Minecraft by Machine - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page Minecraft
Page 5 of 202
Lineage
VeteranX
Old
81 - 09-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Day 1 - Construction of the fort begins. Resources scarce on my island, but exploration reveals forests to the north and ample mineral resources in the caverns below.

Day 2 - Excavation of the cavern begins. Work is slow. Tools keep failing me. The sputtering light of torches are my only friend.

Day 3 - Discovered a mysterious dark cavern while excavating. Killed by a *&$%ing skeleton.

Day 4 - Vengeance is in the works.
 
Lineage is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Suilenroc
VeteranX
Old
82 - 09-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciceron View Post
Infinity

If you like procedural games, bookmark this one.

It's been in development for a million years (think only one guy is working on it) but progress is still being made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7eREddMjt4
This is pretty amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibZZRDIhtVo
They've managed to create better looking surface terrain and space views than other games, all running together seamlessly.
 
Suilenroc is offline
 
Last edited by Suilenroc; 09-23-2010 at 11:09 PM.
arcadus
VeteranXV
Old
83 - 09-23-2010, 11:17 PM
holy **** @ infinity
 
arcadus is offline
 
FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Contributor
Old
84 - 09-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krustyy View Post
So I snagged a copy of this yesterday and I'm trying to set up a multiplayer server for people to **** around at work.

The problem is that no zombies come out at night and a significant portion of the man placed blocks can't be destroyed. Every time you break them, they just reappear. Does anyone know if this is just a known bug in multiplayer or if I'm doing something wrong?
Use MCAdmin MCAdmin revision 76 - Minecraft Forum - Official Minecraft Forums.

I think you want the default rank to be builder. Also don't turn monsters on in MP because once they're spawned they're damn hard to get rid of since they're immune to damage.
 
FalseMyrmidon is offline
 
Ciceron
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
85 - 09-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suilenroc View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7eREddMjt4
This is pretty amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibZZRDIhtVo
They've managed to create better looking surface terrain and space views than other games, all running together seamlessly.
Know what's even better?

In the tech demo where the guy is flying towards the planet, he clicks stars in the distance and I presume an ID displays and a distance.

You can go to those stars seamlessly.

The only problem I see is that there is pretty much an entire procedural universe to play in. Going to seem awfully empty no matter how many people play.
 
Ciceron is offline
 
Last edited by Ciceron; 09-24-2010 at 12:36 AM.
-[ENIG]ma-
VeteranX
Old
86 - 09-24-2010, 12:45 AM


Just got the game last week...
 
-[ENIG]ma- is offline
 
Ciceron
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
87 - 09-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Christ.

Also, how did you take that pic?
 
Ciceron is offline
 
-[ENIG]ma-
VeteranX
Old
88 - 09-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciceron View Post
Christ.

Also, how did you take that pic?
Cartograph - map your Alpha - Minecraft Forum - Official Minecraft Forums
EDIT: As a warning, it will show you every area (and cavern) that has been prerendered even if you haven't visited it. I just use it as a tool to see how much I've expanded every few days.
 
-[ENIG]ma- is offline
 
Last edited by -[ENIG]ma-; 09-24-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Suilenroc
VeteranX
Old
89 - 09-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciceron View Post
Going to seem awfully empty no matter how many people play.
That's part of the attraction in these procedural worlds I think. Everyone can have their own plot of land or space, but they can also gather together wherever they feel like.
 
Suilenroc is offline
 
arcadus
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 09-24-2010, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciceron View Post
Know what's even better?

In the tech demo where the guy is flying towards the planet, he clicks stars in the distance and I presume an ID displays and a distance.

You can go to those stars seamlessly.

The only problem I see is that there is pretty much an entire procedural universe to play in. Going to seem awfully empty no matter how many people play.
funny you mention that, as i was watching that i was thinking to myself "man i bet all those stars are just some background image"

then he starts clicking on individual stars
 
arcadus is offline
 
Whoop
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
91 - 09-24-2010, 12:19 PM
I finally hit lava in depths of my cave system. It killed me 4 time... :'(
 
Whoop is offline
 
Reggs
VeteranX
Old
92 - 09-24-2010, 01:09 PM
I just fooled around with the free in browser thing.

I press b for inventory. How can I start to build stuff?
 
Reggs is offline
 
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
93 - 09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
I just fooled around with the free in browser thing.

I press b for inventory. How can I start to build stuff?
the browser one is just the creativity gametype I think where you can build freely just by selecting blocks.

I grew bored of it pretty quickly.

Should be LMB or RMB or something to put a block down.
 
JoMo is offline
 
Jelly
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 09-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
I finally hit lava in depths of my cave system. It killed me 4 time... :'(


I found a baddies spawner that spawned spiders :tinfoid:

I should have just farmed them and collected the string but i destroyed the spawn block
 
Jelly is offline
 
Jelly
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 09-24-2010, 01:43 PM
anyone have a machine powerfull enough to stream on justin.tv ?

that way we can see what you're builds are like
 
Jelly is offline
 
TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
96 - 09-24-2010, 01:44 PM
machine yes, internet no.
 
TW_Dagger is offline
 
Whoop
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
97 - 09-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly View Post


I found a baddies spawner that spawned spiders :tinfoid:

I should have just farmed them and collected the string but i destroyed the spawn block
I dug into this giant cavern thing and was just tooling around making sure no mobs were inside. I kept hearing the sounds of spiders, but i assumed they were on the other side of a wall somewhere.

****ing spider falls out of a hole in the ceiling and starts beating the **** out of me. I ran away... straight into an exploding penis.

I die so much, lol.
 
Whoop is offline
 
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
98 - 09-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
I dug into this giant cavern thing and was just tooling around making sure no mobs were inside. I kept hearing the sounds of spiders, but i assumed they were on the other side of a wall somewhere.

****ing spider falls out of a hole in the ceiling and starts beating the **** out of me. I ran away... straight into an exploding penis.

I die so much, lol.
So you were tooling around inside a giant cavern and the next thing you know a penis exploded?

Isn't this like a normal Friday night without gaming for you?
 
JoMo is offline
 
Last edited by JoMo; 09-24-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Jelly
VeteranXV
Old
99 - 09-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
I dug into this giant cavern thing and was just tooling around making sure no mobs were inside. I kept hearing the sounds of spiders, but i assumed they were on the other side of a wall somewhere.

****ing spider falls out of a hole in the ceiling and starts beating the **** out of me. I ran away... straight into an exploding penis.

I die so much, lol.
Wow!

Make sure you lay a BUNCH of tourches. The wont spawn there.

Also, what difficulty are you on.

I'm playing with the sound off :O
 
Jelly is offline
 
Reggs
VeteranX
Old
100 - 09-24-2010, 04:09 PM
So you can craft anything in the free browser version?
 
Reggs is offline
 
Page 5 of 202


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page Minecraft

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
216.245.201.30:25566 , 69.162.127.73:25566 , connection timed out , i am fucking gay , jelleh , mc.tribal-craft.com:25566 , odio is a fucking retard , whaz rocks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.