Old
201 - 09-26-2010, 12:57 PM
damnit i'm gonna have to buy this.

Sponsored Links
TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
202 - 09-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Jesus ****ing weepers, if torches burns out I'm going to cry like a little girl in the dark. I go through so many ****ing torches it not even funny. I can imagine the exploding penises looking towards a mountain and see huge clouds of smoke coming from the top, thats how many torches I use. Having to dump lava in a hole here and there would be more trouble then it's worth. Serverside option TorchesExpire=0 is a must.

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
203 - 09-26-2010, 01:00 PM
I bet he puts in something like lanterns that don't burn out if he messes with the torches. It would screw up the gameplay too much if you couldn't permanently light areas properly.

cael
VeteranX
Old
204 - 09-26-2010, 01:07 PM
He needs to make diamond tools not wear out as well.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
205 - 09-26-2010, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't bother mining at the surface, either make stairway until you get to the blocks that are unbreakable, or make a long ladder going 2 wide each step down to void dropping into a cave or lava. The ladders only need to be placed on every other block.

I am trying out the branch mining method it is very efficient, I end up with more than enough iron and I get red ore, diamonds and lots of coal. I made a room with a large chest, 2 furnaces and a workbench that is close to the bottom. I block off the room to prevent lava from pouring in there incase I break through somewhere and die, you will lose everything in the lava so a storage box will prevent the loss of all the crap you find.

Link to the video of the branch mining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az4KihqqRGk

Jasper
VeteranXV
Old
206 - 09-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Ok, WTF WAS THAT NOISE?!?!

I tunneled into a cavern fairly close to the surface and I ****ing hear what sounds like either a dragon or a car going by. You know, low, high, low like something going past me.

Never heard that before and Im ****ting myself

MonkeyHero
VeteranX
Old
207 - 09-26-2010, 02:13 PM
I think that's just "music" but I'm not sure. The game randomly chooses to play happy relaxing music or the sound of demons coming to **** you.

Bughead
VeteranXV
Old
208 - 09-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Ok, WTF WAS THAT NOISE?!?!

I tunneled into a cavern fairly close to the surface and I ****ing hear what sounds like either a dragon or a car going by. You know, low, high, low like something going past me.

Never heard that before and Im ****ting myself
Maybe a skeleton shot at you? Dunno.

Jasper
VeteranXV
Old
209 - 09-26-2010, 02:17 PM
I think it was a zombie. I hear alot of moaning coming from somewhere.

I swear though that first noise reminded me of a car driving by me really fast

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
210 - 09-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Creepy music means you are close to a dungeon, at least that is the rumor.

TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
211 - 09-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Well ****sticks, I started a new world since the snow was making me sleeping, essentially same time of terrain as first minus the snow (extremely tall mountains with valleys in between). Well I quickly learned not to build a fortress where the sun don't shine, cause undead don't die unless the sun shines. Walked out my door to see like 5 zombies and 4 skeleton archers trying to get in, despite being daylight they weren't dieing, so I had to run out of the valley so they'll burn to death.

This game is weird.

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
212 - 09-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Snow levels make for the best traps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlcGOKWLur0

The only really annoying thing about them is when you want to make a skylight you have to stick torches all over do it doesn't get covered in snow.

Ciceron
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
213 - 09-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whazup911 View Post
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
B
C
D

A5: Gunpowder for TNT use
A6: Mushroom, can be planted/farmed in a semi-dark cave + made into soup
A7: Flint, combined with Iron to make a fire maker
A8: Egg, no use yet.
A9: Wheat, can be forged into bread

B6: Leather, can make a weak armor
B7: String, used for bows, forged to make cloth
B8: Jukebox CD, play using Jukebox

C2: Feather, for arrows
C4: Tree Sapling, plant into grass with 4 squares room, will turn into tree in 2-3 days. If you cut down a tree and just leave the leaves there, it will decay and drop saplings. (Easy wood farming)
C6: Used to make "links" the wires to activate switches and etc

D8: Lava, can be used in a furnace(Will destroy Iron Bucket) Lasts 1000 Seconds compared to i "think" 45 for coal? An alternate form of lighting via furnances/fireplaces. People are starting to look into other forms of lighting because Notch hinted at making torches burn out after time.

Sand can be smelted into glass. Clay can be smelted into clay bricks then forged into bricks. Creeper explosions have no effect on Obsidian (Where flowing lava and still water meets) and explosion effects are lessened depending on how strong the material is.

Crafting - Minepedia - The Minecraft Wiki!
Pretty sure B6 is a saddle.

Put it on a pig and ride it. Can't control it though.

Bughead
VeteranXV
Old
214 - 09-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciceron View Post
Pretty sure B6 is a saddle.

Put it on a pig and ride it. Can't control it though.
Yeah the record and saddle were throwing me off. I couldn't find them on the crafting list on the wiki.

I just randomly found them in chests with zombies in the room (dmg is turned off on that server so I moshed with them for a bit, killed the spawner, and took the chest).

Is there anyway to use the spawner other than just killing it? Also I used my sword once and my pickaxe another time and it never lets me pick it up. What do I use (or can you pick it up)?

Also how do I make rivers? I have two buckets where I have captured the "source" of a river (lava and water, the first block where it originates) and I wanna make a waterfall/lavafall flowing off my floating island into two different pools respectively. What do I have to do to do that correctly?

Last edited by Bughead; 09-26-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Ciceron
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
215 - 09-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bughead View Post
Yeah the record and saddle were throwing me off. I couldn't find them on the crafting list on the wiki.

I just randomly found them in chests with zombies in the room (dmg is turned off on that server so I moshed with them for a bit, killed the spawner, and took the chest).

Is there anyway to use the spawner other than just killing it? Also I used my sword once and my pickaxe another time and it never lets me pick it up. What do I use (or can you pick it up)?

Also how do I make rivers? I have two buckets where I have captured the "source" of a river (lava and water, the first block where it originates) and I wanna make a waterfall/lavafall flowing off my floating island into two different pools respectively. What do I have to do to do that correctly?
Just place the source. Make sure you have set up proper channeling. Lava can mess **** up a lot easier than water.

Bughead
VeteranXV
Old
216 - 09-26-2010, 04:44 PM
What can contain lava? My floating island is dirt.

Do I need to use cobblestone or stone or something else?

MonkeyHero
VeteranX
Old
217 - 09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
cobblestone will contain it.

Bughead
VeteranXV
Old
218 - 09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyHero View Post
cobblestone will contain it.
If I place it, and the water/lava just disappears, what did I do wrong? lol

MonkeyHero
VeteranX
Old
219 - 09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
I think that's a bug. It does that to me in multiplayer too :\

Works fine in SP mode though.

Bughead
VeteranXV
Old
220 - 09-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyHero View Post
I think that's a bug. It does that to me in multiplayer too :\

Works fine in SP mode though.
Quote:
You need to use the bucket fix (ap.class?) from Llama mod.
Yep . Well that sucks that was the main part of my design. Unless whazup911 patches the server then buckets won't work correctly (or unless I get admin privilages and type "/give playername 8 10" for a working water block).

Page 11 of 202

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page Minecraft

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
216.245.201.30:25566 , 69.162.127.73:25566 , connection timed out , i am fucking gay , jelleh , mc.tribal-craft.com:25566 , odio is a fucking retard , whaz rocks