resto shaman vs holy paladin?

Which play-style do you enjoy more? The best healer I know is a holy pally. I'm leveling a resto shaman because I enjoy the play-style, not because I believe one healer is inherently better than the other. I also like elemental off-spec and I can use similar gear for both specs.

For pvp, you will have a lot more options as a hpally right now. x/x/hpally is viable. In the future (s10? I see shamans edging them out. But this season every team wants a pally.

Holy paladins used to be boring as shit to play for PvE. Has that changed any? I know they changed some heals and such, so maybe I might consider dusting mine off at some point. I have one of each healer, and I just found them to be pretty bland.

Resto Shaman is still very strong in arena. Earth shield is great and the totems, purge, windshear + BL still make shamans great in lots of comps. The edge pallys have now is without a ton of resil they can survive longer especially with bubble and are much better with melee for freedom and bops.

Resto shaman are still better offensively. They are better with spell cleaves imo and the comps we saw in previous seasons like RLS, Feral/L/S and R/SP/S are even better now with shaman dispels.

I see a lot of pally double melee like bleed cleave and rogue/feral/hpally having good success off the bat.

Last edited:
Back