Required mods for Cata

All I need is:

Bartender
Omen
Prat (not needed, but improves chat functions)
XPerl (because I'm too lazy to install and configure other unit frames)
Quartz (with custom mindflay bar for latency)
Grid

Good, but can live without:
Fortexorcist (I more or less ignore the bars nowadays)
Elk's buff bars (I MUCH preferred Buffalo, but it broke with 4.0.1 patch)

^ i use the same thing, decursive on top of that sometimes

I'm going to be testing Tukui
I've been using TukUI for over a year now I think, and I will probably never switch to anything else. I only use a few other addons that isn't included with it. It's very lightweight and minimal, and requires no setup at all. I used to just do everything myself, but this guy has been keeping his UI up to date from the start. It has been Cataclysm ready for a few months now, so he is always on top of it.

For about a month now I've started using a modified version that I like the look of better. Elv's UI : Minimalistic Compilations : WoWInterface Downloads

Last edited:
I still use ElkBuff and it works perfectly fine. For dismissing buffs you have an extra click but that's because blizzard is a bunch of jackasses.

Badboy is pretty required to get rid of the spammage crap
Chocolatebar for the 'titanbar' type stuff, although fubar and titan are still around too.

Dominos for bar replacement

DoTimer for hot/dot/etc

Mik scrolling battle text

Prat is still alive, but I prefer chatter

Tinydps over recount, unless you actually care to look at the graphs recount provides

Tiptac for tooltip replacement

WIM for whispers, althought cellular works too

(labeling the less-known ones)
Atlas
AtlasLoot
Auctioneer
Bagnon - Bag addon similar to ArkInventory that combines all your bags into one and lets you search them
Deadly Boss Mods
Dominos
DoTimer
GearScore
MikScrollingBattleText
Omen
OmniCC
Pawn - Gear rating addon using weights similar to WoWHead
Postal - Mailbox addon for mass opening/deleting mail
Quartz
Recount
Sell-O-Matic - Sells what you tell it to automatically when you talk to a vendor (I have it set for grays)
Shadowed Unit Frames
TipTac
Titan Panel
TomTom
WoW-Pro Guides

TomTom+WoW-Pro Guides is just for leveling (it takes the most popular leveling guides and puts them in the game so you don't have to use windowed mode or minimize 1000 times to read what to do next).

I used to use Decursive but haven't in a while since I switched to a Warlock. It's still pretty useful I'm sure.

My screen:
wowscrnshot120310123844.jpg

Last edited:
Because manually updating/installing mods is such a strenuous task.

Interesting philosophy. So you don't use a washing machine either, right? Why wouldn't you want to give yourself convenience if at all possible?

And yes, manually checking and installing of every single mod is probably 30 minutes of my life that I'd like valuing doing other things.

Interesting philosophy. So you don't use a washing machine either, right? Why wouldn't you want to give yourself convenience if at all possible?

And yes, manually checking and installing of every single mod is probably 30 minutes of my life that I'd like valuing doing other things.

The real question would be, would you use your washing machine if there was a (questionably) decent chance that you'd never get your clothes back? :D

I use like 5 add-ons so it doesn't matter to me either way, but I can see the advocation for using it and the fear that comes with it (really what u doods r talking about)

(and I fucking hate having to *fix* my add ons whenever there is a release; especially back in the day when shit wouldn't be released for a few days. Luckily with so much beta access, most of the time I have the add on before the patch)

The XP bar shows up when you hover over your health/mana texts under the mana bar. I don't think it shows up if you are 80 unless you track a reputation.

Back