So my account got hacked / stripped last night. by GraphiX - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page So my account got hacked / stripped last night.
Page 2 of 2
zeph
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 12-27-2009, 22:31
Wahhhh ppl are mean to me because I'm still dumb enough to get hacked. Here's a scam email I recently recieved.

Quote:
Greetings,

This is a notification regarding the World of Warcraft account. As your account information has been known by the Third Party.

As you may or may not be aware of, these actions conflict with the EULA and Terms of Service (TOS) of Blizzard Entertainment and World of Warcraft.

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account. This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.

Please use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* First and Last name
* Address
* Zip code
* Phone number Daytime
* Country
* Account e-mail
* CD-key
* Account name
* Account password
* Secret Question and Answer

If you ignore this communication your account can and will be closed permanently due to suspicions of alternative ownership. We ask that during the investigation you give approximately twenty-four hours of inactivity after sending a response email. This should provide enough time for Blizzard to confirm your identity and that the TOS are being followed as outlined.

Feel free to contact World of Worcraft Account Administration if you have any further questions.

Blizzard Entertainment Inc
Account Administration Team
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623

Regards,

Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment
Blizzard Support
World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2009
Notice the improper grammar in some parts and spelling errors, also no mention of any of my account information. Think I responded to this email? Nope.

Sponsored Links
Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 12-27-2009, 23:09
Time and time again Blizzard (like other companies now) will always tell you they will never ask for passwords or account names or similar information much less ask for it in an email.

Asking for that information alone is enough to tell you it's fake, you don't even need to read the grammar and spelling errors.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
23 - 12-28-2009, 00:38
Love, Sex, Secret and God

TooSmoothe
VeteranXX
Old
24 - 12-28-2009, 12:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Love, Sex, Secret and God

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page So my account got hacked / stripped last night.

Social Website Bullshit