Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page Minecraft
Page 8 of 202
whazup911
Veteran++
Old
141 - 09-25-2010, 07:42
I also just setup an Alpha-Multiplayer server:

Enter the IP: 67.215.235.208:25566 in Multiplayer.

Sponsored Links
Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
142 - 09-25-2010, 14:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Mana View Post
Yeah, if you suck it out, the empty tile will become the flow tile of an adjacent source tile. but whenever you deposit water/lava from a bucket, it acts as a source (again, I've been having issues with this on our SMP server, but that is how it works in SP/how it is supposed to work)
Right, but from what I've read water will "heal" itself and generate new source blocks if there are bordering source blocks (and the block below is not also water)- if I pull a source block from the middle of a pond, it becomes a flow space and then fills in with a water source tile again because its surrounded by them.

Wondering if lava has the same mechanic.

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
143 - 09-25-2010, 14:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Right, but from what I've read water will "heal" itself and generate new source blocks if there are bordering source blocks (and the block below is not also water)- if I pull a source block from the middle of a pond, it becomes a flow space and then fills in with a water source tile again because its surrounded by them.

Wondering if lava has the same mechanic.
No it doesn't. Notch specifically made the water source blocks generate new source blocks so you can make rivers and stuff easily. Lava does not do the same thing though.

The only way to actually create a lot of lava is to make a waterfall. I made a huge pit mine and put 4 blocks of lava along the sides so it poured down all the way and generated light. I also plan on making a firewall on my next base and make a waterfall of Lava that pours down the side of my fortress to burn anything that gets close.

You can't grab new lava blocks from the bottom though, the only one that really exists and can be harvested is the one at the top. To get a lot of lava, you just need to bring 10 buckets close to the bottom of the earth, find a lake of lava and start hauling. (or you can cheat and use a map editor to give you an unlimited lava block in your inventory.)

cael
VeteranX
Old
144 - 09-25-2010, 15:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by whazup911 View Post
I also just setup an Alpha-Multiplayer server:

Enter the IP: 67.215.235.208:25566 in Multiplayer.
Nice server, thanks.

TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
145 - 09-25-2010, 15:08
I'm finally starting to get it to my head to use stone picks for standard mining+iron, then save the iron picks for the red dust, gold, and diamond. I'm useing more iron then I'm picking up, though I've found a region filled with all kind of goodies.

MonkeyHero
VeteranX
Old
146 - 09-25-2010, 15:10
Iron picks go through blocks faster than stone picks. It's not even that hard to get deep enough to where you're finding tons of iron so you might as well use it. Diamond hauls ass through stone even faster.

Jasper
VeteranXV
Old
147 - 09-25-2010, 15:17
I started in a bowl shaped valley with mountain on either side. Made a high causeway between the 2 so I can safely move between bases at night and dropped a ton of torches around the floor of the bowl. At night aint nothing coming into my valley that I cant see.

Plus looking around at all the areas that are lit up at night is cool.

God this game is like crack

TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
148 - 09-25-2010, 15:22
I know iron is faster then stone, and I've had one diamond pick just cause, it's just the speed I go through them without finding adequate replacement.

Also my front yard is glorious. I've set a tons of trees ablaze and a lot of them are still burning

Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
149 - 09-25-2010, 15:42
My minecraft keeps black screening every 3 minutes or so, can't play anymore

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
150 - 09-25-2010, 16:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
go kill yourself..... again

cael
VeteranX
Old
151 - 09-25-2010, 16:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Turn down your view distance.

whazup911
Veteran++
Old
152 - 09-25-2010, 17:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW_Dagger View Post
I know iron is faster then stone, and I've had one diamond pick just cause, it's just the speed I go through them without finding adequate replacement.

Also my front yard is glorious. I've set a tons of trees ablaze and a lot of them are still burning
fyi theres a bug with the equipment, if you drop them and pick them up their usage resets

Ciceron
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
153 - 09-25-2010, 17:09
Quote:

Burning trees can turn into indefinite burning blocks, so they may continue burning forever.

TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
154 - 09-25-2010, 17:11
niiice,

Time to abuse

Edit: The item health bar is the same when I Q to drop and drop them by draggin out of the inventory, does just the hidden number reset?

Last edited by TW_Dagger; 09-25-2010 at 17:21..
Thrakesh
VeteranX
Old
155 - 09-25-2010, 17:27
The bug with durability only exists on the mp game - sp does not have the bug.

TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
156 - 09-25-2010, 17:28
Oh I'll keep that in mind though.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
157 - 09-25-2010, 17:38
how much does it cost?

TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
158 - 09-25-2010, 18:13
13ish usd

Ciceron
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
159 - 09-25-2010, 18:19
Quote:
niiice,

Time to abuse

Edit: The item health bar is the same when I Q to drop and drop them by draggin out of the inventory, does just the hidden number reset?
Just surround a wood block with a nonflammable material (dirt, stone, sand, etc.) and set it on fire (i.e. with flint and steel). This block will now blaze forever and is itself a nonflammable block (since it's already on fire), which allows you to make whole areas of flame.

Jasper
VeteranXV
Old
160 - 09-25-2010, 20:57
Anyone tried one of the skin packs?

Page 8 of 202

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page Minecraft

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
216.245.201.30:25566 , 69.162.127.73:25566 , connection timed out , i am fucking gay , jelleh , mc.tribal-craft.com:25566 , odio is a fucking retard , whaz rocks