mage vs rogue for cata

Paladin tanking:

1. HoR (for groups/trash) or CS (for single/bosses)
2. Hit HW when up.
3. Cons anytime or at an opporunity.
4. At 3 charges, WoG (if healer isn't on point) HS (if you health is good).
5. Rinse, repeat.

Druid Healing:

1. Rejuv tank.
2. Swiftmend for instant heal.
3. Nourish as needed, rejuv when needed.
4. Thorns tank as needed for threat.
5. Rinse, repeat, etc.

Pretty much the same 2 - 3 buttons with a button or so for situations/emergencies.

Please explain to me what is wrong with his druid 'analysis.'

I'm asking a serious question, as the last time I healed on a druid was somsone elses and in Naxx.

I've been healing some heroic 5s with no problem (obviously), but I'd like to know more about it. Seems to me Lifebloom is awfully strong to not use, but that nourish recently got a buff and is getting used more too. I know every healing class has an efficient heal now, but haven't read much on it. What about regrowth as well?

Please explain to me what is wrong with his druid 'analysis.'

I'm asking a serious question, as the last time I healed on a druid was somsone elses and in Naxx.

I've been healing some heroic 5s with no problem (obviously), but I'd like to know more about it. Seems to me Lifebloom is awfully strong to not use, but that nourish recently got a buff and is getting used more too. I know every healing class has an efficient heal now, but haven't read much on it. What about regrowth as well?

Nothing terribly wrong with his analysis, he's just equating druid healing to pally tanking by saying that both have a priority system to use, thus they're very similar.

Which we all know is stupid, simply because that means that enh shammies, DKs, and several other specs fall into that category.

You didn't need like 3 raid frames though haha. Do you have a link somewhere?

I still have 2 raid frames because of pitbull and healbot, pitbull is exceptional and keeping track of everyone in the party or raid and their buffs, healbot does everything I need to for click healing, and cleansing on all my characters.

Older picture which won't be too far off what I run now, I don't have cooldown timers but I need to get something like that again.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now I can get into some of the spam screen shots I have taken, these are done specifically to get as much crap on the screen as possible.

Rejuv tank, stack lifebloom, spam nourish to keep lifebloom up, keep rejuv up for swiftmend, collect loot

druids aren't very effective raid healers now that our hots cost 1000 mana each

I still have 2 raid frames because of pitbull and healbot, pitbull is exceptional and keeping track of everyone in the party or raid and their buffs, healbot does everything I need to for click healing, and cleansing on all my characters.

You might want to consider the addon Clique Clique : Unit Mods : WoWInterface Downloads which allows the same click/hover casting that healbot does, but in combination with pretty much any unitframe addon.

It integrates directly with your spellbook, very intuitive to use.

I haven't had much of a problem raid healing still, but obviously it's not quite the same as before.. Lifebloom should always be used, but I just can't get myself to ever use nourish again. I know it's relatively inexpensive but with the changes to it and haste.. sigh..

You might want to consider the addon Clique Clique : Unit Mods : WoWInterface Downloads which allows the same click/hover casting that healbot does, but in combination with pretty much any unitframe addon.

It integrates directly with your spellbook, very intuitive to use.

I know about that addon, I actually like having the 2 raid frames, both are very effective in their role. Healbot is transparent except for players that have taken damage, pitbull is always fully visible. I have healbot unlocked on my characters too so I move it around the screen depending on what I am doing.

The stuff I have on the screen doesn't get in my way, when I tank I don't miss seeing the one mob that runs back to attack the healer. Anybody that has played with me knows they can go all out all the time, if they pull aggro I will taunt the target, doesn't bother me at all if I have to use taunts, it means people are actually trying to kill shit faster. I think some tanks are so locked into their threat rotation that they can't handle pressing another button to taunt from time to time.

I haven't had much of a problem raid healing still, but obviously it's not quite the same as before.. Lifebloom should always be used, but I just can't get myself to ever use nourish again. I know it's relatively inexpensive but with the changes to it and haste.. sigh..

I realized I had to start using it when I was going oom on trash. I'm probably going to switch to my shaman now anyway.

more opinion on mage vs boomkin plz :)

I am actually having a hard time deciding which spec to go with on my mage. All 3 lines are fun now. I've never made my druid a boomkin, I might do it for Cataclysm since I find cat dps boring.

Also I have discovered that Arcane mages are exactly like playing an Inscriptionist. You have to select certain items to be made just like selecting various spells to cast and then wait on a timer to complete before using them again.

Back