Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page League of Legends
Page 9 of 733
HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
161 - 07-15-2010, 22:28
if they just turned up the "umph" on this game a bit (a lot), itd be so much better

Sponsored Links
Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
162 - 07-15-2010, 22:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V| View Post
skibbi, did you flunk out of hon?
got tired of flame wars and raging people every game. I havent decided might go back to hon or stay in LoL. we'll see. They're both good in different ways.

WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
163 - 07-15-2010, 22:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post
got tired of flame wars and raging people every game. I havent decided might go back to hon or stay in LoL. we'll see. They're both good in different ways.
i play hon when i want a challenge.

i play lol when i dont wanna have to worry about **** like psr and kdr

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
164 - 07-15-2010, 23:05
stop shavin those pubes and be a man

CjBurden
VeteranXX
Old
165 - 07-16-2010, 00:51
I don't understand why people say hon is a challenge and lol isn't. if you get your elo/ranking high enough you're going to play against better competition and you're gonna get waxed a lot of the time.

I've seen a lot of people say ridiculous things like this. yeah you can pubstomp lowbies all day I guess, but whats that got to do with the game really?

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
166 - 07-16-2010, 01:37
its because the skill cap is lower. its like comparing dow2 to starcraft

CjBurden
VeteranXX
Old
167 - 07-16-2010, 02:02
I don't think anyone saying that lol is not a challenge are actually people playing at the highest levels of lol.

*shrug*

EPIK
VeteranXX
Old
168 - 07-16-2010, 04:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CjBurden View Post
I don't understand why people say hon is a challenge and lol isn't. if you get your elo/ranking high enough you're going to play against better competition and you're gonna get waxed a lot of the time.

I've seen a lot of people say ridiculous things like this. yeah you can pubstomp lowbies all day I guess, but whats that got to do with the game really?
The games are very similar... HoN incorporates some additional elements that introduce some new strategy.

Kinda funny though... Wasn't denying in Dota a bug? They simply couldn't prevent the friendly team from being able to kill their own creeps?

I understand it's not the only difference between HoN and LoL. Gold penalty for death... and of course, the champions/chars/whatever aren't the exact same.

So does this "Challenge" make for a better game? What exactly makes HoN more of a challenge?

There IS a HoN thread... I think it might be somewhere back on page 3 now.

@Cj: I quoted you because I agree with you. However, the questions were not directed towards you.

Last edited by EPIK; 07-16-2010 at 04:20..
Grutzujin
VeteranXX
Old
169 - 07-16-2010, 05:20
im ranked 1397 now. 7-0 in ranked and PGA KDA is 8/3.7/13.3

Limbo
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
170 - 07-16-2010, 07:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V| View Post
yo

play hon

Juke
VeteranX
Old
171 - 07-16-2010, 08:15
doubledang

tanks

i'll play with anyone as long as they don't whine or act like a dick

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
172 - 07-16-2010, 15:42
Gotta have 14 ****ing characters to play ranked games. What a ****in' sham.

Darklord
VeteranX
Old
173 - 07-16-2010, 15:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odio View Post
Gotta have 14 ****ing characters to play ranked games. What a ****in' sham.
you also have to be level 20. Having 14 chars in dead simple, since there are 10 free ones a week...just buy some of the 450 ip champions that take only 4 games to get.

Pelleas
VeteranXX
Old
174 - 07-16-2010, 17:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIK View Post
The games are very similar... HoN incorporates some additional elements that introduce some new strategy.

Kinda funny though... Wasn't denying in Dota a bug? They simply couldn't prevent the friendly team from being able to kill their own creeps?

I understand it's not the only difference between HoN and LoL. Gold penalty for death... and of course, the champions/chars/whatever aren't the exact same.

So does this "Challenge" make for a better game? What exactly makes HoN more of a challenge?

There IS a HoN thread... I think it might be somewhere back on page 3 now.

@Cj: I quoted you because I agree with you. However, the questions were not directed towards you.
The truth is that noone on TW has played both at a high level. Its mostly just fan boys defending "their" game. LoL at a high level has tons depth in my experience. Knowing all 50+ characters and how people play them, map awareness, team work, getting the perfect builds, and even mastering 1 character all takes tons of time.

retribution
VeteranX
Old
175 - 07-16-2010, 17:31
I've been playing Zilean and he makes good support, but I've been having a hard time dealing out enough damage to rack up kills if enemy champions are at more than say 50% hp. I stack ability power and use time bomb/rewind to really nail them but I'm having a tough time against opponents who can deal me out a lot of damage (like master yi), especially if they start getting a lot of hp/magic resist items. I've been using the recommended build; I bought a nasher's tooth last game and that worked pretty well but I ended up being fragile without the constant HP/armor item build. Which is fine if they don't have stun and I can run away with time warp but against Ashe+Ryze I got destroyed.

Suggestions?

Grutzujin
VeteranXX
Old
176 - 07-16-2010, 18:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by retribution View Post
I've been playing Zilean and he makes good support, but I've been having a hard time dealing out enough damage to rack up kills if enemy champions are at more than say 50% hp. I stack ability power and use time bomb/rewind to really nail them but I'm having a tough time against opponents who can deal me out a lot of damage (like master yi), especially if they start getting a lot of hp/magic resist items. I've been using the recommended build; I bought a nasher's tooth last game and that worked pretty well but I ended up being fragile without the constant HP/armor item build. Which is fine if they don't have stun and I can run away with time warp but against Ashe+Ryze I got destroyed.

Suggestions?
Tooth is kinda dumb on Zil, IMO. His attacks are weak, and unless you going hybrid AttackDamage/AbilityPower speeding them up is silly.

He is great at harassing champs in the laning phase, but is very squishy himself. The range on time bomb and ability to cast it twice one someone in an instant can make them very scared to come near the bushes, or creeps to get gold/xp.

For the suggestions part: I'd (and I play semi-defensive and hate dying) would rush a rod of ages, or at least the Catalyst piece and upgrade later (but soon). Get boots, a void staff, deathfire, guardian angle (can be annoying to have to kill Zil 3x times for him to really die), and something else. It's kinda situational.

Last edited by Grutzujin; 07-16-2010 at 18:05..
Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
177 - 07-16-2010, 18:30
recommended items often times suck. i usually try to find a guide on leaguecraft.com, altho they're not always the best some of them are really good (nasus guide by hyfe, for example).

soul shroud is another good item on zilean and adds to his support role. if magic resistance is giving you a really hard time, get sorc boots and the magic penetration mastery in offense and put as many point as you can into utility after that.

WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
178 - 07-16-2010, 19:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by retribution View Post

Suggestions?
step 1 get: archangels staff - rod of the ages - void staff
step 2: melt faces

styr
VeteranXX
Old
179 - 07-16-2010, 19:27
saving up my points to buy heimer, should be fun

WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
180 - 07-16-2010, 19:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
saving up my points to buy heimer, should be fun
heimdinger is fun, his turretts are his biggest strength and greatest weakness.

he can control the map with them, but if not placed just right he is gimped ability wise.

only thing i cant remember is if his turrests are boosted by ap or attack power

Page 9 of 733

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page League of Legends

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
#odio is a virgin , #odio is an awkward faggot , 1118 , baddies , badmofo is a big fucking deal , dragon noobs , fuck you tyco , fuzzy = best on tw , fuzzy = unranked , fuzzy season 2 champ , gotg feeds , i heard odio sucks , i know odio sucks , i know shok , i shat a brick , jayvee loves dicks , laugh out loud , league > hon , league of legends , odio feeds , official lol thread , reduc=armor/(armor+100) , roshan , teemo , v sucks dicks , who gives a shit happy