4.0.1 THoughts (Fuck someone else make a thread :s)

It's the same as every patch / expansions: mages rape, melee gets left in the dust in the first tier, and then rogues dominate followed by fury warrior broken times.

Every time, same shit.

I'm not going to bother to resub until cata at this point.

Check your PM's my friend.

My holy pally is gimp =[

Edit: My restro drood is prosauce now though... I also got a lvl 76 restro shammy, and so far shit seems to be the same on him.

Read yesterdays blue post on mmo-champion it explains why they made Holy Pallies they way they did. And they're BEASTS in PVP. I mean like OMG hard to kill.

Really fucking tired of the mouseover (refreshment tables, soul wells, the headless horseman pumpkin thing, etc.) crashing that's going on right now. Buggy bullshit.

I agree it is a pain in the ass. Just make sure to keep up to date on your add-ons. Wow isn't buggy, the add-ons are. That's why you crash.

The tooltip bug has nothing to do with add-ons.

The easiest workaround is to disable your UI with Alt-Z prior to clicking on any significant world object.

You can disable and then re-enable tooltips any time you need to interact with a "gear" item.

Annoying, but stops you from hardlocking.

-Turn Off Tooltips
/script GameTooltip.Temphide = function() GameTooltip:Hide() end; GameTooltip:SetScript("OnShow", GameTooltip.Temphide);

-Turn On Tooltips
/script GameTooltip:SetScript("OnShow", GameTooltip.Show);

Holy fuck the gear lock is annoying as shit. Apparently there is a bug where the HH mount is dropping like 50% of the time, but since all my pubs end up instantly going ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD, I can't ever get the damn thing done. Plus queues are 15 mins for dps on gorg (where most of my alts are) so it takes fucking forever.

On my DK I have 2-manned it twice with Army and a spell dps. So frustrating.

Last edited:
Yeah I got the Headless Horseman's Reigns and thought I was special then I realized five other guildies got it during the day :(

Oh well it's still cool, but not nearly as cool as when it was really rare.

I haven't been playing much, but after the patch, it seems like instant's feel "laggy" now? Like, it takes a couple milliseconds after using an instant ability for the effect to actually go off. Is this just me or what?

Also, they need to fix that horrible ability queue mechanic. Fucking gcd hackers screwing things up for everyone else.

If you spam a spell, and change your mind mid cast and start spamming a different spell, the system has queue'd your initial spell and will cast it again before it casts the second spell.

It's a very small time frame... less than 1 second that it will hold that queued spell but you notice it a lot on insta cast spells.

Example: In PVP I'll use my pets frost nova on someone and immediately stun them, followed up by ice lances which are insta cast. This process usually involves a LOT of key spam to get the stun and ice lances off as quickly as possible. The queue comes into affect if say I get a Clearcasting proc which is a free insta cast FrostFire Bolt. I obviously want to cast that because it's better than ice lance, but when i switch from spamming ice lance (insta cast) to FF Bolt (insta cast with the proc), it will still fire at least 1 extra ice lance because it's in queue.

You can change the spell queue now on beta, cant remember if you can do it on live. you can effectively change the spell queue from the 400ms that it was defaulting to right down to 0ms (I set mine to zero since i dont chain cast spells, casters may want to set theres a little higher to compensate for their actually latency)

You won't see class balancing until a month or two past 4.0.3 at least.

This simply isnt true as far as class balance at 85 goes. I can assure you there are tests being done with dev's watching and gathering data that they use to balance the classes using an assortment of specs.

I'm not saying they will be perfectly balanced on release, but be sure there is a great deal of work going into it every day.

If i have to punch another 340 million hp patchwerk i'm going to die...that shit takes so long to kill :stab:

This simply isnt true as far as class balance at 85 goes. I can assure you there are tests being done with dev's watching and gathering data that they use to balance the classes using an assortment of specs.

I'm not saying they will be perfectly balanced on release, but be sure there is a great deal of work going into it every day.

If i have to punch another 340 million hp patchwerk i'm going to die...that shit takes so long to kill :stab:

lol the Patchwerk test was awesome!

Well I hear rogues got left in the dust, but I've been playing one on my friend's account and subtlety is a lot of fun for leveling. In heirlooms with decent greens and some blues I can kill Mograine in SM Cathedral in 2 hits at level 40 :lol:

I've always found subtlety to be really fun. After leveling this guy up for the hell of it it almost makes me want to make a Goblin one on Cataclysm launch.

Back