4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s) by Shopper47 - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page 4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s)
Page 4 of 10
|Blitzkrieg|
VeteranXX
Old
61 - 10-14-2010, 18:53
Joe, try Mik's Scrolling Battle Text. I changed from SCT, and haven't missed it

Blue post from GC:
Quote:
We made many changes yesterday. A lot of these were bug fixes, and many bug fixes will affect damage one way or the other. So just because you don't see a specific change referenced below, doesn't mean it didn't change.

With that said, here are the specific changes we made in reference to my previous post:

1) We buffed the base points and coefficients of many warrior dps abilities. We didn't do as much to tanking abilities.

We buffed the base points and coefficients of many Ret abilities.

We buffed the base points and coefficients of many Feral cat abilities.

2) We lowered the base points and coefficients of many Mage abilities, but lowered Fire more than the other two.

3) We nerfed Shadow Word: Death, but it is possible we didn't nerf it enough. It should not be Shadow's biggest spell.

4) We returned Searing Pain's damage to its 3.3.5 levels.

5) We increased the benefit of resilience by 50% for players level 80 and below. The tooltips will probably not reflect this change.

We don't have any other changes to announce at this time. I am reluctant to mention additional classes or specs that we are looking at currently for fear of instilling excitement or panic.

Sponsored Links
LouCypher
VeteranX
Old
62 - 10-14-2010, 21:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
I miss SCT. Parrot is just not as helpful thus-far.
What did SCT do that Parrot won't?

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
63 - 10-14-2010, 22:14
I had SCT wrapping up above me like demi moore making a vase and then crits would sticky. Maybe I just need to spend more time with parrot.

RunningWolf
VeteranXV
Old
64 - 10-14-2010, 22:52
I haven't had a chance to run a WOL for the hot patch. But last nights ICC as a Mage was quite enjoyable.

LouCypher
VeteranX
Old
65 - 10-14-2010, 23:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
Maybe I just need to spend more time with parrot.
Definitely.

Surge
VeteranX
Old
66 - 10-15-2010, 00:56
worth it to reforge mastery on resto shamans right now?

Pure
VeteranX
Old
67 - 10-15-2010, 12:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
There's a lot of rogues that hang out in a chat room.
Do any of them not suck and need a guild

we're kind of hardcore though

Adroit
VeteranXX
Old
68 - 10-15-2010, 12:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post

I've heard that about your guild... =]

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
69 - 10-15-2010, 13:26
Quote:

Just me, and I don't want your schedule. =p

Most of the people in that channel now have all quit playing, or are just casuals. Dirac is the only other "name" there, and I know he's had drama in the past.

Pure
VeteranX
Old
70 - 10-15-2010, 13:30
One of the rogues from Spike Flail app'd and when i asked about it i was told the app sucked so much that they didnt forward it to me

recruiting sucks, it'll probably be just me and pinch forever

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 10-15-2010, 16:03
Shadow was insane on Wednesday. I don't know what the changes did, but I couldn't spam SW Death on cd because our healers were horrible this week and I had to hold back on almost every boss because our tanks have downs (was an issue pre-4.0 as well). My account expires next month though and I'm not sure if I'll renew it for another 6 months.

I couldn't drop below 95% mana, either. Shadowfiend was up what seemed like every 45 seconds.

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
72 - 10-15-2010, 17:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaqaho View Post
Shadow was insane on Wednesday. I don't know what the changes did, but I couldn't spam SW Death on cd because our healers were horrible this week and I had to hold back on almost every boss because our tanks have downs (was an issue pre-4.0 as well). My account expires next month though and I'm not sure if I'll renew it for another 6 months.

I couldn't drop below 95% mana, either. Shadowfiend was up what seemed like every 45 seconds.
you can't leave me

Sailyn
Veteran++
Old
73 - 10-15-2010, 22:34
Quote:
One of the rogues from Spike Flail app'd and when i asked about it i was told the app sucked so much that they didnt forward it to me

Recruiting was a nightmare for rogues in vodka. I pretty much rejected every app for the longest time.

Quitting was much easier and now trashy players like Killars from VQ are the rogues.

el oh el

Huggsie (bahramyew) and Fayz are still raidin I take it? Quick look on armory also shows you have Mb and Inahk...some more ex-manno stars, nice.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
74 - 10-16-2010, 03:51
My final opinion on 4.0.1 is:

Buggy piece of ****.

Q: How do you release a live update that's somehow more broken than what you pushed to PTR and beta realms?

A: Work at Blizzard.

Adroit
VeteranXX
Old
75 - 10-16-2010, 04:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailyn View Post
Recruiting was a nightmare for rogues in vodka. I pretty much rejected every app for the longest time.

Quitting was much easier and now trashy players like Killars from VQ are the rogues.

el oh el

Huggsie (bahramyew) and Fayz are still raidin I take it? Quick look on armory also shows you have Mb and Inahk...some more ex-manno stars, nice.
LOL Killars is a complete tool from what I've heard. He also has the ****tiest UI I've ever seen.

Pure
VeteranX
Old
76 - 10-18-2010, 01:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailyn View Post
yeah we picked up huggsie and fayz around ToC and ulduar if i remember correctly, both still raiding....MB and inahks joined recently around the time we killed H LK

Atleast rogues are going to suck until the 2nd tier of cataclysm....gives me lots of time to recruit

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
77 - 10-18-2010, 08:37
Quote:

It was probably Methios. He's a decent player, but he's like 16. I wouldn't consider him amazing or anything. Most of our other rogues quit before we stopped raiding in May.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
78 - 10-18-2010, 12:19
Not to disturb the trip in the way-back machine yall are having.

I'm guessing we can expect another mage nerf. Specifically to arcane. 30,000 DPS on BQ last night and according to recount, I got a crit for 181,000 damage with AB.

Mages were top of the DPS charts all night long. It was kind of silly.

xpdnc
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
79 - 10-18-2010, 12:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
Not to disturb the trip in the way-back machine yall are having.

I'm guessing we can expect another mage nerf. Specifically to arcane. 30,000 DPS on BQ last night and according to recount, I got a crit for 181,000 damage with AB.

Mages were top of the DPS charts all night long. It was kind of silly.
manbeef's arcane mage helped set all sorts of new records in heroics...most boss fights lasted around 10 seconds

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
80 - 10-18-2010, 12:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpdnc View Post
manbeef's arcane mage helped set all sorts of new records in heroics...most boss fights lasted around 10 seconds
10 seconds... ya

Bull-****-O-Meter just went into overdrive.

OH wait I'm sorry, didn't realize you were talking about 5 man heroics.

Page 4 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page 4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s)

Social Website Bullshit