Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [MMORPG]World of Tanks
Page 2 of 261
Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
21 - 07-31-2010, 06:44
Does the shooting require skill or is it target and press button?

Sponsored Links
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
22 - 07-31-2010, 06:58
Each gun has a certain amount of armor it can penetrate, each tank has a certain amount of armor. Frontal armor is the toughest, side and rear armor the weakest. AP ammo has a falloff on it's amount of penetration. HE Ammo does not. There is 'premium' ammo, that costs gold.

Game modes:

Recruit Battle = Light tanks and Artillery (noob ranks) once you go a certain amount up the tech tree you will then move to:

Standard Battle = All tanks and Artillery

Light Tanks = Scouts, I mean sure you can shoot at stuff but your main job is to stay alive and scout stuff for the other tanks and the Artillery to kill. You should try to find the other teams Artillery and kill it. If you stop moving, you're dead.

Medium tanks = A little tougher to kill, a little slower. Good for flanking heavy tanks and using hit and run tactics.

Heavy tanks = The big boys, tougher to kill but slower. Most light tanks can't damage you, a lot of shells will bounce off of you. You can 1 shot light tanks, and do a large amount of damage to other tanks but your turret movement is slower and reload time is longer.

Tank Destroyers: You can basically snipe with these while hiding in a bush. Has a lower profile and is harder to detect. A lot of shells will bounce off the higher level tank destroyers thanks to the slope of the armor. The drawbacks are weak side and really weak rear armor. It doesn't have a turret so it's vulnerable to being attacked from the rear. If you get 'tracked' (track damaged) and can't move, you will die fast.

Artillery: The main damage dealers so to speak. Hide in a bush or find a corner of the map and wait on your scouts to detect tanks. Use the overhead map to drop large explosive shells on enemy tanks and destroy them. (press 'shift' to see the overhead). They have the least amount of armor and will die to pretty much everything though. If you are spotted, move because everyone is coming for you!

Credits/XP are given for scouting, hitting enemies, killing enemies. The more damage you do to a bigger tank when compared to your tank, the more XP and credits you earn.

Last edited by JoMo; 07-31-2010 at 07:27..
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
23 - 07-31-2010, 07:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithed View Post
Does the shooting require skill or is it target and press button?
There is skill involved. If you are a light tank especially, and pretty much any tank, you want to stay transversal to other tanks. (side to side) as it's harder to be tracked by the turret and there is more of a spread in the aiming.

There is an 'auto-aim' mode (right click on a highlighted enemy tank), which can be used to help guide your aim at tanks but it's not entirely accurate. It will try to keep the turret aimed at the tank and show you where to lead in order to hit it. The fact that most tanks stay moving doesn't lead to the best accuracy. It's point and shoot if they aren't moving though, but those people just suck.

But the question is, do you fire at the enemy sitting still but you have a wider cone of fire, or do you wait a few seconds for the aiming to 'zero in' thus increasing your chances of hitting the enemy, but knowing that they may move which will screw everything up?

Also, your crew helps accuracy, load times, etc. There are actually two reticles. One is the actual gun, the other is the cone of fire. Different guns have different aiming delays, these can be sped up with a better crew.

As your tank crew gets better (more games played) you become more accurate, load your gun faster, spot enemies better, etc...

There are systems that can be damaged. If you aim at the tracks of another tank, you can immobilize them.

*If you hit their turret, it can be immobilized, even the gun itself can be damaged and that will result in reduced targeting ability (bigger spread of fire)

*The engine can be damaged which results in slower speed or immobilization as well. Fuel tanks can also be damaged, not sure what effect this has though.

*Radio can be damaged which results in you not being able to communicate enemy positions on screen to your team.

*The ammo rack can be damaged, this can result in loss of ammo, or even detonation which will blow your tank up.

*The tank can catch on fire and it slowly loses health until your crew puts it out.

*Crew can even be injured which results in everything from more spread, slower loading, less radio, etc.

The crew will fix all these problems, unless it's critical damage, a better trained crew fixes the problems faster.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
24 - 07-31-2010, 07:27
Also, Shattered Crystal is giving out key codes, just sign up with some bull**** information.

WoT - World of Tanks items and currency

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 07-31-2010, 08:48
I bought a new radio for my pz.35(t). I'm now rock'n it with an 600m 8track.

Gotta work on my aim.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 07-31-2010, 08:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor666 View Post

However what that game lacks is the power of infantry. They can make or break tank support.

Just Tank on Tank action is not a satisfying strategy

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 07-31-2010, 09:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor666 View Post
Holy **** that vid gives me wood.

I am a tank Police/commander in the So Cal Scenario paintball scene.

However what that game lacks is the power of infantry. They can make or break tank support.

Just Tank on Tank action is not a satisfying strategy
According to the FAQ for WoT:

Are there any machine guns in the game?

Tanks have machine guns installed on them, but as long as there is no infantry, there***8217;s no need to use them in battles, because even the most powerful machine gun is not capable of penetrating armor of a decent tank. Infantry will be implemented further on.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 07-31-2010, 09:07
looks like it wants to be ww2o

is that game still going?

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
29 - 07-31-2010, 09:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
looks like it wants to be ww2o

is that game still going?
except matches last 15 mins maximum and there is no respawning

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 07-31-2010, 09:12
so is that really an mmorpg?

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 07-31-2010, 09:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Also, Shattered Crystal is giving out key codes, just sign up with some bull**** information.

WoT - World of Tanks items and currency
This worked - thanks!

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 07-31-2010, 09:21
I'm building a friends

--- begin list ---
VonSchpam
SkaBoss

Last edited by Hellsfury; 07-31-2010 at 19:38..
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
33 - 07-31-2010, 09:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
so is that really an mmorpg?
It's more of an Action MMO with RPG elements.

EPIK
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 07-31-2010, 11:13
Do you still have to go "3 2 1 JOIN MATCH" in order to get paired up with friends?

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
35 - 07-31-2010, 11:49
My BT-2 brought the pain and killed 5 newbs in Rookie land.

Helado
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
36 - 07-31-2010, 12:14
Got the email from shattered crystal awhile ago, just got the key. The whole territory thing looks fun. 15 minute games I can play daily for as much or little as I want? Count me in.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
37 - 07-31-2010, 12:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helado View Post
Got the email from shattered crystal awhile ago, just got the key. The whole territory thing looks fun. 15 minute games I can play daily for as much or little as I want? Count me in.
yeah the territory thing isn't implemented yet. Just the basic tank warfare on like 5 maps. Eventually they are going to have 30 vs 30 battles on bigger maps. There should be a new patch sometime soon. The server is in Europe.

notwasabi
Veteran++
Old
38 - 07-31-2010, 14:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
We should start up a friends list

--- begin list ---
VonSchpam
Skaboss

sup dude! downloading now

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
39 - 07-31-2010, 14:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIK View Post
Do you still have to go "3 2 1 JOIN MATCH" in order to get paired up with friends?
yes, the matchmaking with friends/clans isn't currently in.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
40 - 07-31-2010, 15:42
Tank trees, and full trees expected later down the line.

Tank Trees :: World of Tanks ? Free To Play Panzer MMO Game, Community Web-Site

Page 2 of 261

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [MMORPG]World of Tanks

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is a big fucking deal , feannag mmo essays , gay for t-54 , is7 > maus , maus > * , t30>maus