Some Cata tips for 4.0.3a

Shopper47

Veteran X
Ok so bored at work today; it's a friday; so here are some pieces of info I've grabbed off of the wow forums and MMO-champion. Saves you guys the time via my slacking!

- 20% reduction to the XP required to gain levels from 71 to 80.

- Will you allow players to fill their quest log with say, 25 dailies, and then turn them in right after Midnight on December 7th to get a quick boost towards 85? This is how it worked in the beta, but some players are confused on whether it will work on Live. Thanks!
Regarding 25 daily quests to turn in when the expansion goes live, this is something players have been able to do for the last 2 expansions and we aren't talking about changing it now.

- Will the heirloom items scale to 85?
The current plan is to have heirloom items stop at level 80 at the moment.

- With the level 1-80 Heirloom items, when Cataclysm is released will the xp gain work while leveling until you hit level 81? Or will XP gain be disabled for those on release?
They will not. Heirlooms stop granting their XP bonus at level 80. Not level 80.999999.

- Do honor points and Badges roll over into CATA, or do they reset to zero?
Yes, honor points and justice points carry over into cataclysm. Stock up now!

- Do you feel faction imbalance is a problem at the moment? My queue is around 10-15 min at prime time as a member of the Horde and I know this is the case on at least two of the battlegroups. If so, do you think Worgen will fix the problem? And if they do not, will free faction changes ever be a possibility in the future on battlegroups or servers with a major problem?
We are working on some technology to further combine the PVP queues at server sites. This has been going on behind the scenes for a few weeks now in preparation for Cataclysm. Queue time is one of those things that gets a lot of attention and time, but will change significantly post Cata. Really good question.

- GENERAL 4.0.3a news (releasing this Tuesday or next, all taken from mmo-champion.com)

What is not in:
Creating worgen/goblin characters
Worgen/Goblin start zones
Archeology
Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
Guild leveling
Guild achievements
Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
New Zones (80+)

What is in:
Portals in Dalaran/Shattrath Removed
Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
New Gnome/Troll starting areas
Changes to existing zones
New cata load screens
New cata intro cinematic
New cata login screen
New music
City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
Bug fixes
Class balancing
Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%
New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for existing pet classes.)

We've been arguing on my guild's forums about whether or not storing 25 dailies pre-Cata is worth doing? I seem to recall Blizzard drastically reducing the XP gained from previous content when new expansions go live, making most of those dailies pretty insignificant. Others in my guild disagree.

Thoughts?

So why remove portals from Shattrah/Dalaran? How the fuck else do you move from city to city quickly besides paying mages?

edit- I'm going to have the ICC dailies ready to turn in, thats enough for me, I can quickly turn them in, then go wherever to level up

So why remove portals from Shattrah/Dalaran? How the fuck else do you move from city to city quickly besides paying mages?
You fly to BT or HF and take the Zepp.

Gay as fuck, but that's how.

What you actually do is set your hearth to Orgrimmar and just use your ring and tabard when you want to get to Northrend.

We've been arguing on my guild's forums about whether or not storing 25 dailies pre-Cata is worth doing? I seem to recall Blizzard drastically reducing the XP gained from previous content when new expansions go live, making most of those dailies pretty insignificant. Others in my guild disagree.

Thoughts?

Beta people were saying 25 completed quests were getting them about 1/3 way into 80. Dunno if Blizz will change from that.

little late but could also collect the waterlogged recipe and sealed vile of poison quest items too.. i have about 20 to turn in

Thoughts?

I say if you have the time and drive then why not? Honestly if you do you have a quick boost to 81 and if you don't then you get a slight boost. If you factor in the time taken to turn all 25 in there probably won't be such a huge disparity in time over people starting in Hyjai/Vash'ir.

If XP isn't nerfed from what it is in beta, there would be a pretty big disparity between turning in 25 and starting with nothing. You can get 25 quests from Tourny/Shadow Vault/Blackwatch/Airship which are all super close together. It would take no more than 5 minutes to turn them all in on an epic flyer. Have your hearth set to Org or wherever the closest inn is to the new content and bam, 1/3 ahead of everyone else.

If XP isn't nerfed from what it is in beta, there would be a pretty big disparity between turning in 25 and starting with nothing. You can get 25 quests from Tourny/Shadow Vault/Blackwatch/Airship which are all super close together. It would take no more than 5 minutes to turn them all in on an epic flyer. Have your hearth set to Org or wherever the closest inn is to the new content and bam, 1/3 ahead of everyone else.

Is it really a race?

Realm firsts will be done by groups of people, it's not worth bothering by yourself.

Blizzard also already said there won't be any race realm-firsts save the Goblin and Worgen and there probably won't be any classes either. Just realm-first 85, realm-first 85 "true" goblin and worgen (no race changes, etc.)

They ditched a lot of the realm-first stuff prior to ICC because of that dumbass kid who died from trying to get realm-firsts in some cybercafe for 42+ straight hours or some shit like that.

Blizzard also already said there won't be any race realm-firsts save the Goblin and Worgen and there probably won't be any classes either. Just realm-first 85, realm-first 85 "true" goblin and worgen (no race changes, etc.)

They ditched a lot of the realm-first stuff prior to ICC because of that dumbass kid who died from trying to get realm-firsts in some cybercafe for 42+ straight hours or some shit like that.

Friendly reminder to never listen to anything this moron says.

Blue Post:
With two new playable races just on the horizon, many players have been asking when they'll be able to convert their existing characters into goblins or worgen. Paid faction and race changes will be available immediately once Cataclysm is released. Realm First achievements for leveling any class to 85 will be available in Cataclysm. However there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race.

Realm first 85 will be within 24 hours. It's really not hard to level in cataclysm. 80-85 is equivalent to 75-80. It's almost exactly comparably similar to 5 levels

Realm first 85 will be within 24 hours. It's really not hard to level in cataclysm. 80-85 is equivalent to 75-80. It's almost exactly comparably similar to 5 levels

this
the quest flow is so precise and well developed, and the XP from it so massive, that most people will be finishing deepholm on the first day.

Back