Page 2 of 3
Xapz
VeteranX
Old
21 - 12-01-2010, 11:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xapz View Post
Yeah, for exact wording:

We are applying a hotfix today to all level 1-60 dungeon quests for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms dungeons which will significantly reduce the amount of experience they award.

Sponsored Links
kazan
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 12-01-2010, 14:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
I think they just mean the quest reward exp? As in, the quest to Kill Magister Doan in SM gave 10k, now it gives... 4k.

That's what I hope :s
Pretty much. But even so, it makes questing considerably more efficient than running dungeons. The only compelling reason to run dungeons now is to hopefully get a new one, with fresh quests, and gear. Not that its a bad thing, questing is pretty awesome 1-60 now.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
23 - 12-01-2010, 14:10
Well let me tell you, Mulgore is ****ing boring and barely touched. If you make a Tauren get ready for suck.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
24 - 12-01-2010, 14:32
What for the 30 minutes before you leave it?

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
25 - 12-01-2010, 15:14
It's painful Fool. Painful Painful walking around.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
26 - 12-01-2010, 15:42
Mulgore was always boring and painful. Always felt empty.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
27 - 12-05-2010, 02:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by icZer View Post
As soon as you get Exorcism at 20, Holy would be a really good spec for lvling. Not quite sure how it would before then seeing as Exorcism is your main attack. On my full s8 pally, I basically two shot lvl 80 mobs. I will be lvling to 85 as holy.

edit: You might have to wait til you can put pts into Denounce for the mana reduction. Dunno how mana usage would be at those lvls.
Do you stack int? Str? Do you use a 2her? S/B? I'm doing pretty well so far just treating HS like a weapon attack and just judging and crusader striking, but I am OOM all the damn time, and Exor takes like 15% mana so I barely use it. I've been stacking str/crit/stam though so maybe I am doing it wrong.

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 12-05-2010, 04:35
Yeah, you'd want to stack purely int for holy spec. You're a caster. I'd say use a melee weap while holy shocking and crusader striking til you can obtain a good amount of int and get points into blazing light and denounce. Denounce is huge as far as mana usage goes. Would be easier to just go ret until you can do the above.

-Masqu3-
VeteranX
Old
29 - 12-05-2010, 06:30
I've got my DK from 55-75 in 1 week, and I took a few days off playing because of work or SC2. Leveling is much easier... and I queue LFG while I'm questing and if I want to finished a quest or two first, and the queue pops, I just go for the next one.

Luckily, leveling a DK is about as easy as possible... you even start with blues ;p

xpdnc
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 12-05-2010, 08:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Masqu3- View Post
I've got my DK from 55-75 in 1 week, and I took a few days off playing because of work or SC2. Leveling is much easier... and I queue LFG while I'm questing and if I want to finished a quest or two first, and the queue pops, I just go for the next one.

Luckily, leveling a DK is about as easy as possible... you even start with blues ;p
with the way the new quest rewards go, you're in decent greens by lvl 5 and decked out in blues by 30

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
31 - 12-05-2010, 10:44
Yeah I have a complete blue str/crit set and almost a complete blue int/stam set for my pally at 28.

-Masqu3-
VeteranX
Old
32 - 12-06-2010, 18:48
And, when you're bored with questing, just PVP... that's what I'm doing from 77-80 right now...

Wren
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 12-13-2010, 17:54
Holy ****ing **** 60-70 is so ****ing boring

questing is virtually useless, I've taken to just running endless instances which is alright until you hit a failgroup who wipes every 5 minutes

Is there any way to make this **** suck less?

AeiOwnYou
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 12-19-2010, 21:13
ok so the new redridge quests are awesome

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 12-20-2010, 02:36
Btw, lvling as a holy pally 80-85 is pure ****. Exorcism doesn't scale at all.

Sir Lucius
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 12-20-2010, 02:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
Holy ****ing **** 60-70 is so ****ing boring

questing is virtually useless, I've taken to just running endless instances which is alright until you hit a failgroup who wipes every 5 minutes

Is there any way to make this **** suck less?
I did 60 to 70 in a weekend (a long weekend), and it's not terrible, but it's definitely not as good as the 1-60 experience. I've found that questing in general gives the fastest xp, and when you hit outland, grinding dungeons just isn't worth it. What I did was Hellfire quests at 58 until 60, where I pretty much dropped everything and did Zangermarsh quests. When I hit 64 I did Nagrand, and for 65-66 I tried just doing randoms. It was a lot slower than questing, and I was tanking so I was chaining randoms with a good healer.

I wouldn't recommend doing any Outland dungeon more than once, and only do it if you want a quest reward. Otherwise quests are a much better source for XP. For 66-67 I did blade's edge, and then 67 is the pretty great in netherstorm. If you do the arch mage staff quest hub you can get a ton of xp from a really tiny area. 67-68 was done really quickly. As always, when you hit 58/68 drop everything and move to the next expansion.

xpdnc
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
37 - 12-20-2010, 07:39
I'd even suggest doing 58-60 in Azeroth since the quest rewards/exp don't jump as much now as they did before.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
38 - 12-20-2010, 09:25
I didn't even leave Hellfire until 66. I found grinding instances was as fast or faster than questing, as long as you get a decent group. Find a bunch of dudes in the same situation you're in and just chain-run. We were pulling 10 mobs or so at once and just burning everything down. Especially now that you auto-discover quests in instances it's worth running each one at least once.

72-80 is the worst imo.

Wren
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 12-20-2010, 12:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
I didn't even leave Hellfire until 66. I found grinding instances was as fast or faster than questing, as long as you get a decent group. Find a bunch of dudes in the same situation you're in and just chain-run. We were pulling 10 mobs or so at once and just burning everything down. Especially now that you auto-discover quests in instances it's worth running each one at least once.

72-80 is the worst imo.
wtf, it lets you do that now?

eff, wasn't like that when I ran through them

I pretty much ran a few instances for the gear then quested to 68 and hopped a zeppelin to northrend. Leveling 70-80 is pretty much as fast (and way less boring) than 60-70 was, aside from the initial struggle to upgrade all my gear... now that i'm decked out again it's going real smooth

styr
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 12-20-2010, 22:00
that auto quest update thing is only in cataclysm affected areas/zones

not in bc/wotlk content sadly, which sucks

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page [Leveling] 1 --> 80

Social Website Bullshit