Mid-air notification script?

Hey all,

This is my first post on these forums, even though I've been playing Tribes 2 on and off for years and years now (never competitively or on a high level though; just for fun). So, hi!

My question: on Goon Haven, you get popup notifications when you hit a midair, with the number of MAs you've hit on that map and the distance of the last one. I've been looking for a script like this for my own servers, but I can't seem to find it. Does such a script exist?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Because I like to play my own servers with bots from time to time, as target practice... Goon Haven isn't the only server I ever want to play on.

I do play classic, but the midair popup function is not in the mod by default. I've looked all over the internet too (slingscripts, TribalOutpost etc.) but I can't seem to find anything like it.

getting distance clientside would require a hack if there is no message to parse or "active" notification from the server

I don't play T2 so I could be wrong but that's how it works in T1

I could write you one, but I'd have to dust off T2, and do some hardcore mapping/debugging.

Latency makes client-side implementation difficult, but not impossible. You must interpret both collision data ( simulated on the client ), and explosion data for accuracy.

I have no idea how to do that. Plus, I'd like to have it in a couple of single-player missions as well; for example, I'm using the UberDuck mid-air training mission for MA practice, and I'd like to have the popups in that one too if that were possible.

Strange. A mid-air training mission that doesn't have MA detection / stats?

Is everything you want to do, client-side on your own server?

Strange. A mid-air training mission that doesn't have MA detection / stats?
It is strange, but true. It doesn't detect MA hits, in the sense that it doesn't distinguish between MA hits and direct or splash hits on the ground. Furthermore, the only stat I'm given is the damage the hit does, which is silly because every direct disc hit does the same amount of damage of course (about 75% health of a light armor).

I'd like to have a script that gives me a popup when I hit an MA, along with the distance and total number of MA stats, just like on Goon Haven... but on my own servers and training missions and whatnot. Like I said, if I wanna use bots for target practice, a script like that would be tremendously handy.

Is everything you want to do, client-side on your own server?
And in the training missions I mentioned, and also on servers that don't have the serverside script... basically, any server that isn't Goon Haven, as far as I know of.

Thanks!

Btw, I basically screwed up with the clientside and serverside terminology. To have the popup on my own servers and in training missions, I need the serverside script. Sorry :/

Back