[1.40]Groove HUDs and 1.4 config

this thread did get a little bit catty :x

cat.jpg

The irony is a rogue client is openly accepted over a bypass that provides connectivity balancing. Funny how when the opportunity arises, those who have talked the most shit about a bypass have no problem using one themselves.

i would not be against banning 1.40 and simply reopening the network settings in lasthope

however as mentioned before i get better fps in 1.40 than in 1.30 even though u dont believe me, and 1.40 is better out of the box so it is easier to get people to jump in and play

if only someone had the source code to make a new anti cheat client for 1.40 and server side as well

cat got my tongue i guess D:

060609-allergies-cats_big.jpg

I just get smoother framerates and less lags spurts with 1.4 than i did with 1.3

something about 1.3 + my computer made my screen lag for a split second every time anyone says anything in the chatbox. so someone spamming 'get the enemy flag' actually lagged me enough to make it impossible to do so.

i think we should allow 1.4 and allow 1.3 to change their interp/pft settings

i also have no cat pun.

i would not be against banning 1.40 and simply reopening the network settings in lasthope

however as mentioned before i get better fps in 1.40 than in 1.30 even though u dont believe me, and 1.40 is better out of the box so it is easier to get people to jump in and play

if only someone had the source code to make a new anti cheat client for 1.40 and server side as well

cat got my tongue i guess D:

060609-allergies-cats_big.jpg

Talk to andrew, he has the source. Stop implying that I have source. I don't. Feel free to post the source of your misinformation.

Like I said, I'd write the anti-cheat, but it'd have to work with the current server infrastructure, which would mean I'd probably just tie it in with LastHope. I'm not going to waste time on development though, when I know 1. servers aren't going to adopt it, and 2. clients aren't going to adopt it. If you want to pay me for it, I'll do that, too.

i dont think u have the source but i see how it comes across that way

if you wrote an anti-cheat i imagine stork will support adopting it and forcing the client base to use it - maverick might but he seems to be a cheat enabler at times so im not sure

bugs might not since hes a grumpy little old faggot

the gamerena servers may or may not - they did not support last hope but that was because they thought lasthope would be less fair than w/o since people had bypasses

euro would probably support but their community is really dwindled i dont even know if europe has internet these days

that said i do not expect u to work for free so the point is moot

oh well i guess curiosity killed the cat but i should be safe ;p

PlayfulBengal.jpg

i see why u think i am implying u have it

do not get so defensive all the time nofix ur always ready to pounce

1134905920155.jpg

I spent the last 10 years writing interface code for every iteration of the game. I continue writing interface code for Tribes, which is sad, but I still gain something out of it.

no doubt u enjoy what u do or u wouldnt do it as a hobby

i wish i had that same kind of enjoyment then maybe we could be best friends

i guess we will always be on different sides of the catwalk tho !

there are a lot of tribes editors these days like mj bugs lspiro etc but they are all just copycats of the original fat cat nofix

personally while nofix is a bit of a sourpuss there is no pussy footing around that he is playing cat and mouse with us when he tells us what he knows and doesnt

while the cats out of the bag regarding his recent bypass he always lands on his feet and if i am sure he is going to let the fur fly when it comes to cheaters in the future

a new anticheat may not give tribes back its 9 lives but it would certainly be the cats meow

Last edited:
Just an fyi, opsayo, I will be working on an anti-cheat coming up here. I'm finishing off some of the stuff I've been working on for 'The Community' server. Then I'm going to target the 1.40 client. Not going to make any promises, but who knows.

i am silly glamour puss at times but still i love this game and it is great fun and it would not be without everyone in it including the kings, the egos, the noobies, the dumbs, the trolls, the cat burglars, the swordfish/jomo5k's, etc

that despite all the cat calls by fags on this forum and in game u continually do something positive for this community speaks bound about ur character and i am glad we still have a cool cat like u around

cat-yawning2.jpg

if there is anything u need help with like testing or otherwise i am sure many are willing to give u a helping paw including myself

Last edited:
Back