[1.40]Groove HUDs and 1.4 config

Why would I be mad? Just because one cheat is openly accepted and another is not? It's subjective, that's all. Andrew releases a cheat, it's fine. Someone else releases a cheat, it's not. Move on.

why is hudbot a cheat? why are u saying radarhud and permaiffs are not beneficial?

look u are getting grumpy already

when u go circular around the block people will begin to suspect u do not have a point

Exactly. It's a cheat. It provides full-time on-screen info that isn't provided by stock Tribes.

Now, until you can prove this wrong. And no, don't go posting some worthless scripted crap like Lemon posted, because that's in no way shape or form comparable to RadarHUD.

Please explain how it's not a cheat, when coupled with the fact that it's much more useful than stock Tribes 1.11 / Tribes 1.30 command screen.

nofix i am not arguing with you i am just trying to get your point public because u have knowledge that most if not all do not

we are not enemies, i just want u to educate this forum

it seems you are saying radarhud provides functionality that is not provided by stock tribes? this does not differ from perma iffs - i have to agree

similarly, does scripted skiing provide functionality not provided by stock tribes ?

does a bypass? hmm lets delve deeper into this topic now nofix

- i think once we can agree on definitions people will be less ignorant overall

Last edited:
The bypass is a byproduct of a user-created modification that restricts the quality of play for many users ( victims of high ping and packet loss - people that actually require net settings ).

Not going to continue doing this. You know what you're doing.

I agree that lasthope restricts quality of play for many users - grouping network settings with model replacements such as happyflag was a mistake in my opinion.

what am i doing? every thread u talk about scripts cheats etc and then nobody understands you because u talk in short rhetorical responses

i think if you just spoke ur mind clearly once it would be done with

y dps spec frostmourn 2k dkp minus

shaout of blistering scorch x3 rotate leveling guide gonolds purple rainb warmage beast cleft

i think key to this discussion is understanding utility, availability, built in functionality, community opinion
examples:
ski script - small advantage, widely available, essentially built in, accepted by players
hudbot - large adv, availavle to all, lots of tribe hacking required, accepted
lasthope bypass with net functionality - possiblylarge adv, not available to most, technically some hacking req (altho really just returning to vanilla), was not accepted before as much as it is now
perma iff nofog etc - large adv, not avail, requires some code hacking, not accepted
j9omo5k - fat plays wow neckbeard bad at ctf

radarHUD/Hudbot gives you easier access to information you already have access to

PermaIFFs gives you access to information you did not already have

now stop talking about cheats in my thread you fucking faggots

Last edited:
radarHUD/Hudbot gives you easier access to information you already have access to

PermaIFFs gives you access to information you did not already have

now stop talking about cheats in my thread you fucking faggots

Misinformation. RadarHUD gives you information that you don't have access to because it's NOT on your screen constantly unless you're running RadarHUD.

The same logic could be used for PermIFF's. The players are they're, they're just being obstructed. The data is there, so because it's blocked by terrain, or a static object, it shouldn't be used?

The comparison would be the command-screen would be the static-object or terrain. Got it? Yeah.

I like how people justify their cheats. :rofl:

when did I get fat and grow a neckbeard

does it come with wow or did i grow each independently

i guess it all comes down to how we perceive each other

ucl do you look like this:

asian20nerd.jpg

because in my mind you do

Misinformation. RadarHUD gives you information that you don't have access to because it's NOT on your screen constantly unless you're running RadarHUD.

The same logic could be used for PermIFF's. The players are they're, they're just being obstructed. The data is there, so because it's blocked by terrain, or a static object, it shouldn't be used?

The comparison would be the command-screen would be the static-object or terrain. Got it? Yeah.

I like how people justify their cheats. :rofl:

I agree in the sense that the hudbot radar gives you an advantage to hitting C or whatever to see the map. But by that logic any Hud other than tribes default huds are a cheat - like, ctfhud (especially the timer).

But I disagree that perma IFFs are the same thing. You don't know when someone's about to come over a hill with hudbot - unless they're on your radar because a teammate or sensor picks them up - and even then you don't get height information so who knows where they really are.

all hudbot really does is save you the 1 second that you cant move or see when you check your map. its not a HUGE advantage. perma IFFs are, imo. Its the same thing as a wallhack.

the idea he is saying is that technically your client has the information required to display perma iffs, you simply need to write some code to display it

just like with radarhud, your client already has that info, it merely requires some code to display it

it is largely semantics so i would like to hear nofix's concrete opinion but he is a very guarded individual

How can you argue what is a cheat when there was never any real governing body to create a ruleset in the first place.

You'd need to run it like Drag Racing with a literal list of item by item what is allowed and what isn't and to what level everything can be ran.

Right now the only thing designating anything a cheat is the angry mob of pitchforks and torches that runs around picking a new target at random. All of a sudden chainsparks are ok, then they are bad. Now they are ok again. Happyflag is a cheat, but only in base and LT. Hudbot is a cheat, but is cool enough that people moved past it. Nofog was a huge cheat but now people really don't seem to care, but if someone admits to running it they are a cheater.

It's all random nonsense until you get everyone down and have people agree to a ruleset.

I don't know why we don't just release every cheat anyways. It's not like there is anything left, and then you can finally truly see who is the best.

Back