[the] CYCLING discussion (thread) by FOURSTAR - Page 14 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page [the] CYCLING discussion (thread)
Page 14 of 80
TF_Grungir
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
261 - 02-22-2011, 08:19 PM
just wanted to give a '****er' to whoever it was that mentioned bonktown.
that site is going to break me

Sponsored Links
Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
262 - 02-22-2011, 08:34 PM
That would be me kekeke. It's only money ;]

You grabbin that wilier soon fourstar?

Once I get rid of my sporty non bike holding car in another couple months I think I'm going to get myself a regular road bike to add to the collection so I can do some bike racing along with tris.

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
263 - 02-22-2011, 08:45 PM
i think im going to end up selling my car and move down to st pete in the coming months, so probably after all that.

DS you need to get on strava.com, send me your email and ill get you an invite

KELLEN
Veteran
Old
264 - 02-23-2011, 08:12 PM

what a man-beast.

TF_Grungir
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
265 - 02-23-2011, 08:30 PM
FYI...
Rudy Project is having a massive sale right now (75% off 2010 stuff)
Rudy Project Spring Warehouse Sale!

ferret
VeteranXV
Old
266 - 02-23-2011, 09:18 PM
I took about 6 months off to repair an achilles injury that's been recurring and I'm slow as dirt now =\ Usually I lay off in the winter and come back slow but never this bad.

I just got a new Speed Concept so hopefully I'll be ready for some TT's by the summer

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
267 - 02-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF_Grungir View Post
FYI...
Rudy Project is having a massive sale right now (75% off 2010 stuff)
Rudy Project Spring Warehouse Sale!
is rudy a good brand? I'm not big on biking right now, but trying to get started in it (searching CL for a road bike now). I tried a helmet on today, fit nice (just for sizing). Brand began with a G?

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
268 - 02-24-2011, 09:14 PM
probably a Giro

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
269 - 02-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURSTAR View Post
i think im going to end up selling my car and move down to st pete in the coming months, so probably after all that.

DS you need to get on strava.com, send me your email and ill get you an invite
I would never keep up to date on that thing. I barely remember to plug my gps in to track my **** as it stands let alone update a web site ;P

And yes that's a Giro. All helmets are the same aside from weight and aerodynamics. Get whatever one is cheap and fits and you're good to go since you're not going to be exactly maxing out anything anytime soon.

I own both a rudy and a giro road helmet and a giro mountain helmet. I only kept the rudy cause it was pretty much a freebie ;}

Also CL in our area sucks for entry level road bikes (sub $500) and when you need a specific size you're going to be needle in a haystack. Once you get to the decent stuff you can find very good deals if you're willing to drop $750-$1500 but a lot of people are very confused and think because they spent $2400 for a new shiny at the bicycle shop which they road twice and put in the garage 4 years ago that it's still worth $2400 and not a penny less!

And finding nice starter 80's/90's steel frames w/ beautiful lug work etc is getting harder and harder to snag for $100-$200 cause so many resellers are snatching them up right away to flip or people are converting them to SS/Fixie.

To be honest if you're wanting to get something in the next year without scouring CL every single hour I'd just get something specifically in your size from eBay or bikesdirect if you want to keep to a lower budget or look and see if any of the LBS in the area have old stock they'd discount. You'd be paying $500-$700 but you'd have a warranty and most of them give free service as far as tune ups and such go if you aren't handy with maintenance.

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
270 - 02-24-2011, 10:32 PM
yup. giro. thanks for the info Dai. I had one picked out the other day, waited too long and the guy sold it. The giro was ~40 and fit well, so i think i'll probably head back to outspokin and pick it up once i get an actual bike. While getting an expensive helmet for really cheap is nice, nothing like going to the store to make sure it's going to feel ok when you actually wear it.

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
271 - 02-25-2011, 02:36 PM

how?

Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
272 - 02-25-2011, 03:13 PM
fingers and wrists on the chrome bits. aero

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
273 - 02-25-2011, 03:56 PM
yea i mean, i get how you are supposed to ride it. but like.. HOW is that a good position? maybe i just can't tell the scale of it but the seat looks waaaay too high

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
274 - 02-25-2011, 03:57 PM
and it reminds me of the IT from south park

Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
275 - 02-25-2011, 03:59 PM
compare it to fabian c's shiv

the concept bike is a little aggressive but it's a concept bike, your wrists would probably account for a bit of height since it doesnt look like you put your arms down on those chrome bits.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
276 - 02-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURSTAR View Post

how?
Looks like it would make a *****in ride for superman position.

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
277 - 02-25-2011, 06:17 PM
well ****. thought i had a bike today for ~150, but someone else got it before it (and i offered him 120 :P).

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
278 - 02-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup View Post
the concept bike is a little aggressive but it's a concept bike, your wrists would probably account for a bit of height since it doesnt look like you put your arms down on those chrome bits.
it seems like you'd be using too much energy to hold yourself up than the current common technique, but i guess if it's for velodromes ...

(i still want one or at least to try it out)

oh and when i get home im totally overlaying the concept and spartacus'

ferret
VeteranXV
Old
279 - 02-25-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't see how that could work well since your back may be low but your hands are out, and it would be difficult to control. TT bars are more aero than that setup.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
280 - 02-27-2011, 11:27 PM

Ya this totally needs to be posted here.

Page 14 of 80

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page [the] CYCLING discussion (thread)

Social Website Bullshit