couple of streaks of NE sites and then find all the new NE sites to be completely on the opposite side of the continent. Same thing with Fossils, you get a bunch in a small area across two zones and then you have to traverse the continent to get to the new spawns.

Back