[the] CYCLING discussion (thread) by FOURSTAR - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page [the] CYCLING discussion (thread)
Page 8 of 80
Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
141 - 01-13-2011, 11:22 AM
the same lab as jan ullrich. big angry german gears.

god damn is he creepy

Last edited by Soup; 01-13-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
142 - 01-13-2011, 02:37 PM
looks like a girl =\

Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
143 - 01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
the perfect Aryan woman

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
144 - 01-13-2011, 04:53 PM
absent would love it

Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
145 - 01-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Christ Boardman - It's easy for things to get taken out of context on the Internet, so to clarify: I used to do circa 15h of training a week (this number includes any racing and was often closer to 12h) little to non of this was below 40kph; I was either pushing my body to do something it couldn't already do or resting. All significant training was done in the position I would be doing it in the event, whatever that might be. 2h sessions of just below threshold/TT pace pushed form on massively but there was significant 'fall-out' and these took time to recover from. These sessions formed an excellent aerobic base and position adaptation but couldn't be sustained (mentally or physically) all season. Where we were perhaps more courageous than most was in the amount of rest we took between these sessions. I definitely never did these things twice a day! I had one discipline to focus on, if I was a tri athlete, I would take elements of the methodology across but certainly not the volume. Hope that helps......a bit. Right, better go catch my flight.

train hard rest hard for maximum adaptation

i'm telling you guys 2x20 are where it's at to increase base

Reno
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
146 - 01-14-2011, 09:04 PM
I believe you but being on the trainer is just SO FRIGGIN MISERABLE.

And I push it pretty hard on my commutes so that's almost the same.

I guess I just need to man up HTFU and do it.

Last edited by Reno; 01-14-2011 at 11:46 PM.
TF_Grungir
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
147 - 01-14-2011, 09:13 PM
2x20?

Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
148 - 01-14-2011, 10:02 PM
2 sets of 20mins each, from me at least they're at around 90-100% of the MAX output you can do on a bike for an hour with 5-10mins easy spinning in between

TF_Grungir
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
149 - 01-14-2011, 10:37 PM
i would die
maybe a 2x5 for me...

Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
150 - 01-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Even if it was 2 sets of 20min@9mph, if that's putting you in the ~85% of max HR range, you're getting a great workout... regardless of your fitness level.

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
151 - 01-17-2011, 01:11 PM
thats what i love about HR, its such a bouncing target

im also glad my garmin does most of the work for me

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
152 - 01-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Ahh ya tweaked my knee or something sometime between Friday and today so going to be getting my bike and swim on in it's place for at least the next week or so till it doesn't hurt since I have a race at the end of the month ;[

Also kind of at a loss of what to do at the moment.

I sold my 105 group + wheel set for $450 after I built my new bike. The ******* tries to get me to give him a partial refund or says he's going to do a return to sender and open a claim with eBay. So I'm like whatever scamming dick cheese. He files a claim with them before the items arrived. I escalate the claim cause I'm not in the mood to get scammed out of my cash or my parts. eBay then refunds him $450 and I'm like dubya tee eff. So I call up and start complaining about the fact he has my **** and my money now. They said someone screwed up since he shouldn't have even been able to file a claim especially under those circumstances. eBay pays me directly $450 and says I have nothing to worry about they will go after him for the money.

So I'm like super pleased cause I get paid and I don't have to deal with this Nigerian ******* anymore.

Forward to today and I get a call from UPS saying they have a package return to sender aka my bike parts lol. eBay says to keep them and do with them what I wish.

cliffs: I got $450 and my 105 group + wheelset back.

Now I'm contemplating building myself a little road bike or something instead of reselling the parts again.

Edit:

Do any of you do cyclocross or attempted it? That looks like something that would be fun to tool around with to build a spare bike out of.

Last edited by Dai Shinzo; 01-17-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
153 - 01-17-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't run well but it looked fun. I don't have a cyclocross bike so I used my mtn bike, a 2009 specialized rockhopper (heavy piece of junk). It shifts well and the course was fairly flat, any "hills" were so short/steep it wasn't a hill, just an acceleration. I hate running and I was really awkward carrying my mtn bike. I couldn't put it on my shoulder because it had a bottle cage on it so I just held it out awkwardly and ran.

Most cyclocross races are really short- 30 to 45mins... it's like a crit in that it's short and fast, but there isn't much drafting and you basically timetrial the entire thing, transitions aside. Once I got in the swing of thinking "jog a bit and then it's a 5min timetrial" and just did what my legs knew they could, I got in a rythm. Managed to lap most of the field and take 1st but almost everyone I passed then passed me once when running before I put some distance on them on the bike.

I was too cold, sore in uncomfortable ways, muddy and I don't really get all that excited about the cyclocross sport... I don't know about in Florida but the season is basically over up here.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
154 - 01-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Season is only in Fall/Winter everywhere but apparently FL is pretty big on cyclo in general from what I'm scouting which makes sense since we're not overly hilly and you can make some fun muddy courses which amazingly coincide with all the areas that it's popular are big 4x4 mudding spots lol.

Videos actually made me want to at least try it more but I'm a sucker for getting dirty when it's for play ;]

I dunno what I want. I'm thinking about getting a little commuter for work on days I don't have appointments in the evenings.

Cyclocross bikes looked good since it can swing either way and I'm comfortable on road/tri bikes already and I can't see myself having multiple pure road bikes.

Bleh maybe I'll just buy a beater fixie and sell my parts and get it out of my head ;P

I'm going to be the bike version of the cat lady in 30 years.

Vanster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
155 - 01-17-2011, 11:19 PM
I never liked cyclocross, the fact that I sucked at it probably was a factor. Fun to get messy though.

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
156 - 01-18-2011, 10:19 AM
id say get a nice fixie for downtown riding. they are pretty fun to put together and even more fun to just zip around town real quick. if you want to get dirty just get a mtn bike :P

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
157 - 01-18-2011, 06:02 PM

Not to plug primal wear again but totally plugging them. When I bought my gf some jerseys and crap at the beginning of January one of their employees was talking with me on facebook since he saw me wearing their gear and hooked me up with a 20% off code.

Also sent me a free jersey that arrived today. How is that for customer service! ;O

---

Getting a mountain bike in FL just seems silly! I am going to grab a fixie though lots of stuff for sale and study up on cyclo for a bit to see if it's worth the hassle.

Reno
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
158 - 01-18-2011, 07:04 PM
DS, an option for you could be the Bianchi San Jose. It's a SS CX bike with a flip-flop rear hub. I use it as my commuter on the fixed side with fenders, lights, computer, cup holder, etc. and was going to race CX with it on the free side until I dislocated my shoulder the day before the first team meeting. I love the bike and will never voluntarily rid myself of it.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
159 - 01-18-2011, 07:21 PM
I'll check it out thanks.

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
160 - 01-18-2011, 09:40 PM
there are actually a bunch of single track mtn bike trails, especially in the middle of the state and ocala rock quarry. its more like swamp riding than mtn riding though heh

this weekend is a ride in clermont, 70 mile version of the horrible hundred. think i might do it

Page 8 of 80

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page [the] CYCLING discussion (thread)

Social Website Bullshit