[Leveling] 80 --> 85

TheGhost

Veteran XV
Whats the preferred route for horde, and how long does it take?

Just curious, so its not like vanilla wow on launch and I have no idea wtf to go :)

thats the idea go bizzle, they want you to have no idea where to go but its going to start in mt hyjal is all i know and then from there i dunno, i'd assume the underwater zone or deepholme or somthing of that nature

not to mention there will be directional quests in org/stormwind or whereever you probably are based at that will direct you to the new zones to quest and lvl

Yeah, having the priest with good gear is going to be easy to find dungeons, doing a few quests here and there for random crap.

I'm hoping ICC 264/270+ gear is going to last till 85, at least enough to do regular dungeons to find better gear ;o

Yeah, having the priest with good gear is going to be easy to find dungeons, doing a few quests here and there for random crap.

I'm hoping ICC 264/270+ gear is going to last till 85, at least enough to do regular dungeons to find better gear ;o
I plan on picking one of 3 toons to level first and will just join someone else's group and spam-queue. I fucking despise questing so I'll avoid that if I possibly can. I'd rather kill 50,000 boars than go through another questline with a cinematic ending.

Quest in Hyjal to 82 (get hyjal rep and replace gear thats below 264 or so), or go to Vashjir to finish up to 82. Go to Deepholm at 82. Quest and replace all your Lichking gear there till 83, get revered with Therazane in the process and visit the rep vendor. Then Uldum or Twighlight highlands.

Last edited:
You're going to wipe in dungeons alot if you use the LFD tool. Fights are more complicated than WOTLK. Not worth the time IMO.

You're going to wipe in dungeons alot if you use the LFD tool. Fights are more complicated than WOTLK. Not worth the time IMO.
The same has been said about the past 2 expansions and look how difficult that shit was...

I didn't mess with beta or PTR so it will all be new to me anyways, but Blizzard has proven that they refuse to release content too difficult for the Feannags out there so I don't think I'll lose any sleep worrying about dungeon encounters slowing me down.

In all honestly I'll quest when not grouped up and I'm in no hurry at all to hit 85. I'll be leveling 4 characters off and on to burn up rest XP since I don't have any raiding commitments that encourage me to hit 85 right away and gear up in a week. My first toon though will probably do a lot of 5man dungeons queuing up with friends or guildmates just to avoid the congestion of starting leveling zones. The expansion comes out in a few weeks and I haven't even decided which character or spec I'd like to level first.

The same has been said about the past 2 expansions and look how difficult that shit was...

I didn't mess with beta or PTR so it will all be new to me anyways, but Blizzard has proven that they refuse to release content too difficult for the Feannags out there so I don't think I'll lose any sleep worrying about dungeon encounters slowing me down.

In all honestly I'll quest when not grouped up and I'm in no hurry at all to hit 85. I'll be leveling 4 characters off and on to burn up rest XP since I don't have any raiding commitments that encourage me to hit 85 right away and gear up in a week. My first toon though will probably do a lot of 5man dungeons queuing up with friends or guildmates just to avoid the congestion of starting leveling zones. The expansion comes out in a few weeks and I haven't even decided which character or spec I'd like to level first.

Watch dungeon vids.

If you head in there with the "AoE 'em all" mentality, you're in for a rough go.

Sadly, the majority of the WoW playerbase is bad.

Watch dungeon vids.

If you head in there with the "AoE 'em all" mentality, you're in for a rough go.

the aoe em all mentality was just more prevalent in wotlk thats all

to all of us who have been playing since classic, designated CC roles were the funner+better way to play neways

Hyjal-vash-deepholm-uldum-twilight highlands while queuing for randoms.

Although considering on release day Hyjal will be a chaotic mess of hundreds of players, zone crashes, etc., I will probably just go level archeology since you get XP for it and those zones won't be lagged/crashing.

Hyjal-vash-deepholm-uldum-twilight highlands while queuing for randoms.

Although considering on release day Hyjal will be a chaotic mess of hundreds of players, zone crashes, etc., I will probably just go level archeology since you get XP for it and those zones won't be lagged/crashing.

This sounds stellar.

Well it seems Vash'jir will also be a Cataclysm starter zone, lvl 80 - 82. I plan on starting there since I'm assuming most WoW players now are pretty oblivious to the history/lore of Azeroth before WC3 (if that). Combine what people may know about Mt. Hyjal and the fact Vash'jir is underwater I'm banking Mt. Hyjal will have the bulk of the players and Vash'jir will be less populated.

A friend I know who got into the beta apparently took time to completely re-level a toon and recently made it to 80, and he claims both starter zones will be difficult for players who are in less than ilvl 200 greens/blues. I'm going to talk to him more, but from how he describes it questing won't be a simple matter of doing your thing and killing shit without worrying about health/healing.

Watch dungeon vids.

He's a great player, I'm sure he'll adjust fine.

Good players in groups will adjust easily, its the feannags that'll wipe.

ps, roll tank smaq and I can heal you :D

I watched the videos and read up on the fights, wipes aren't usually my fault. I saved more than a few pug raids doing Ignis on the weekly because people felt it was a tank-and-spank and literally didn't have the DPS for a straight add-tanking burn.

He's a great player, I'm sure he'll adjust fine.

Good players in groups will adjust easily, its the feannags that'll wipe.

ps, roll tank smaq and I can heal you :D

I didn't say he's bad.

But I can't speak for everyone else. Was tanking Flamelash for the invasions many times and many times had DPS repeatedly standing in fire and dying.

I didn't say he's bad.

But I can't speak for everyone else. Was tanking Flamelash for the invasions many times and many times had DPS repeatedly standing in fire and dying.

I have seen everyone do that, including the tanks. People don't get it's Legion flame and the patches themselves stack. Looks like it's 3K - 4K per second per patch, and that's on top of the DoT so if you are standing there you will take 18K - 24K or so a second even if you are healed through the DoT.

Hell I had a tank both fall off Flamelash's AND Princess' area and cause a wipe.

I just got 80 yesterday... already got 8 epics from the elemental dungeons and spending JP I earned.

And yes... the playerbase is so bad it's astounding. I didn't know any content since SSC in TBC and I had no issues at all. Heroics were a joke as well... and so were the players. But I am not worried. I'll be doing this for PvP mainly.

Soon, I'll be transferring my newly leveled 80 to some server in a competitive BG and I'll go from there.

Was fun though, 1-80 in like 5 days played with me running around wasting time after I got bored. Game is easy, but that is what I needed right now.. hope Cata truly is harder.

Back