[the] CYCLING discussion (thread) by FOURSTAR - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page [the] CYCLING discussion (thread)
Page 3 of 80
Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
41 - 12-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup View Post
a year ago i couldn't touch my toes, i've just made it a habit to stretch for a few minutes every day and my flexibility slowly (so so so slowly) increased
i couldn't either, but that was due to weight issues

Sponsored Links
FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 12-07-2010, 08:13 PM
im still trying to get into the habit of stretching. one thing that i found really helps, is to not wait until i reach my destination, but to stop and stretch when im waiting at an intersection or traffic light. i always forget to do it when i finish my ride.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
43 - 12-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Sold my bike for $1k wuwu. Not bad considering I paid $1100 for it when I bought it second hand.

Pedaling in the gym until I purchase the new ride.

Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
44 - 12-10-2010, 08:54 PM
2x20 avg heartrate was really higher than expected but i got through it

Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
45 - 12-12-2010, 10:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc1yeX_7lWM

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 12-12-2010, 11:46 AM
****ing manx missile

did you read his book? its actually a great read

Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
47 - 12-12-2010, 12:00 PM
i tried to read it

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
48 - 12-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Jesus he's really pulling 45+ MPH on a flat like that?

dubs
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 12-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm going to race next year, starting with some local crits. Will let you guys know how that goes...

my ride, I have stock everything for now

What gear are you guys eyeing? I'm probably going to pick up a garmin 500 next. Probably a new helmet and sunglasses so I stop looking so fred. I ride with a local team around here as they are showing me the ropes, and I have the worst gear, total bike/gear envy of those guys.

Last edited by dubs; 12-12-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: pic of ride
Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
50 - 12-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Shinzo View Post
Jesus he's really pulling 45+ MPH on a flat like that?
yeah he runs a 53x11 i think so around 43mph. to be fair, though, with that leadout from renshaw 100% of the riders in the race would have still won the sprint. i think renshaw is probably almost as strong as cav... and they'd probably have similar success if cav lead him out.

cav gets so ****ing low on though, his aero is a huge benefit... but hes a phenominal athlete either way... sprinters can't dope the way to success as easily as a GC rider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QqIJXxRPss

zoom to 1:45, renshaw got like 4th on the stage lol

Last edited by Soup; 12-12-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
51 - 12-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Still pretty beastly. I have only hit that speed going downhill ;]

Bike shopping still though I'm 95% sure I'm going to be getting that 2011 Felt Tri bike but...

Some guy has a 2008 Cervelo Soloist Team CSC Carbon w/ Full SRAM Force & Mavic Cosmic Carbon wheels I'm trying to jew down a bit though since he's a four hour drive from me. It's such a sweet bike at a decent price already but if I can get him a bit lower I'd just toss some aero bars on it and call it a day instead.

It's so fun/annoying shopping for new bikes especially since I'm looking for something to beat the hell out of this year with all my races and training.

dubs
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 12-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Shinzo View Post
Still pretty beastly. I have only hit that speed going downhill ;]

Bike shopping still though I'm 95% sure I'm going to be getting that 2011 Felt Tri bike but...

Some guy has a 2008 Cervelo Soloist Team CSC Carbon w/ Full SRAM Force & Mavic Cosmic Carbon wheels I'm trying to jew down a bit though since he's a four hour drive from me. It's such a sweet bike at a decent price already but if I can get him a bit lower I'd just toss some aero bars on it and call it a day instead.

It's so fun/annoying shopping for new bikes especially since I'm looking for something to beat the hell out of this year with all my races and training.
What cat do you race and how long have you been racing? I've been on a couple rides with the team and they've all been endurance rides. What are you doing to train right now?

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
53 - 12-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm not a cycling nerd per se ergo no sanctioned races for cycling.

My cycling is for triathlons of varying degrees/iron man race etc.

Right now I'm pedaling in the gym since I just sold my ride and trying to get a good regiment down for indoor training.

So I'm not exactly the best to ask for this field in detail. But if you want someone to swim/cycle & run I'm your guy ;]

Vanster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
54 - 12-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Cavendish is a ****ing missile. There might be some new kid in 2011 that's going to set the sprints on fire, but right now I don't think anyone in the peleton can touch Cavendish.

Unless there is a 1% incline, in which case he immediately gets **** out the back lol.

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
55 - 12-12-2010, 04:01 PM
cav's max power output isn't even close to farrar or thor either. so long as he continues to get great leadouts from renshaw and goss hes only going to get better over the next few years.

Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
56 - 12-12-2010, 08:00 PM
that's because he was and is still a track cyclist and has a much higher cadence than, say, thor hushovd. wattage isn't everything. His dominance is too definitive to be anything else, he's the best there is and if he keeps it up 2 more years he will be the best that ever was. His power might be lower but he continually pulls away from both of them.

dubs what climate are you in? I'm under a few inches of snow and ride indoors right now, 3 2x20's a week and 1 day v02 intervals or a second <65% rest day of spinning. slowly raising threshold power until spring, i'll start working on climbing/sprinting in the early spring

talk to fourstar if you want to be a whore for gear and calling people "fred"

Last edited by Soup; 12-12-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Reno
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
57 - 12-12-2010, 08:09 PM
The Man(x) Missile needs to bring back the totally sweet victory salutes.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
58 - 12-14-2010, 06:04 PM

New bike purchased. Too good to pass up. Full carbon, perfect size, already matches my pedals and brand new in the box 2010.

Only thing I dislike is the wheel & tire set. Going to dump them and get something different.

Vanster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
59 - 12-14-2010, 06:25 PM
May I ask what you paid?

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
60 - 12-14-2010, 06:48 PM
$1300

Page 3 of 80

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page [the] CYCLING discussion (thread)

Social Website Bullshit