Mobile Users: Tapatalk Has Been Installed by Rayn - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > Policy Updates & Announcements
Reload this Page Mobile Users: Tapatalk Has Been Installed
Page 1 of 7
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
1 - 10-18-2010, 06:34 PM
A few people have been asking me for this; I was reluctant to install it because I don't see any ad integration into it meaning there is a chance this will decrease our already low income, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Quote:
Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin, phpBB, IPB and SMF forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Ability to search by topics and posts:

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

Check out Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF for more information!

Sponsored Links
Dai Shinzo
VeteranX
Old
2 - 10-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Awesome thanks.

Validuz
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3 - 10-18-2010, 06:36 PM

*Edit1*
Made a better one: (Maybe?)

*Edit2*
And the stolen Wiki one like Hurricane Harold suggested:

Last edited by Validuz; 10-19-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
4 - 10-18-2010, 06:36 PM
thank you, now I can finally browse in comfort while taking a ****.

nigafool
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 10-18-2010, 06:38 PM
my client connected fine so i guess it works

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
6 - 10-18-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't have a smart phone, can someone tell me how this is better than just using your native browser?

Technetium
tuffy
Old
7 - 10-18-2010, 06:40 PM
downloading the entire site / forums is pretty slow on smart phone

nigafool
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 10-18-2010, 06:41 PM
honestly reading the forum on a mobile browser is not that bad

but navigating is a pain because you have to either hit really tiny buttons with your fingers, or zoom in to hit them. and if you're going for something like a page number, you'll end up missing and loading the wrong page, etc.

kind of annoying on a slow mobile connection.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
9 - 10-18-2010, 06:42 PM
btw this only works if you are set to the work safe or triton forum skins I believe.

Skyler
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
10 - 10-18-2010, 06:43 PM
On a normal browser is fine, but you have to keep zooming in, and then zoom out, zoom in, zoom out.

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
11 - 10-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Posting sideways from my iPhone

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 10-18-2010, 06:45 PM
app is pretty slick on the iphone, i like it

thanks rayn

Skyler
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
13 - 10-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Guess I need to buy Tapatalk now.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
14 - 10-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I thought it was free? Oh, I see. $3. That's kind of annoying. So they charge for an app that reads our content. Well, whatever I guess.

Fonzie
VeteranX
Old
15 - 10-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
It's a lot more work than you would expect. Dumpy Dooby offered to help me with the templates a long time ago, then never wound up doing anything. The mobile template has been disabled, there is no point in having it as far as I can tell. Did anyone actually use it?
I think a lot of people actually use it. I didn't, but the one Dumpy Dooby was making looked pretty cool. I'm sure it was a lot of work but at that particular time, I had all the time in the world.

But I think the main reason I was denied was because I needed server access and I understand not being able to have that.

Jahoda Duck
Veteran++
Old
16 - 10-18-2010, 06:48 PM
everything works fine on my native browser, no need to zoom, except i cant send pm's

is the upload images directly from phone thing only for Android and iPhone?

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 10-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
I thought it was free? Oh, I see. $3. That's kind of annoying. So they charge for an app that reads our content. Well, whatever I guess.
theres a read only for free, to post with it costs 3 bucks

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
18 - 10-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
I don't have a smart phone, can someone tell me how this is better than just using your native browser?

Biggest issues about this forum when not using tap:

zooming in to hit a small ass button, then zooming out to read, then zooming in to hit another button, then zooming out to read.

reply box. Holy ****ing christ, at least on my screen (Droid X) when I go to type something in the reply box I have to keep backing in and out so the keyboard doesn't cover the input box.

Also in regards to the reply box: When I am on chrome or ie9 and I click reply, I get my curser at the end of the content already in the input box, but with my mobile browser it gets put at the top and the keyboard blocks the rest, which leads to problem above.

Then when you add in the fact that random thumb pushes will "send" your reply, you end up with a LOT of posts that start in the middle of a quote, or sentences that stop before you are finished and then you have to play the zoom game to get back and edit it before someone on tw quotes you and calls you a nub ****** for not making sense.

So, for me at least, with the droid X this is a HUGE increase in usability for the site, more so because these days 90% of my browsing seems to be done on the phone.

If you need me to test anything, or just want some input let me know. I know we have a small legion of mobile users on this site, so finding a way to incorporate ad space will surely make a difference, but in the end just the added functionality will get me to at least donate more often knowing its going to improve overall functionality of the site.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 10-18-2010, 06:58 PM
just installed, not bad. not gonna pay $3 just to post with it tho.

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
20 - 10-18-2010, 06:59 PM
now i can easily post from the beach or bars

Page 1 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > Policy Updates & Announcements
Reload this Page Mobile Users: Tapatalk Has Been Installed

Social Website Bullshit