Skins for Tribes 1.40

oh and my itemhud disappeared. i dont remember messing with it, but when i restored the original config/modules/itemhud folder, i still cant see it. what should i do?

are there any other itemhuds out there, say for grens/mines/rep kit?

opsayo is right, visibility is a big deal. biggest issue i have with 1.4 is that it's hard to see people, flags, and mines- it all just kinda blends into the terrain

I think the flag glow should be increased in brightness and circumference personally. Or maybe I should just get my eyes checked.

i took Z's lush terrain and lightened it up. if anyone is interested, let me know and ill upload it.

comparison.jpg

rmine1.png

red mines

Last edited:
I've recolored Z's skins 5 different ways and they never seem to duplicate or improve upon the visibility of the originals.

I did one nearly identical to that. The problem is once you lighten and desaturate to that point they begin to lose what made them nice in the first place and begin to look like the originals but without the dirt. In short, I'm still using the default terrains.

i took Z's lush terrain and lightened it up. if anyone is interested, let me know and ill upload it.

comparison.jpg

rmine1.png

red mines

that is by far the best custom terrain i have seen

not only in detail, but the fact that it is a good shade (not too dark or bright)

beautiful

Combine that with the dirt patches and we have a winner -but you have to have the dirt patches as weapons react differently to it (i.e. grenade bounce vs stick)

notes:
for some reason only half of the textures load for raindance and for every map played after that (unless you leave and rejoin the server). the same thing happens to the billy sky textures.

i don't think its a texture issue but some kind of map or config issue. i'm not a trives hacker.

also, these pngs are not compressed super efficiently. my load times are fine, but i may compress all of them this weekend if i'm incredibly bored.

download link

notes:
for some reason only half of the textures load for raindance and for every map played after that (unless you leave and rejoin the server). the same thing happens to the billy sky textures.

i don't think its a texture issue but some kind of map or config issue. i'm not a trives hacker.

also, these pngs are not compressed super efficiently. my load times are fine, but i may compress all of them this weekend if i'm incredibly bored.

download link

you're not loading them correctly

Back